Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

3 Mins added time. Looks like we're heading to Oakwell for a bloody replay.
    EDIT: WE ARE OUT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

unbelievable im goin back to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

At least now we can concentrate on whatever it is we might still have a chance of winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

OMG!!!!!:eek: .....stone wall peno, but they weren't to be denied!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats it. Rafa out

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

*censored*

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oh for ****s sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

oh dear god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol. Good job rafa. Another blinder of a season for us.

Xavi6 - Sorry and you may want to stay clear of this thread for a while :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Nuts :(

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats it. Rafa out

Mike.
    If we don't get a much improved performance against Inter I'll have to agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol. that really is hilarious. my commiserations to all the liverpool fans but that's just a laughable result.

Stumbled out of the Fa Cup
    Stumbled out of the Carling cup
    Stumbled through the group stages in Champions League
    Struggling for 4th in league

Really has been an awful season. If Rafa is here next year he is going to have to have a great season or else it will be his last for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I cant help but laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 - Sorry and you may want to stay clear of this thread for a while :)

Mike.

It's cool mate, I understand your frustrations. Honestly can't believe 'pool lost it. Too much mediocrity through the team today. All credit to Barnsley though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Blatant penalty denied for Barnsley Justice has been done with that winning goal for Barnsley straight after

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i hate crouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cant wait to hear Rafa explain this one :rolleyes:

shotamoose wrote: »
    At least now we can concentrate on whatever it is we might still have a chance of winning.
    Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

the reason i stopped betting on liverpool a long time ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Pure comedy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I don't no what to say....

Tusky wrote: »
    Stumbled out of the Fa Cup
    Stumbled out of the Carling cup
    Stumbled through the group stages in Champions League
    Struggling for 4th in league

Really has been an awful season. If Rafa is here next year he is going to have to have a great season or else it will be his last for sure.

there will be a new manager next season

mayordenis wrote: »
    i hate crouch.

I hate everybody right now, especially that Barnsley keeper.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Blatant penalty denied for Barnsley Justice has been done with that winning goal for Barnsley straight after
    True. To be honest our performances unfer Rafa for much of the season have been farcical. Something has to give here... apart from my hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

shotamoose wrote: »
    I hate everybody right now, especially that Barnsley keeper.

Luke Steele!!!
    Legend!
    Ex-United!!

You still have hair? :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Wow, Liverpool out of the FA Cup, and it was the easiest competition that Liverpool were still in. A disaster.

Clearly, Rafa had a big eye on the Inter match in a couple of days time, as its on Tuesday, but still and all, the expected Liverpool standard is to win these types of matches in their sleep and at a canter. Barnsley's new goalie was on fire for the match. Liverpool had the better of the chances, but didnt put them away. Gerrard was brought on as 'the cavalry' and he nearly created a couple of goals. Barnsley were clearly on the back foot for most of it, but they got the goal in the end and Hyypia's problems were exposed for all to see.

This defeat sums up Liverpool's situation at the moment .....

The ignominity of it all ....

Redspider

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote: »
    Hmmm...

Yeah that was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Romance of the cup ftw.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Fiar play to Barnsley, it's weird when you find yourself rooting for nobody teams at the end of a game after putting in a good show against liverpool but I've done it a few times this season

I can't watch Liverpool anymore so I'm giving up supporting Football altogether and sticking to the rugby for a while. Someone drop me a pm when Rafa is gone. :(

like right now i want benitez to leave, but we're stuck between a rock and a hard place, i also want the current owners to leave, and if rafa does leave will torres, alonso, masch, reina, arbeloa, babel stay???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

This result has been coming a long while. We have been abysmal in the cup among another things this year and I for one am now sick of the poor results. I'm sorry to say it but Rafa has to carry the can for this. In a results driven business ( yes I say business because BS aside thats what it is now ) the manager would be fully accountable. If this happened in any other line of business someone would have been fired by now.

I'm seething with rage at all the ****e I will has to put up with again at work. The Inter match if it wasn't already has become critcial for Rafa and his employemnt prospects. Yes he has delivered a few trophies but I'm taking the Red Spectacles off and he is the man to blame.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

and if rafa does leave will torres, alonso, masch, reina, arbeloa, babel stay???

i'd say a few of them may follow him

:(

• Advertisement

ah well, the eircom leauge starts in few weeks, lets really, really get behind our local club

will watch the CL first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dub13 wrote:
    I don't no what to say....

+1

just at a loss for words...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

irish-stew wrote: »
    ah well, the eircom leauge starts in few weeks, lets really, really get behind our local club

No thanks

Any potential exodus is dependent on who replaces Rafa. He was hanging by two threads at best, one just snapped. By the end Liverpool were essentially a random rabble unable to cope with enthusiastic journeymen who had a few decent chances and put two away. Kuyt scored but otherwsie still looked like what he is - Morientes 2007/08 model.

The RAWK servers may collapse later when the crowd gets home.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Any potential exodus is dependent on who replaces Rafa. He was hanging by two threads at best, one just snapped. By the end Liverpool were essentially a random rabble unable to cope with enthusiastic journeymen who had a few decent chances and put two away. Kuyt scored but otherwsie still looked like what he is - Morientes 2007/08 model.

Mike.

mike - most apt post i've seen on this thread for a while.

• Advertisement

like right now i want benitez to leave, but we're stuck between a rock and a hard place, i also want the current owners to leave, and if rafa does leave will torres, alonso, masch, reina, arbeloa, babel stay???

Of course they would. Liverpool is bigger than Rafa. I dont want him to go but he needs to turn things around big time because opinions of him among supporters is beginning to sway and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

I actually cant recall a time where Liverpool's future looked so bleak. It's just almost beyond comprehension how poorly we are playing ATM.

I don't like to jump on the managers back at times like this but Rafa has had time to recruit (and in fairness some might say, his second / third choice) players but the thing that worries me most is that the shape he is trying to go for just doesn't seem to be up to the job of putting most British teams to the sword.

Granted it has been quite successful in Europe but really is not good enough domestically. In actual fact, rather than being a team capable of imposing itself onto most opponents, it actually seems to allow so called 'lesser' teams to play to their strengths and is directly responsible for the mass of draws that put paid to our challenge this season.

I am loath to back the ousting of Rafa as he is undoubtedly one of the best coaches around, but for the EPL I think he may well have just run out of ideas? If our possible replacements only extended to a 'Klinsman' type, then I would let him have another season to see if some of his young players can be at least close to coming through, but was a Martin O'Neill or Ramos type manager available I would volunteer to drive Rafa to the airport.

Hopefully the Americans are rapidly losing interest in this flailing 'franchise' and will offload to DIC in the near future and we can once again begin the massive rebuilding required to be considered EPL challengers.

As Mike said, depends who replaces him. Even if Rafa stays, if results and particularly performances continue as they are at the moment I'm not sure they are any more likely to stay. Can't be very enjoyable playing in such a poorly performing team and having to put up with constant (but deserved) criticism.
    Maybe the players would be happy to have a change of coach, new ideas, clean slate and all that.

well actually to contradict myself i'm sure many of those players i mentioned would be happy if they were starting every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Next Manager

Mourinho?

yayamark wrote: »
    Next Manager

Mourinho?

hope so

i'm absolutly hopping, out of the leauge cup, not looking likely to get a forth place finish, now out of the FA cup, and inter in the week, we need a conveincing result and make some thing of the remaining tatters that our season is in

current owners - out
    rafa - the jurys still out, my admoraton has sliped another bit today
    the squad - stand up and be counted

Liverpool had 31 attempts at goal (Chelsea 18)
    Barnsley had 11 (Huddersfield 6)

It is a very poor result, but lets hope something good will come out of it and that Rafa will learn at least that Kuyt is not good enough. I understand that Lucas was very poor today, and thats dissapointing given that he had an opportunity to shine.

In terms of the Inter match, Mascherano will be back, as will Torres, and Gerrard will play for more than 15 mins. Skrtel might also be included. We all expect a lot more on Tuesday - lets hope we get it and that this defeat will be a blssing in disguise. All the players will be hurting inside ....

"When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high ....."

Redspider

how is kuyt the villain here, crouch seems to be touted as someone who must start yet everytime he gets the full 90 mins he does less than nothing, he's actually a hinderance. kuyt worked his bollox off, scored a goal, made chances, kept trying now what did crouch do?

Brando_ie wrote: »
    I don't like to jump on the managers back at times like this but Rafa has had time to recruit (and in fairness some might say, his second / third choice) players but the thing that worries me most is that the shape he is trying to go for just doesn't seem to be up to the job of putting most British teams to the sword.

Granted it has been quite successful in Europe but really is not good enough domestically. In actual fact, rather than being a team capable of imposing itself onto most opponents, it actually seems to allow so called 'lesser' teams to play to their strengths and is directly responsible for the mass of draws that put paid to our challenge this season.

I am loath to back the ousting of Rafa as he is undoubtedly one of the best coaches around, but for the EPL I think he may well have just run out of ideas.

Hopefully the Americans are rapidly losing interest in this flailing 'franchise' and will offload to DIC in the near future and we can once again begin the massive rebuilding required to be considered EPL challengers.

I agree with these points ....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement