Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Villain wrote: »
    lol I told you Liverpool would win and I told you Kuyt was a good player.

I love "I told you so" :D

God Liverpool fans are hilarious. Kuyt get's a lucky deflected goal and suddenly he is a great player!!!! Kuyt is one of the worst players ever to pull on a liverpool shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

sublime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

GET IN STEVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess, he's a legend again, GET ****ING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Stevie Gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Now Thats What I'm Talking About!!!!!......... :d

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

And I F*KING LOVE GERRARD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

s_carnage wrote: »
    God Liverpool fans are hilarious. Kuyt get's a lucky deflected goal and suddenly he is a great player!!!! Kuyt is one of the worst players ever to pull on a liverpool shirt.

May you never find love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stevie you legend.

What a hit son, what a hit.

You dont save those.

etc etc.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

they've got a fcukin another 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Gerrard is a class act. What a goal. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Stick It Up Your ****ing Gash To All The ****ing Haters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Think that Gerrard goal is the 1 to put Liverpool through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL Have a look at my username, avator or sig.

I told you all so many times Rafa is the best manager in Europe in the Champions League.

Kuyt does a lot of work off the ball he is a good player imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Stick It Up Your ****ing Gash To All The ****ing Haters!!

Eh you might wanna chill. Its the 2nd round of the Champions League. 1 good game doesn't make up for a terrible season, and the sending off definitely had an impact.

Fúck off houghton, a cross-shot???

Put it just where he wanted it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

since when is villain a pool fan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

we really really needed that, the Milan defence has been excellent til now. It'll make quite a difference to the return leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

TWO!!!

DSB wrote: »
    Eh you might wanna chill. Its the 2nd round of the Champions League. 1 good game doesn't make up for a terrible season, and the sending off definitely had an impact.

Ask my árse

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »

Kuyt does a lot of work off the ball he is a good player imo

Exactly. As I said earlier the one in the first half where he blocked the ball to put Torres through on the keeper is exactly the type of thing his high workrate brings about.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Well done lads, excellent result

It's hard to see Liverpool not going through now.

Never in doubt. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

2-0... GOOD.

Inter Milan got exactley what they deserved.

I still think Kuyt is poo though :p

shotamoose wrote: »
    May you never find love.

May that moose come back to haunt ya!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well done lads, excellent result

It's hard to see Liverpool not going through now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Brando_ie wrote: »

And Benitez with the two finger waggle to draw a smile out of me!!...

tbh i thought it was poor taste

what is it that is said, its not the liverpool way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why does'nt anything go right? ;)

Awful final balls all evening and a 2 goal win thanks to the ref (who had a howler).

Mike.

Well i dont keep a crystal ball by my side so sssssh, ill watch the match and talk to u about Liverpools 2 nil win after.

Want to walk about it?

Good to see 2 decent United fans come in here before all the rest get in giving out about the sending off

Firstly, hard luck to a very impressive Inter side who showed buckets of discipline and determination to lock it up for so long.

However, Benitez made the right subs; the team stuck at it and remained patient, got over a few near misses and got the result. BRILLIANT.

YES!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Great Result for the Pool. Hard luck for Inter who defended well for almost 60 minutes.

Typical that two of your poorest players on the night get the goals. Ye are through. Can't see Inter scoring 3 without reply in the return leg.

• Advertisement

Typical that two of your poorest players on the night get the goals. Ye are through. Can't see Inter scoring 3 without reply in the return leg.

WTF? Kuyt was not anywhere near our poorest player. Best bar maybe Mascherano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Haha "inter milan are and nothing team and sevilla are in another class above liverpool"
    dunphy. Bitter :D

Davei141 wrote: »
    Haha "inter milan are and nothing team and sevilla are in another class above liverpool"

It rotates year on year as the list of top teams grows that Liverpool beat.

The man is hilarious

Did we not beat Chelsea last year at Anfield? My mind is gone blank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Masch is legend, Kuyt is on a run! He can't be dropped. More seriously he might now start to belive he can score now and get going again.

Someone has to teach Gerrard how to take a corner though its just embarrassing at this stage.

Mike.

Dunphy is the tv pundit equivalent of a nasty internet troll. Love him!! :D

Ibrahimovic isnt good enough :D

He was saying how good he was before the game started

Stekelly wrote: »
    WTF? Kuyt was not anywhere near our poorest player. Best bar maybe Mascherano.
    I disagree - for all his effort it was still torres with individual pieces of brilliance that looked like scoring. Pool's final ball into the box tonight was awful.

I love how Kuyt is slated for being a headless chicken, does the same again for 80 minutes, scores and suddenly he is Christ reborn. Torres was wasted tonight with the service he got.

Masch was your best player by far but was really lucky not to be card. Must have given away 6/7 frees for similar offences that Inter had a man sent off for. But he was immense.

Gerrard scored with a cross and will go down as a hero again even tho the cross he put in seconds previous summed up his night perfectly - went to the first defender every time.

Seville are in another class to Liverpool. Think Liverpool will get shown up in the san siro.

thats a joke yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Does eamonn dunphy watch football...Wat an i***t......

Them commentators eat their wods at the end of every match as they most of the time get it wrong.

And sorry but ray haughton was commentating wasn't he. can someone tell him that by now with his ramblings on that we all know the second ball is the most important when it comes to crouch we dont need to be reminded 500 times a match...and thank you john giles for telling us we out of the premiership...god i thought we were right up there :);)

• Advertisement

Seville are in another class to Liverpool. Think Liverpool will get shown up in the san siro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

How do you manage to post here and be on RTE at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That 2nd goal might just get yis through unfortunately....

Nah they are through I reckon. Milan need a 3-0 against a team who's day job in the league is to shut up shop.

i was wondering the same thing,
    who is this cordoba who somehow snuck onto the pitch,
    nobody knows who he is

You said earlier that unless we won by 2 goals we were out. We won by 2, does that mean we should get through?

I disagree - for all his effort it was still torres with individual pieces of brilliance that looked like scoring. Pool's final ball into the box tonight was awful.

I love how Kuyt is slated for being a headless chicken, does the same again for 80 minutes, scores and suddenly he is Christ reborn. Torres was wasted tonight with the service he got.

He wasnt a headless chicken for 80 mins. In the fists 10 minshe se up 2 chances. All through the game he was involved with most moves going through him at some stage. He put in a few very decet crosses (Sami should have scored). He did a decent wing job (which isnt his position). He hassled the inter players in posetion and forced mistakes ( the above mentioned one that put Torres through 1 on 1 with the keeper) and he then scored. What the hell else is he supposed to do to be given a ecent game.

You are wrong on this one.

Are you Ray houghton or do you just pass off his gibberish ramblings as your own?

dobsdave wrote: »
    How do you manage to post here and be on RTE at the same time.

Can ya not see the computer on my lap?!?! Us rte boys are well up on the aul technology nowadays!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

did ya see jose reina's celebration of the goal.That shows how much this game means to the players.They did it for rafa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Gerrard bar his run there before half time has been well below par. Kuyt hasn't been much better.

I think you spoke too soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement