Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    Learn English with Jamie Carragher would not be a best-seller!

Mike.

Speaking a dialect can have its advantages though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Eeeeeeeeeeeee clalm dowen, clalm dowen" etc

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Slight knock for Stevie G is apparently the reason for his early substitution. Hope its not serious.

Edit: Apparently its just cramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

McClaren just confirmed it was cramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

mike65 wrote:
    Learn English with Jamie Carragher would not be a best-seller! Finnans clear southern English accent is much easier on the ear. ;)

Mike.
    In the interviews with Mascherano and Arbeloa recently, they both said they were doing their best to learn English, that Rafa usually insists no Spanish (or other foreign langunage) is spoken during training, and that their English is coming on. But both said when Gerrard and Carragher talk, they havent a notion what their saying with the scouse accents :D .

• Advertisement

I've heard Rafa roar things in Spanish to Arbeloa during games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

But both said when Gerrard and Carragher talk, they havent a notion what their saying with the scouse accents :D .
    I can't imagine what its like for them as their Spanish...

I just got back from Glasgow for 3 days and I hadn't a clue what they were saying over there and I speak the language

Xabi Alonso sent off after 20 minutes for Spain v Iceland - straight red for violent conduct :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Xabi Alonso sent off after 20 minutes for Spain v Iceland - straight red for violent conduct :eek:

They are losing 1:0 aswell....:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

saw the alonso incident, they guy came through on him two footed, they get a bit tangled and as far as you can tell xabi gave him a good stamp on the balls for his troubles. pictures aren't conclusive but looked like a well deserved red.

liverpool tv starts in 11 days according to the website.

• Advertisement

Torres was taken off after 57 minutes. Not sure whether he got a knock or was just playin badly :o

Hopefully the latter! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

LFC tv I can't wait for. Its something I can watch old games and enjoy them, not like Chelsea and Man U tv, obviously a Pool supporter commment but really looking forward to it.
    So Gerrard will hopefully start against Portsmouth, its been 2-0, 4-0, 6-0 in the last three... I think James is getting subbed off my fantasy league :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Don't know if anyone seen http://cgi.ebay.ie/LIVERPOOL-FC-Champions-league-cup-trophy-2005_W0QQitemZ120157372176QQihZ002QQcategoryZ101738QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem before....i find it very amusing,seen as it doesn't actually look like the real thing (maybe Chelsea can buy one :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Gerrard injured!
    "A scan revealed Gerrard, ruptured the medial ligaments in his left knee.

He does not require surgery but will have to wear a leg brace for the next six to eight weeks before beginning rehabilitation."

http://tinyurl.com/38gpk6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

tibor wrote:
    Gerrard injured!

He does not require surgery but will have to wear a leg brace for the next six to eight weeks before beginning rehabilitation."

Well that had me worried for a few seconds :)
    A scan revealed Gerrard ruptured the medial ligaments in his left knee.
    "I pretty much knew straight away, when I heard it click," said Gerrard. "It's disappointing, especially at this point of the tournament."

Har har! Thats like the News Now feed which simply scans the names of the Liverpool team so you end up with stories on American baseball players etc :)

Mike.

tibor wrote:
    Gerrard injured!

har de fuckin har

Liverpools CL Squad

Goalkeepers

Pepe Reina
    Charles Itandje
    David Martin

Defenders

Sami Hyypiä
    Jamie Carragher
    John Arne Riise
    Steve Finnan
    Álvaro Arbeloa
    Daniel Agger
    Fabio Aurelio
    Stephen Darby
    Robert Threlfall
    Jack Hobbs

Midfielders

Yossi Benayoun
    Steven Gerrard
    Harry Kewell
    Jermaine Pennant
    Xabi Alonso
    Mohamed Sissoko
    Javier Mascherano
    Ryan Flynn
    Sebastian Leto
    Lucas Leiva
    Ray Putterill
    Jay Spearing

Forwards

Andriy Voronin
    Dirk Kuyt
    Peter Crouch
    Fernando Torres
    Ryan Babel
    Craig Lindfield

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

glad to see Lindfield included. If we win the group stage before the last game against marseille away himself, Hobbs, Putterill and Spearing could get a start with the other youths maybe coming on.

The on glaring ommission for me is Insua though, amazed he's not been included..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

according to todays papers, gerrard didn't need to have an injection on Saturday.

glad to hear it.

Add it through other channels on your digibox - 11.307 V 27.5 2/3 iirc - channel 53310

Edit: seems to just be showing Wigan away from last season on repeat atm

What was the score in that one? Wigan last season?

0-4 i think?

Bellamy brace?

Oh yeah and Kuyt got one, remember that..

yeah it is showing wigan v pool but the epg is saying it is the villa game from this season, big lfc tv logo in top right. 4-0 at half time. bellamy 2, kuyt and own goal.

next up according to the epg is

'kop 10 premiership players'

should have taken the day off work, liking the sounds of this :)

It's not showing up on my channel list :(

• Advertisement

It's not showing up on my channel list :(

you have to add it using zings info.

go to services>system setup>add channels

type in his settings and 'find channels'

it will find a few, go to 53310 and press yellow button to add it.

select to exit.

now go to services>other channels and it should be there.

(along with BBC3/4, UTV and ITV1, 2 3 etc if you already have them added)

copacetic wrote:
    you have to add it using zings info.

go to services>system setup>add channels

type in his settings and 'find channels'

it will find a few, go to 53310 and press yellow button to add it.

select to exit.

now go to services>other channels and it should be there.

(along with BBC3/4, UTV and ITV1, 2 3 etc if you already have them added)
    Don't think I can do that. I've got the NTL DVR box.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    glad to see Lindfield included. If we win the group stage before the last game against marseille away himself, Hobbs, Putterill and Spearing could get a start with the other youths maybe coming on.

The on glaring ommission for me is Insua though, amazed he's not been included..
    Very odd indeed re Insua.

Presumably the youths are only in there because you have to have a certain number of home grown players included in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Carra back already?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/liverpool/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/09/10/manual_124731.html&TEAMHD=liverpool

Takes more than a broken rib/collapsed lung to keep this man down. Injury obviously wasn't too serious. Probably just as well no knee-jerk cover was brought in so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

That LFC test channel keeps telling me I need to subscribe to Challenge. Booo.

still working ok for me, but the wigan game is still going!
    it's supposed to be 'premiership years' followed by 'the academy' at the moment, according to the epg.

The have brought the bandwidth way down now and the picture is atrocious at the moment, they better not acutally broadcast at this level!

• Advertisement

Don't think I can do that. I've got the NTL DVR box.

sorry, i assumed you had sky if you were going to try and tune in the test channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

From the liverpool echo (Bascombe):
    Meanwhile, Pako Ayesteran is expected to officially end his association with Liverpool today, on what’s undoubtedly a sad day for the club.

Benitez and Ayesteran did talk in recent days to discuss their differences, but it became evident there was no chance of a reconciliation.

Ayesteran will leave with the best wishes of the club for his excellent contribution, but there is also a steely determination by Benitez to move on and focus on the challenges ahead.

Ayesteran’s departure will not trigger a new appointment.

It’s believed Manchester United and Chelsea will now step up their interest in the fitness coach, as both Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho are known to admire his work.

Ayesteran is settled in England and is expected to remain in this country, which will inevitably attract the attentions of top sides.

well the trial channel is still showing the wigan game!

The compression is back up to a reasonable level and the logo is now a normal white see through jobbie rather than the black one they had earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    It’s believed Manchester United and Chelsea will now step up their interest in the fitness coach, as both Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho are known to admire his work.
    Hope he leaves the country, would be hard to see him sitting beside Jose during the season and I would say that he would be a boon to either of those clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its just a blue screen now :(
    I didnt get to see anything

• Advertisement

Melion wrote:

still wigan highlights for me!

Melion wrote:

Do you have a Setanta subscription ? Probably not visible to those without one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

German ace Marvin Pourie scored twice as Liverpool Under-18s recorded their first victory of the season with a 3-0 win at Nottingham Forest.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156932070909-0852.htm

Thats the first i've heard of this guy, dont recall him being bought in or anything, has he always been with us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

1st year at the academy according to the LFC.tv website http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/youth/
    Although the title says 2006/07 squad so maybe his second year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

zing wrote:
    Game played with no problems reported http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156952070911-1437.htm
    Good news he's on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Daemonic wrote:
    1st year at the academy according to the LFC.tv website http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/youth/
    Although the title says 2006/07 squad so maybe his second year.

No we signed him from Dortmund in the summer after he was on trial last year

http://aliverpoolthing.blogspot.com/2007/05/he-should-do-well-marvin-pourie.html
    Daemonic wrote:
    Game played with no problems reported http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...70911-1437.htm
    Good news he's on the way back.

It doesn't mention it in the report, but I think Kewell was pencilled in to play in that match as well...

EDIT I was wrong.. he didn't play. Match report here.. interesting Alonso played at the back...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156952070911-1437.htm

zing wrote:
    Do you have a Setanta subscription ? Probably not visible to those without one..

could be, i have setanta too.

also, wigan game is still on!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Will this channel be available on NTL mmds as this is what I have. I have the Setanta premium package, but there are some channels missing from what you are supposed to get as mmds is a piece of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Stky10 wrote:
    It doesn't mention it in the report, but I think Kewell was pencilled in to play in that match as well...

EDIT I was wrong.. he didn't play. Match report here.. interesting Alonso played at the back...

Yeah the Aussie media were reporting that he was due to play. They haven't mentioned it since he didn't though.

I think Kewell will be leaving us very shortly. I can't see us offering him another deal. He's just not reliable enough. We should sell him in January so we at least make a couple of mil.

Shame really. Great player on his day but injuries meant he never fulfilled his potential.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement