Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

All the frees against Crouch are because he rests his gangly arms on defenders shoulders. You'd think he'd just learn to stop doing that, much like he'd learn how to head a ba... oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jazzy wrote:
    Pos Pld Gd Pts
    1. - Liverpool 4 9 10
    8. - Man Utd. 5 1 8

that gap. man utd fans love reminding pool heads about how there was always too much of a gap to overcome, when the shoe is on the other foot tho.... ^^

didnt see the arbeloa stamp untill now :/ hate to see that sort of thing. so far so good is all any if us can really say. Although I do think Jose has a very good point about how pretty much every team in the league are going to be far tougher then last season. Derby are by far the worst side, but nearly every other team has the potential to beat us imo (taking into account things like luck, poor performances, injury etc.)

LOL are you really telling me that the 2 point gap you have is significant right now!!!! LOL theres a slight difference between being 20 points adrift at the end of the season and being 2 points adrift after 4 or 5 games my friend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

kryogen wrote:
    LOL are you really telling me that the 2 point gap you have is significant right now!!!! LOL theres a slight difference between being 20 points adrift at the end of the season and being 2 points adrift after 4 or 5 games my friend..

Will you piss off already? Jesus christ like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

kryogen wrote:

Please stop posting here. You are just trying to instigate petty arguements and have nothing intelligent or interesting to bring to the thread. We are not interested. (NB: I have no problem with fans of rival clubs posting here if they are having an intelligent debate)

Gerrard was voted 6th best player in the world by 442 magazine. Torres was number 30 something, Mascherano was around number 70 or so and Carragher was number 98.

i was responding to a post directed at me, is this not allowed in a forum?

on a sadder note for liverpool fans it looks like steve mclaren is going to definatly give steven gerrard injections to play saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

kryogen wrote:
    on a sadder note for liverpool fans it looks like steve mclaren is going to definatly give steven gerrard injections to play saturday.

doubt he'll do it himself somehow ;):D

do all the united fans come in here because nothing happens in their thread? too busy making prawn sambos!!

Cyrus wrote:
    doubt he'll do it himself somehow ;):D

do all the united fans come in here because nothing happens in their thread? too busy making prawn sambos!!

LOL:D :D i cant speak for all united fans, i post in all the threads though cause i have a general intrest in football!!! the only guys who get their noses out of joint are the liverpool fans though haha, i dunno, maybe i come across bad in here, what can i do?? first impressions last! :D

i know gerrard is important for england, but surely he isnt needed, as in, you cant need him so much that you would have to give him injections to play against israel, you would imagine that a midfield of

wright philips
    hargreaves
    carrick
    cole

would do?? yes you always want your best players to play but england do have alot of midfielders and they shouldnt have to risk injuring a player further against a team that they should be beating if they have aspirations of ever winnin a major trophy again!

(as a united fan i probably hope he plays and gets injured but thats neither here nor there) :p

i just think its a big risk when theres no need really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

kryogen wrote:

oh my god, u have really bagpiped those facts into news for me. i didnt know that but bang - uve hit me with an information injection right into the yarbles. i never thought or even considered the possibility of these ultra facts.. u sir have enlightened me to a higher level of news and thus, i am now able to make valid opinions and hit all these feckless dregs with the info that matters. you are a credit to your people kind sir, I salute you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

kryogen wrote:
    I'd assume the Liverpool medical staff have been consulted on it. Either way, Liverpool have a much stronger midfield than England so their need is greater :D as long as he doesn't pick up a serious injury.

Jazzy wrote:
    oh my god, u have really bagpiped those facts into news for me. i didnt know that but bang - uve hit me with an information injection right into the yarbles. i never thought or even considered the possibility of these ultra facts.. u sir have enlightened me to a higher level of news and thus, i am now able to make valid opinions and hit all these feckless dregs with the info that matters. you are a credit to your people kind sir, I salute you

please tell me some liverpool fans are capable of humour?? please? its getting very worrying how easily you guys react angrily to stuff, you can tell me to mind the gap, i laugh and make fun of the 20 point to 2 point difference and you go off the handle again? chill man :)

oh and in case nobody has told you this before, sarcasm is the lowest form of whit! ;)

Daemonic wrote:
    I'd assume the Liverpool medical staff have been consulted on it. Either way, Liverpool have a much stronger midfield than England so their need is greater :D as long as he doesn't pick up a serious injury.

yeah i have read reports this morning about rafa pleading with mclaren not to give him injections and that mclaren is going to ignore him and do it anyway cuz he kinda needs results in these two games! and it looks like he will have lampard back by wednesday so maybe he thinks its worth the gamble as he will have lampard there to step in if he cant play wednesday

gotta love those man utd trolls

hmmmm....i believe i am engaging in conversation about liverpool with people who are willing, check out the last few posts on the stevie g playing for england stuff??? really,its there!

anyway,like i have said, sarcasm
    whit
    poor.......

if you want a slagging match i can probably manage that too but its not what i am here for, i will talk or debate, if you dont want to engage with me then dont!! nobody is forcing you to reply to my comments.

do you have an opinion on gerrard getting injections to play for england? or would you prefer to keep calling me a troll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

The McClaren chap needs his head examined. It's not good news for Liverpool that Gerrard is potentially gonna pumped full of painkillers. I don't think he's even influentially important like he is when he's in a red shirt to be worth pumping him full of crap! I can understand against Chelsea why it was done as he usually influences in bigger games.

If you take a look at the offical LFC forums, even LFC/English fans don't even want him playing. I still don't think he'll play, mind you. I wish Liverpool could have a better influence over Gerrard, like what they have over Finnan this week. As a reds fan, I'm dreading the next 10 days. All we want in return, is clean bill of health

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be fair its on the news wires.

Mike.

thats exactly the point i was making, he doesnt really influence england the way he does liverpool, and i think against israel they should have enough without him to beat them. it doesnt make alot of sense to me to pump him full of painkillers and risk further injury when they should be able to cope without him.

Unfortunatly England are managed by an idiot - Pennant not in sqaud for petes sake.

Mike.

Surely LFC have some say over whether the player whose wages they play will risk serious injury or not? Bein a United fan I wouldnt be complainin about no Gerrard for a few weeks but this is almost as stupid as the Makelele being forced to play for France situation. If his toe is injured he shouldnt play, simple as. I do realise that the clubs have abused this by claiming players were injured and then playing them the following week (United did it with Scholes) but imo Gerrard should be playing an international unless he's fit to.

mike65 wrote:
    Unfortunatly England are managed by an idiot - Pennant not in sqaud for petes sake.

Mike.
    He's been playing well but its hardly a glaring omission dont u think? Carragher was THE glaring omission for a long time.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote:
    defensive jargon

right, if you werent a troll you would not be saying stuff like "i laugh and make fun of the 20 point to 2 point difference and you go off the handle again? chill man". you see, there was no need to mention the 20 point gap again was there? but u seemed to... whys that? again u were making it clear that there is a defeciency, needlessly again, other then to literate ur point that man utd > pool. of course every other point uve made has been on a similar vain... but u cant be seen to be doing this so u have to add in another point/post after to make it seem like u are here for the "topic and discussion".
    the reality is u are more here to try and make as many sly points and digs at pool and pool fans as possible while getting away with not seeming like a troll. but the truth is, u are basically trolling.. u just want to get away with it. of course u will deny this and u will reiterate that you are here for the talk and banter, but no matter as that is just a big lie. its an easy enough technique...

i think xabi alonso is great? who else does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I would certainly pick SWP ahead of Pennant but he should be in the squad. He has argueably been Liverpools best player for quite a while now.

my comment about the 20 point and 2 point gap was in response to your post about the gap, you brought it up, and my comment was light hearted, im kind of sick of defending myself for innocent comments, you can take them whatever way you want to be honest,maybe the fact that you feel the need to get defensive and attack me over my posts says more about you then me do you think?? i wont lose sleep over it!

did i actually use the term "defensive jargon"? god i must have been drunk, anyway yes of course im going to deny that i am trolling and its very easy to pre empt that by saying that i will deny it, its hardly ground breaking insight is it?? anyway, like i said im bored of defending myself so i wont be justifying or clarifying much anymore, take it however you want man....

is calling me a liar a personal attack? if so maybe you should read the charter again? i dont insult anybody on this forum and i dont expect to be insulted myself, call me a trol if you want, i expect that,i dont get it from anybody except a couple of liverpool fans tbh but i do expect it! id rather not be called a liar though...i give my opinion,and i wouldnt be bothered lying on an internet forum for gods sake!!!! whats the point!

right this will be my last post on this subject.

back to football issues?????

pennant is not really a glaring omission,but he is playing well enough at the moment to warrant a call up i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

kryogen wrote:

oh and in case nobody has told you this before, sarcasm is the lowest form of whit! ;)

afaik whit is a religious holiday close to Easter. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

sweetie wrote:
    Superb riposte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I sometimes wonder if Pennants omission is a PR thing - not wanting a player with a criminal record to represent their country. Maybe others have in the past and I'm way off the mark..

sweetie wrote:

:D:D very good sir! touche!:D :D

zing wrote:
    I sometimes wonder if Pennants omission is a PR thing - not wanting a player with a criminal record to represent their country. Maybe others have in the past and I'm way off the mark..

i guess anything is possible but i dont think his performances have really warranted a call up until recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

zing wrote:

Im trying to remember, did Barton get in any legal trouble over the stubbing his cigar out on a trainee's eye thing, or the hotel incident when he hit a kid and dunne ended up breaking a toe? Either way i suppose he didnt get jail time out of it and have to play with a homing beacon strapped to his leg..

I would have thought Pennant deserved a call up more then Bently, but i guess if his form continues he'll definately get it. If anything it might be a bonus he didnt get one as a) no injury risk, and b) he'll be hungry for the games till the next international break to prove they made a mistake. His attitude definately seems better at pool anyway, even if he can have a bit of a temper on the pitch the odd time still.

EDIT> Kryogen, its kind of frowned upon on boards to have posts 1 after another in a row with no gap, just noticed you have loads of them. If you spot something extra you can just edit your previous post rather then post again right under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

zing wrote:

wasnt Adams made England captain after a spell in prison? Could be wrong in the timeline, but he definately played for England after a sentence.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Im trying to remember, did Barton get in any legal trouble over the stubbing his cigar out on a trainee's eye thing, or the hotel incident when he hit a kid and dunne ended up breaking a toe? Either way i suppose he didnt get jail time out of it and have to play with a homing beacon strapped to his leg..

I would have thought Pennant deserved a call up more then Bently, but i guess if his form continues he'll definately get it. If anything it might be a bonus he didnt get one as a) no injury risk, and b) he'll be hungry for the games till the next international break to prove they made a mistake. His attitude definately seems better at pool anyway, even if he can have a bit of a temper on the pitch the odd time still.

EDIT> Kryogen, its kind of frowned upon on boards to have posts 1 after another in a row with no gap, just noticed you have loads of them. If you spot something extra you can just edit your previous post rather then post again right under.

will do! sorry didnt even realise i was doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

kryogen wrote:

its actually two with a game in hand and a far superior goal diffence, no one here is sayin that the league is in the bag, simply the fact that utd or chelsea wont walk the leaue this year

AdrianII wrote:
    its actually two with a game in hand and a far superior goal diffence, no one here is sayin that the league is in the bag, simply the fact that utd or chelsea wont walk the leaue this year

i hope your right as a football fan! i would love to see a competitive race for the title this season, i can see arsenal being there at the end of the season this time around aswell. if it was just a 2 horse race every year it would be very boring, i would love a 4 way struggle this year! and of course for my team to come out on top;) the game in hand is irrelevant really, unless the points are on the board you shouldnt count them..... its an opportunity to take advantage of definatly but only if taken!

yea definately a four horse race alright..... Liverpool and Chelsea for the League, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs for the remaining two CL spots! ;)

only joking, couldnt resist.

Mc Claren is a is mad to give Gerrard injections.

But to be honest, if something does happen to Gerrard when playing, its his own fault. He should tell Mc Claren to get the fcuk away from him with watever needles he is using! Risking an injury would could jepordise out good start to the season.

As someone said they have Lampard (if back), Carrick and Hargreaves . . . . sure the last two are worth 40 million pound dont ya know!?!??!

He's been playing well but its hardly a glaring omission dont u think? Carragher was THE glaring omission for a long time.

Pennant is worth a place esp as he can do the job on the left as well, as for Carra -very true but that book is now closed.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

yea definately a four horse race alright..... Liverpool and Chelsea for the League, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs for the remaining two CL spots! ;)

Fair enough, but you do realise you named 5 teams for a 4 horse race?

The only thing that suprises me about thispost is that u didnt post it in the United thread!!! :D

Definitely gonna be a fun title race this year. Arsenal look good, watched them at the weekend and was impressed. Chelski are Chelski, theyre gonna be close. United with Rooney, Saha and Ronaldo back should have more cutting edge up front and Liverpool have bought well and started great so looks good so far.

p.s - I think its gas ppl lookin at the table after 4-5 games!! In one week u can jump/fall 8 places with a win or loss!! I dont really look at it till October.

Archimedes wrote:
    Fair enough, but you do realise you named 5 teams for a 4 horse race?

Go and ask me bollox :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

McClaren will play Stevie, because he's absolutely terrified of losing this weekend. Instead of trusting his tactical nous to overcome the mighty Israel, he'd rather just throw as many big names as he can at the problem. Then he merely has to sit back and trust that the newspapers will make a scapegoat out of one of them, rather than him, should they lose.

Unfortunately the big names are dropping out like flies, so he's only got Stevie to rely on.

• Advertisement

aye agree about the league table alright, and i think united will improve and we will be fighting for the title, i think if arsenal and liverpool find consistency they will be there or thereabouts aswell and yes chelski are chelski! so we know they gonna be contenders....

hargreaves has done well for england since he has been played in his natural position,i think carrick should be ok for israel in fairness, they were talking him up alot up until the start of this season....i have never been a huge fan of his but i think hargreaves will help him alot.

winning when you are playing badly wins championships. thats why im not particularly down in the dumps about uniteds lack of goals so far, the performances in the first two games were great,but bad results, then its a completely new attacking line for the last two! they need time to get to know each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Go and ask me bollox :cool:

i'm sure a banning is due!
    personal abuse in a soccer thread = by by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Does that count as personal abuse? :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I like this interesting article from last year which details the points the eventual champs had after 10 games in the previous 10 seasons.

If we have 23/24 points after our first 10, ill be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

p.pete wrote:
    Does that count as personal abuse? :s
    Course it wasnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Tusky wrote:
    I would certainly pick SWP ahead of Pennant but he should be in the squad. He has argueably been Liverpools best player for quite a while now.
    Really Tusky?

If Chelsea offered SWP in a straight swap for Pennant, you'd want Liverpool to accept?

No bloody way would I. I think Pennant is the more complete package. They say SWP is in the form of his life - yet Pennant is playing better. IMO anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Damn Gerrard might get the painkilling injection, bad news for Liverpool.

Kanney wrote:
    Damn Gerrard might get the painkilling injection, bad news for Liverpool.

yup,read back the last couple o pages or so, it was discussed earlier today, bit of a bad gamble in terms of risk versus reward imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont know why they didnt just pull him from the squad, especially after missing the Derby game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

woodyg wrote:
    i'm sure a banning is due!
    personal abuse in a soccer thread = by by
    How exactly is that personal abuse Einstein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I do not see it as abuse.

Anyway, am so gutted that Gerrard, who was not fit enough to play for liverpool will now be made fit to play for Engerland. In fairness though, I would say that he is pushing to play as much as McClaren is pushing him to. Particularly as he was dying to play in the Derby game...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement