Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »

Reina
    Carra Hyypia Skrtel Aurelio
    Alonso Masch
    Kuyt---Gerrard----Babel
    Torres

I'd say.

Mike.

Yeah thats the one I was talking about. It seems the most likely.

I know he can play there but i dont like Carra being shifted out of position. At theend of the day, Skrtel is still somewhat of an unknown and Sami should have his regular reliable rock beside him. I'm sure Skrtel could play right full, especially if he has more pace than Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Stekelly wrote: »
    He sems to be the only player we have that can beat the frist man with a cross at the minute hough.

Pennant as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Getting No Signal on Setanta!! aaarrrrgggghhhh :mad: All Setanta channels :eek::(:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

shayser wrote: »
    Getting No Signal on Setanta!! aaarrrrgggghhhh :mad: All Setanta channels :eek::(:mad:

Pay your bill you bum....:D

Best goal ever. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

We've been the proverbial G** hair from being 2 down though.

Kuyt the box to box legend? Clearing header on the edge of the 6 yard box then involved in the attack on the edge of the Bolton 6 yard box 10 secs later. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Great swerve on that one ... I love these new balls. :D

Dub13 wrote: »
    Pay your bill you bum....:D
    Bill is paid, including the increase without notice. Won't see the game now. Seriously pissed offf.

shayser wrote: »
    Bill is paid, including the increase without notice. Won't see the game now. Seriously pissed offf.

What platform are you on Sky,NTL...?

• Advertisement

Gerrard putting his corner taking abilities to good use for the free. :rolleyes:

You should check out this thread....

Watch Football Live On Your PC

Dub13 wrote: »
    What platform are you on Sky,NTL...?
    I'm on Sky, but I'll take these woes elsewhere.

(back to trusty old 5Live)

EDIT: Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rumour has it that Rafa has been offered a new deal, anyone hear that anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Call_me_al wrote: »
    rumour has it that Rafa has been offered a new deal, anyone hear that anywhere?

Aye, Rafa's been sayin he's confident of getting a new deal and being at Liverpool for a long long time.

Does Gerrard not lift his head at all. I've noticed it a fair bt lately. Not seeign obvious chances of simple balls (Torres last week) and things like just there. Squaring a ball assuming there was someone there instead of knowing. It's not like he's normally shy about shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is our best formation. We just need a skillful winger/striker to replace Kuyt. Id rather see Pennant out there than Kuyt.

Babel has been great so far. Possibly the best hes played this season. Really should have scored though.

Tusky wrote: »
    This is our best formation. We just need a skillful winger/striker to replace Kuyt. Id rather see Pennant out there than Kuyt.

Babel has been great so far. Possibly the best hes played this season. Really should have scored though.

I agree, and i think it bodes well for the future that Rafa seems to have settled on both a formation and by and large the players to use in it. Giving Lucas and Babel plenty of game time to improve as well. Lucas has had a tough few games of it and im glad to see Alonso come in. Babel though is growing into his starting role and having more of an impact over the 90minutes with each game he plays.

<edit> How has Alonso looked so far? I've only been able to watch in fits and starts

How the hell did the linesman and the ref miss that from Diouf?

and then he goes up the other end and dives. I hate him with a passion. He's really the only person in the world I can say that about. No redeeming features at all.

Worst part is if Bolton do go down, some other thick club will still buy him.

Sami Hyypia has an overhead shot form 20 yards.:D Who can honestly say they'd ever expect to see that sentence. :)

Jesus, if Gerrard cant put a decent corner in , someone else should instead of trying to get players to do Paul Scholes volleys from the edge of the box.

It really is at he stage where someone stands up and takes the ball off him for corners.

2-0 Babel. Gutted for Kuyt his came off the post. Game over (touch wood)

• Advertisement

Babel has looked so dangerous all game, always looked like scoring. Very well taken goal. Feel sorry for Kuyt as well though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

booooo.........

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Babel has looked so dangerous all game, always looked like scoring. Very well taken goal. Feel sorry for Kuyt as well though!

We really need a left (footed) winger though and maybe switch Babel. It's terrible how one footed he is. As I say it he gets beyond the defender and has to try dig at the ball with his right, ended in a corner whereas a player that can use his left would have gotten the ball across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

We really need a left (footed) winger though and maybe switch Babel. It's terrible how one footed he is. As I say it he gets beyond the defender and has to try dig at the ball with his right, ended in a corner whereas a player that can use his left would have gotten the ball across.
    Would be great to get someone similar to Babel for the other wing. Then there would be the option of switching them during the game. When playing on their 'wrong' side they cut in and take shots and when on their natural side pinging in crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Babel likes to play on the left, as he is one of those wingers who likes to cut in. Since he is pretty hand with his left foot anyway, it's not a huge issue.
    Ronaldo has always stated his favorite position is on the left wing, just like Ronaldinho is, or just like Messi, who is left footed, likes to play on the right wing.

I think if you have somebody like Babel/Ronaldo/Messi on one wing, you should have somebody like Beckham (although with more pace :)) on the right wing to balance it out. Otherwise your system can become too narrow. Of course, the way around this is attacking full backs which Barcelona and United use, but I'm not sure Liverpool have that sort of fullback.

Jesus, if Gerrard cant put a decent corner in , someone else should instead of trying to get players to do Paul Scholes volleys from the edge of the box.

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Fabiooooo.

PHB wrote: »
    I Since he is pretty hand with his left foot anyway, it's not a huge issue..

Do you mean he is handy with his left foot? Dont know where your geting that, watch him when he has the ball, he wont even put his left near it. He'll come across his left with his right so he doesnt have to use his left. I'm surprised he doesnt fall over his left is that useless.

3-0 Aurellio

Riise coming on for Babel, boooo.

Should take Torres off for Crouch, he's done nothing all game and it's just a waste of energy him being out there for the rest of the game.

Errr... edit. Torres off for Riise. Babel up front?

1-3 Boo urns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone else have problems watching this game on Setanta on Sky today?

PHB wrote: »
    I think Babel likes to play on the left, as he is one of those wingers who likes to cut in. Since he is pretty hand with his left foot anyway, it's not a huge issue.
    Ronaldo has always stated his favorite position is on the left wing, just like Ronaldinho is, or just like Messi, who is left footed, likes to play on the right wing.

I think if you have somebody like Babel/Ronaldo/Messi on one wing, you should have somebody like Beckham (although with more pace :)) on the right wing to balance it out. Otherwise your system can become too narrow. Of course, the way around this is attacking full backs which Barcelona and United use, but I'm not sure Liverpool have that sort of fullback.

I think Aurelio and Babel are building up a great partnership for balancing each others play with Aurelio overlapping putting himself in a position to receive and cross while Babel cuts in. Our left side of Aurelio and Babel has looked much much more dangerous then the right of Kuyt and Babel. If we had similer levels of threat on each side we'd be onto something.

Ex player Avi Cohen's son gets one back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

C'mon Diouf! Score a double!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sissoko scored fro Juve today. What a player!

Pighead wrote: »
    Sissoko scored fro Juve today. What a player!

He cost them a goal last week and they were beaten did he not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He cost them a goal last week and they were beaten did he not?
    He sure did. Gave away a peno. What a player.

What the **** was that? What part of alonso's head told him going left was the best option here? Then Mascherano wont shoot. IT's like they didnt want to score.

A case of the Arsenals there - trying to walk it in.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems watching this game on Setanta on Sky today?

Looks like you have to get your dish realigned.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055133774

• Advertisement

What the **** was that? What part of alonso's head told him going left was the best option here? Then Mascherano wont shoot. IT's like they didnt want to score.

To be fair though Masch possibly went for the right option, put it right on Babel's feet for what should have been an easy finish. Babel was offside anyway, but thats not Mascherano's responsibility, all he can do is find a man. Its up to Babel to keep himself on.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be fair though Masch possibly went for the right option, put it right on Babel's feet for what should have been an easy finish. Babel was offside anyway, but thats not Mascherano's responsibility, all he can do is find a man. Its up to Babel to keep himself on.

Alonso really should have given him (Masch) the ball in the first place though.

Alonso really should have given him (Masch) the ball in the first place though.

very true, im just defending Masch, Alonso def chose the wrong option.

Alonso was no great shakes all game anyway. Lucas would have done just as good in that position.

PiE wrote: »
    Alonso was no great shakes all game anyway.

I've heard the same said about Didi in the past. A lot to be said for quietly going about your business. You dont have to do flashy things and stand out to be very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Alonso was grand today. Settle yourselves.

• Advertisement

Alonso was grand today. Settle yourselves.

There was only the one :)

Steady yerselves. I'm merely pointing that Lucas would have done just as well.

Alonso is a playmaker; how many plays did you count that he started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Thought alonso did well today, not being employed as a play maker so much as somebody to break up Bolton's infrequent attacks. He did start a few decent moves mind that I can think of.

Thought alonso did well today, not being employed as a play maker so much as somebody to break up Bolton's infrequent attacks. He did start a few decent moves mind that I can think of.

The problem with this though imo is in a 3 man midfield we really shouldn't need 2 people dedicated to breaking up the attacks of a team like Bolton. With Masch in the side, imo, Alonso must up his game and go back to the all inclusive game he used to play, breaking up attacks, but mostly controlling the tempo of the game, sitting in the middle of the park always available to receive the ball and looking to move play forward. Breaking up play should be a lesser priority then receiving the ball after Masch wins it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Where's the manc who was slagging off babel on here few days back.Think he called him a benitez duff signing.:D:D Himself and skrtel today where brilliant.I still have my doubts about benitez but there is some very good young players coming through the side now and also the reserves are doing well this year with some excellent young talent.carra decent today at full back also....might have to get used to it there with agger on the way back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement