Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That was a terrible shot by Carra, why does the ball seem to fall to him so often when he goes up. He should really stay away from the box. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Should try get materazzi sent off this game. He is bound to lunge into a player in the next 75 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Nice start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good start. High tempo and energetic. COME ON!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know why alonso's face is messed up? could it be the reason he didnt start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Call_me_al wrote: »
    anyone know why alonso's face is messed up? could it be the reason he didnt start?

He had a clash of heads with lucas in our last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Haha BYE BYE Materazzi

Edit: Never a second yellow in a million years though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Materazzi OFF:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Who mentioned Matarazzi getting sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Davei141 wrote: »
    Should try get materazzi sent off this game. He is bound to lunge into a player in the next 75 mins.

SWEEEETTTTTTT

EDIT: And Benitez with the two finger waggle to draw a smile out of me!!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Oh beautiful. That Fecker sent off. And to be honest he didn't actually deserve it (on this occasion). Now if only we can sort out our final ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Most harmless 2 yellow cards I have ever seen, torres went down like a twat.

YEAH!! HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

HAHAHAHAHA

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Thought both yellows were harsh though

Will probably make it tougher to break them down now as they will sit back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

We really need to score and hammer home our advantage. We've looked comfortable if not dangerous. If Inter just sit back they'll be hard to break down and that's not exactly what we've been good at lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Villain wrote: »
    Most harmless 2 yellow cards I have ever seen, torres went down like a twat.

Agree...

Couldnt happen to a nicer fella, hopefully Pool/Torres cant take advantage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Davei141 wrote: »
    Haha BYE BYE Materazzi

Edit: Never a second yellow in a million years though

the first one was questionable as well, but hey, i'm not complaining

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I expect to see Liverpool to crumble now they have the advantage. 0-0 written all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

All the Pool have to do is actually create something now..Desperate decisions led to both those yellow cards , although it makes it an even game now seeing as Kuyt is playing.

:p

Who the hell was that pass to from Babel?

• Advertisement

Mascherano is having a good game. We really need to secure his services as this game is an example of just how comfortable he would be playing against Italian teams and should not go unnoticed.

Pity Babel cant come on for Babel..... he always seems to start games very nervy and we need a big time performance from our wide men to be able to break (Pause while Babel tries to prove me wrong....... Row K...) down this Inter team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Kuyt is absolutely hopeless. Why doesn't Rafa bring on Crouch?

We're set up to win this now. Bring on Crouch for Kuyt; Yossi for Lucas; and throw the ****ing kitchen sink at it. COME ON!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Great first half performance, never looked troubled at all. Crouch should be on for Kuyt and Pennant on for Babel just to lump balls into Crouch against Cordoba, theres 1ft in the height difference IIRC. Have Gerrard, Torres etc feeding off his knockdowns. And crouchy will score into the Kop, has a great habit of it.

Very harsh sending off, nothing more than he deserves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Babel is crap. Official! Sure no left winger. Crouch must come on and I'd trade Babel for Yossi

Mike.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Gerrard bar his run there before half time has been well below par. Kuyt hasn't been much better.

Saying that Milan dont look like scoring at all. Its Liverpools if they want it but so far besides Babels wild runs and Gerrards aimless crosses its only your back four and Mascherano that seem to want it bad enough.

And the sending off was well harsh. Neither was a yellow IMO. Ref has been very inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Brando_ie wrote: »
    Mascherano is having a good game. We really need to secure his services as this game is an example of just how comfortable he would be playing against Italian teams and should not go unnoticed.

Masch has been our best player recently, not hard considering how badly the rest of them have played

I was at the Liverpool Sunderland game and he was immense, ran the show while Gerrard was anonymous

He's been very lively and set up a few early chances.

Mascherano is showing tonight why he is worth the money being talked about for his services. He has been huge for us again tonight. Definitely in the top 3 holding midfielders in the world.

• Advertisement

He's played well so far. The only reason id take him off is to bring Crouch on and let him win everything in the air against Cordoba. Then Vieira to come on and nullify Crouch in the air and on the ground.

Melion wrote: »
    Great first half performance, never looked troubled at all. Crouch should be on for Kuyt and Pennant on for Babel just to lump balls into Crouch against Cordoba, theres 1ft in the height difference IIRC. Have Gerrard, Torres etc feeding off his knockdowns. And crouchy will score into the Kop, has a great habit of it.

Very harsh sending off, nothing more than he deserves though.

Great performance!? Oh man come on, be realistic here. If I was a pool fan Id be disappointed that for all the territorial advantage the goalkeeper just hasnt been worked. Inter look comfortable without havin the ball. With the players Pool have on the pitch combined with that amount of possession they SHOULD be crucifying that goalkeeper but they arent.

Agree about the sending off, Torres has been a bit Coors Light so far but good riddance, couldnt have happened to a nicer chap.

Great performance!? Oh man come on, from both teams combined there have been zero shots on target. Be realistic here. If I was a pool fan Id be disappointed that for all the territorial advantage the goalkeeper just hasnt been worked. Inter look comfortable without havin the ball. With the players Pool have on the pitch combined with that amount of possession they SHOULD be crucifying that goalkeeper but they arent.

Agree about the sending off, Torres has been a bit Coors Light so far but good riddance, couldnt have happened to a nicer chap.

We havent had a shot on target?? I disagree.

We'll win this by 2 goals, just like i said in the prediction thread.

We havent had a shot on target?? I disagree.

We'll win this by 2 goals, just like i said in the prediction thread.

Well i dont keep a crystal ball by my side so sssssh, ill watch the match and talk to u about Liverpools 2 nil win after.

Kuyt hit the target before half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

mike65 wrote: »
    Babel is crap. Official! Sure no left winger. Crouch must come on and I'd trade Babel for Yossi

Mike.

Funny, I was just thinking Babel's been quite good at making space and getting attacks going. Yes he's not beating his man very much but then his man is pretty good.

In other news, Mascherano is amazing, Lucas has been very good and Gerrard is so erratic it's not funny. Bring on Crouch for Kuyt and we might get somewhere.

• Advertisement

If he did I must have missed that and he clearly caused no trouble to the keeper cos the commentator/crowd would have brought it to my attention. Plus the RTE guys (not the best source i do agree) said at half time zero shots on target.

This is a quote from the PBP on skysports.com which sums up what I am trying to say to you.
    40 - Penetration: All of The Reds' play is in front of Inter, who are absorbing attack after attack. It is easy-peasy for the Italians at present.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

kuyt and hyypia hit the target, so your "stat" is wrong

If he did I must have missed that and he clearly caused no trouble to the keeper cos the commentator/crowd would have brought it to my attention. Plus the RTE guys (not the best source i do agree) said at half time zero shots on target.

Well if RTE said it....

mayordenis wrote: »
    kuyt and hyypia hit the target, so your "stat" is wrong
    Like I just said, I must have been lookin at the comp but I still maintain this is too comfortable for Inter at present.

They showed it and the Hyypia header (both were on target) at HT. It doesnt have to trouble the keep much to be be deemed on target, anything that is within the frame of the goal with enough pace to go over the lineif no one stops it is a shot on target.
    Its a stat not an opinion. There have been no shots on target so far, u cant disagree its a statement of fact. Saying u disagree makes u look a bit silly to be honest.

Is it still a statement f fact if it's wrong? Cos it's wrong.

• Advertisement

Inter are a bunch of dirty w@nkers. I can see them losing someone else and this ending up like their game with Valencia 2 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Stekelly wrote: »
    He's been very lively and set up a few early chances.

Hes given away possesion umpteen times, hes too slow, hes just not up to it at this level imo.

Well if RTE said it....

Did i not just say that!? Well done.

They showed it and the Hyypia header (both were on target) at HT. It doesnt have to trouble the keep much to be be deemed on target, anything that is within the frame of the goal with enough pace to go over the lineif no one stops it is a shot on target.

I am aware of the definition thank you. Like i said, as i typed that they said no shots on target so I put it in the post.

EDIT: Torres effot - thats more like it from Liverpool even if it was created by Inter.

Thats a classic example of the things that come about from Kuyt's workrate.

And then he goes and sets up another great headign oppertunity for Sami (Thats at least one in each of the last 3 games, Crouch wasted the other 2)

Kuyt is great.:)

Great chance for Torres, good save from Cesar.

This is crying out for someone like Luis Garcia, hopefully Yossi can do something if brought on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Jesus, great save to stop Torres.

Is it still a statement f fact if it's wrong? Cos it's wrong.

Retracted. But if u want to pounce all over me to disguise the fact that the first half was horribly comfotable for Inter then fire away.

Christ almighty, thats the 3rd handball that Inter have got away with. That one was absolutely blatant though

STONE STONE COLD penalty denied!!!........ :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement