Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

what does Babel have to do to get a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RustySpoon wrote: »

whats that supposed to display? where do i discuss another team? maybe you quoted the wrong message? maybe you put up the wrong link? whatever, emm, to end the story the red mist dissapeared, i realised i dont hate rooney, and im just soooo dissapointed in his performances lately, and his dive today almost sent me over the edge......the dog is safe, and im confused as to why you want to discuss united things in the pool thread

1-0 crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

mike65 wrote: »
    Thank fu<k for that, the added joke is that Carra had the assist.

Mike.

It was so simple. Good cross great header into the bottom corner. Why doesn't it happen more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Unlucky for Fernando. Yossi warming up

Call_me_al wrote: »
    what does Babel have to do to get a game?

play well for more then 20 minutes?

• Advertisement

Gordon is keeping them in it at this stage.

Two assists for Carragher in 3 games. Never seen him in the attacking side of the field so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

isnt it novel to have two strikers playing that look like scoring :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

finally a win on its way :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lucas off, Alan Green commenting how he was sold a pup by being asked to play on the left by Rafa.

Mike.

2-0 tORRES

• Advertisement

Hopefully now, Kuyt is but a distant memory for the rest of the season/eternity

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good man torres

quality finish there, sunderland are just terrible though arent they

With the ASSIST from CROUCH! (take note Kuyt)

Carra at it again.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

kryogen wrote: »
    now thats just ignorant, uninformed and laughable..but if you can find trolling posts from em go report them and see what happens

"So easy to get a biter here" - wasnt that the one?

do u mean to be a big giant hypocrite or do u just not have the intelligence to realise what you are saying?

"****in rooney, thats it im ****in finished with the scouse waster"

so thats what a little fingers worth of love is these days?

its amazing how your hatred of liverpool seeps in to posts about your own players performance...
    but apparently im wrong and you couldn't give a f**k about Liverpool.
    and well done for not getting the joke in my sig. probably proves my point about ur intelligence so sorry for calling you a hypocrite :)

Babel warming up (and Kuyt - be afraid, be very afraid).

Mike.

oh i get the joke in your sig, but do you think that the people who havent seen your boring rants get it?

sorry now, since when is wayne rooney manchester united? i love the club, he is not the club.... i know its hard for some pool fans to differentiate between a player and the actual club, i.e. gerrard, carra, but trust me there is a difference,

unfortunatly you didnt think about my post for long enough, you still dont get what im saying, its ok... i didnt expect you too really, it requires a level of mental capacity that im confident you dont possess....... so easy to get a biter is not trolling, its common fact... but dont take my word, report it....

what would you like me to call rooney? a cockney waster? a manc waster? hes a scouse so what am i meant to call him, again mental capacity come into the equation i guess......

i would like to re iterate one point, you saying that because i critiscise one player on my team i dont love my team really says alot about you and your level of intelligence.... now im done arguing with you, a guy said it once, never argue with an idiot, they will only take you down to their level and beat you.... so enjoy the rest of the game and your night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lads, I hate to sound like a mod, but if ya wanna snipe at each other, please do it via pm.....let the rest of us talk about the team/game.

Peace

MM

Kuyt on for Crouch :(

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

come in. troll with the half guise that you are actually interested in whats going on in the thread. throw a hissy fit when you get the piss ripped outta ya. declare the other person an idiot. say arguement is over. then leave.

great technique.

lovin' the vuh seven purr too. now THATS edgey cool

• Advertisement

:)Defensive move - Kuyt on

Steve Finnan what were you thinking?

Kuyt on for Crouch :(Mike.

I can't decide which of those two infuriates me more........?:confused:

I can't decide which of those two infuriates me more........?:confused:

Surely Kuyt. Crouch in fairness is never on long enough to anger.

2 mins left Peno for Liverpool, Gerrard to convert and scored 3-0

Mike.

Pen - who'll take it - 3-0 would be nice

Just as well we got the Peno. Pennant wouldve missed

This is what comfort feels like. Crouch, Torres and Gerrard scoring. Sounds promising

Kuyt is truely awful. Yossi plays him a ball in space and he waits to be dispossessed.
    Then minutes later in the box he runs into 3 defenders instead of passing.
    No wonder he's been dropped from the Dutch team

• Advertisement

Surely Kuyt. Crouch in fairness is never on long enough to anger.

Our football smacks of "championship" style when Crouch is on. Route one and f**k all else.

Suppose it's goals that count tho..........:rolleyes:

i havent left, just finished arguing with you, if you have something else you wanna say you can pm me, ill be more candid there if you like, this thread isnt the place for personal arguements which you want to have

i think one thing should be certain from today

whatever his limitations

Crouch>>>>>>Kuyt

the table (our part of it)

Everton
    25----17-- 44
    Liverpool
    24----23--43
    Aston Villa----24---12---41
    Man City
    4--41
    Blackburn
    25----1---39
    Portsmouth---25----9---38
    West Ham----24----7---36

Mike.

the table (our part of it)

Everton
    25----17-- 44
    Liverpool
    24----23--43
    Aston Villa----24---12---41
    Man City
    4--41
    Blackburn
    25----1---39
    Portsmouth---25----9---38
    West Ham----24----7---36

Mike.

If we end the season below Everton, Rafa will have to go. The fans won't put up with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Couple of things that baffled me today.

Lucas on the left wing - Benayoun & Babel on the bench.

Bringing Kuyt on for the last 10 minutes instead of Babel.

One is a 26 year old who has been our worst player this season.

The other is a 21 year old who is full of potential and has been great coming off the bench so far this season.

Tusky wrote: »
    Couple of things that baffled me today.

Lucas on the left wing - Benayoun & Babel on the bench.

Bringing Kuyt on for the last 10 minutes instead of Babel.

One is a 26 year old who has been our worst player this season.

The other is a 21 year old who is full of potential and has been great coming off the bench so far this season.

I agree. But the manager is Rafa Benitez, and he's the one who makes the decisions.......as baffling as some of em are.

• Advertisement

i would have brought kuyt on as it looked like we had another in us, so if he had got it it might have restored his confidence.

i would have brought kuyt on as it looked like we had another in us, so if he had got it it might have restored his confidence.

How can a player keep his confidence up if he doesn't know whether or not he'll be in the team next time......???

This is one thing that I think Rafa is doing wrong: changing too many players at the same time......

How can a player keep his confidence up if he doesn't know whether or not he'll be in the team next time......???

This is one thing that I think Rafa is doing wrong: changing too many players at the same time......

Wow. Thats an original post.

Tusky wrote: »
    Wow. Thats an original post.

Why, thank you.

:rolleyes:

:eek: you're joking right?

• Advertisement

:eek: you're joking right?

:eek:...............no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Rafa on Carra
    "I knew that as a defender he is a good defender but maybe I didn't know he was so good as a winger!"

There you have it - right wing problem solved. :p Maybe we could try Sami on the left :D :rolleyes:

zing wrote: »
    Rafa on Carra

There you have it - right wing problem solved. :p Maybe we could try Sami on the left :D :rolleyes:

If Rafa was being serious about that, then the guy has lost all reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well he did start off playing on the wing as a kid. You never lose it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Not the sharpest tool are we?

Davei141 wrote: »
    Not the sharpest tool are we?

meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm not even gonna call that a decent result. It's what should be expected of the team week in week out.
    Hopefully this is going to lead to a good run of wins (though with Chelski next week, it's not too likely)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just wathing motd . That was a great bit of wing play from Carra and a super cross. Who'da thunk it. :eek:

I'm not having th epeno shout for handball, he was sliding. It's not like John Terry's ones where he comes out like a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Well, Liverpool beat Sunderland, but it was a very poor first half display by us. The goal helped get us moving, but without it, perish the thought! It was a good headed goal by Crouch, and a very good cross by Carra. Pennant before that was trying hard but just not producing although he did get past players reasonably well I thought, and was the only threat out wide.

I think many fans though have a right to be miffed and somewhat mystified by some of Rafa's decisions (as some of your have mentioned here). Why play Carra on the right just to accomodate Skrtel, and if you are gonna put Skrtel on then why not leave Finnan do his job at right-back? As the game progressed, Finnan came on and had to play in his less effective position at left-back, with Lucas also being played on the left although he is normally a central midfielder, and then being replaced by Benayoun who is also better on the right side! Meanwhile, Babel was left on the bench and he has proven to be able to operate effectively on the left even though he is right footed. This was another example of Rafa putting square pegs into round holes. At least Torres was playing in his best position with Crouch as a target, and Torres got a typical goal for him running at the defence at pace from 25 yards. A good goal although his finish could have been a bit better perhaps.

I think Rafa and his selections has driven us all to frustration at times. In games like this with poor opposition it doesnt matter as we still win despite the selections, but in some games we fail because of it. I dont mind rotating players, as long as each time all players know the system they are in and they are also good in the positions and the role they are asked to play. I just think that too often Liverpool have players which are not good enough for the role asked from them. We see it a lot from Rafa where he picks left-backs in left-midfield and right-backs in right-midfield, etc, and it manifests itself elsewhere with the central midfield options, etc. Even the choice of going 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. I guess he wont change now and all we can do is expect change. It isnt helping though.

In terms of the 'Share Liverpool FC' initiative (www.shareliverpoolfc.com), was a new thread started or do people want to put their comments in this thread? Whether it comes off or not we'll just have to wait and see. There is a long way to go to get it off the ground and Barcelona as a model will be hard to follow.

redspider

ps: Speaking of Barcelona, I spotted this Irish guy who I didnt know about:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_O%27Connell_%281887-1959%29
    (no connection with Liverpool)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement