Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

5starpool wrote:
    Will this channel be available on NTL mmds as this is what I have. I have the Setanta premium package, but there are some channels missing from what you are supposed to get as mmds is a piece of crap.

I don't know, I assume so?

However not worth having at the moment, still showing Wigan game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah the Aussie media were reporting that he was due to play. They haven't mentioned it since he didn't though.

I think Kewell will be leaving us very shortly. I can't see us offering him another deal. He's just not reliable enough. We should sell him in January so we at least make a couple of mil.

Shame really. Great player on his day but injuries meant he never fulfilled his potential.

i think you're right, especially with the word that we're tracking this foggia guy in italy, im expecting him to be the replacement. Pity he never really reached the highs he's capable of with liverpool. When we got him it was the most excited i've been about a player joining i think.

I think Kewell will be leaving us very shortly. I can't see us offering him another deal. He's just not reliable enough. We should sell him in January so we at least make a couple of mil.

Shame really. Great player on his day but injuries meant he never fulfilled his potential.
    I can see that happening too. Wouldnt imagine he's a long term fixture in Benitez's plans.

I think his attitude had a lot to do with it also, bar that one stretch of about 6 months a season r two ago he hasnt really produced anything like the form that made him a star in the first place, which is suprising considering he's a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

well, considering he's been injured for about 90% of his career at Anfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Good to see Aurelio back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Am starting to like the looks of the new channel already :D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156743070912-1230.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Some pics/plans for the stadium. Not sure if ye are intrested but there is always someone !

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=240309&page=34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

zing wrote:

shiny

zing wrote:

no sign of her on the test channel yet, but at least the wigan game is over!
    They now appear to be looping some graphic stings..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Torres (knocked in a rebound) and Riise ("magnificent strike") on the scoresheet yesterday for their countries.

Wonder will Gerrard need a rest after his two games in four days...
    Mascho played in Oz at 10am our time on Tuesday morning. So hopefully he's home by now, in which case he should be fine for Saturday. Talk that Carra might be fit, but no point in rushing him either. Babel played 90 minutes for the Dutch on Saturday and again on Wednesday. Kuyt wasnt involved though. Likewise Voronin wasnt even on the bench for Ukraine yesterday (suspended, injured or just dropped???)

My prediction for Saturday (bear in mind we're away to Porto on Tuesday)
    Reina
    Arbeloa - Carra - Agger - Riise
    Pennant - Alonso - Sissoko - Benayoun
    Kuyt - Voronin

Porto:
    Reina
    Finnan - Hyypia - Agger - Arbeloa
    Pennant - Gerrard - Mascho - Babel
    Torres - Crouch

Carra has been training all week and could feature on Sat.

Kewell is back running so should prob feature in a reserves game soon and as we know Aurelio did already this week. Close to having the whole squad fit and available.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=jamie-carragher-set-for-liverpool-return%26method=full%26objectid=19785979%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

zing wrote:
    Carra has been training all week and could feature on Sat.
    Thats good. Though I couldnt see him playing v both Pompey and Porto. I'd say Agger will play both games, and Carra and Sami will play one each.

Aurelio will probably have to wait for the Reading league cup match for his first start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Carra Vs Pompey

Sami Vs Porto pleasssse

good interview with Rafa here:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-5900.html?LMAS=959ead266e3959e65ed8752476aff4a9

definately something different about him this year, not sure wat it is, but i like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kewell is due a reserve game next week. Hopefully he'll come through and be on the bench for the following PL and second CL game.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

definately something different about him this year, not sure wat it is, but i like it

the beard has brought out his darkside. the new improved badass rafa

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just a reminder to anybody interested we only have about 30 tickets left for our night on the beer with Ronnie Whelan & Jason McAteer,if you are interested let me know ASAP.

Dub13.

got mine in the post yesterday, cant wait! :)

got mine in the post yesterday, cant wait! :)

Good stuff,its going to be a great night.

I'll be the one asking about their feelings on the RTK movement :)

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote:
    Just a reminder to anybody interested we only have about 30 tickets left for our night on the beer with Ronnie Whelan & Jason McAteer,if you are interested let me know ASAP.

Dub13.

dub, I must have missed this earlier, have you a link or more info? didn't see anything on your site?

copacetic wrote:
    dub, I must have missed this earlier, have you a link or more info? didn't see anything on your site?

Link

As I said they are selling like hot cakes.These are great nights lads if you can make it you should try and get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Kuyt wasnt involved though. Likewise Voronin wasnt even on the bench for Ukraine yesterday (suspended, injured or just dropped???)

Voronin came on after 60 minutes yesterday and Kuyt replaced Babel after about 75. What games were you watching ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Voronin came on after 60 minutes yesterday and Kuyt replaced Babel after about 75. What games were you watching ?
    You owe the man an apology. Well half an apology anyway. Kuyt didn't replace Babel at all.

What game were you watching?:p

this doesn't sound too healthy, maybe its a good thing we kept onto Sissoko after all!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=481235&in_page_id=1779

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

this doesn't sound too healthy, maybe its a good thing we kept onto Sissoko after all!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=481235&in_page_id=1779
    It never ends!

Well what say you Liverpool fans, will Torres start tomorrow? This is where it's tricky to have Liverpool players in your FF team, Rafa starts rotating like a mad thing when Europe rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

will Torres start tomorrow?

I think he has to start hes on a good run of goals at the moment. Him and Kuyt up front as for the rest of the team, that all depends on whether Finnan Carragher and Gerrard are fit enough to play.

Only other players guaranteed a start are Reina Arbeloa and Agger

id say Pennant and Alonso are safe bets. Both well rested since Alonso got sent off and was back early for training. Also think Babel will start, though Riise could get a nod..

~Rebel~ wrote:
    id say Pennant and Alonso are safe bets. Both well rested since Alonso got sent off and was back early for training. Also think Babel will start, though Riise could get a nod..

I'd say you're right about Pennant & Alonso. Riise likely to feature anyway as I haven't seen anything to suggest Finnan will be fit in which case Arbeloa will play RB so Riise is the most likely to play LB (unless Insua gets a game). Possibly see Lucas or Leto but I'd be surprised by that too. Reckon it'll be back to Carra & Agger at CB. Unsure about upfront - Crouch is due a start but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Rafa throwing plenty of pace & a bit of trickery at their back 4 - which could include a spot for Yossi.

As usual predicting the likely starting XI is anything but easy.

re Tevez and Masch - it'll come to nothing.

The starting 11

Reina
    Arbeloa--Agger-Hyypia-Riise
    Pennant-Alonso-Gerrard-Babel
    Voronin-Kuyt

Maybe.

Mike.

• Advertisement

too true! Nearly every weekend i've tipped Benayoun to play and have always been wrong, so im gonna stop till he makes his first Prem start..

<Edit>
    Id go with the same Mike, but with Torres in for Voronin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Don't forget Sky Sports 1 is free this weekend lads so the pool-portsmouth match is on for free!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

jonny24ie wrote:
    Don't forget Sky Sports 1 is free this weekend lads so the pool-portsmouth match is on for free!! :D

even for us ntl'ers?

jonny24ie wrote:

How is that....?I have it anyway but these things are good to know/pass on.

Wow really? Exellent news. Well its exellent if NTL know about it.

Rebel if you think my starting 11 looks right bar Torres then I'll put that in my Fantasy Rafa page, God knows you're doing better then me right now :)

Mike.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    too true! Nearly every weekend i've tipped Benayoun to play and have always been wrong, so im gonna stop till he makes his first Prem start..
    I'm tellin ya, this is Yossi's turn.

Babel will be rested for Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its a promotion they are doing to get people to sign up!!

http://www.google.ie/search?q=Sky+Sports+1+free+september&hl=en&start=10&sa=N

Nice find,I will pass the info on.

Dub13 wrote:
    Nice find,I will pass the info on.

I was watching sky news the other night and it was giving the usual whats on this weekend in the premiership ad and it said it was free to all viewers this weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think we are in a good position because we had a lot of players that didnt play in the internationals...or only featured for short amounts of time.

Reina, Finnan, Arbeloa, Agger, Carragher, Alonso, Pennant, Sissoko, Crouch & Voronin. I think Torres should start as he has scored 4 goals in his last 5 games for club & country! (or is it 6 games?).

Reina

Finnan----Carragher---Agger----Arbeloa

Pennant----Alonso----Sissoko----Riise

Torres---Crouch

Then against Porto

Reina

Finnan----Carragher----Agger----Riise

Benayoun--Gerrard--Mascherano--Babel

Torres---Kuyt

Its likely that Torres wont start both games and that Voronin will but I dont want to leave him out of my lineups! How much of the two games did Benayoun & Riise play ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

mike65 wrote:
    re Tevez and Masch - it'll come to nothing.
    Exactly, and even if it does, it'll play out like this; Brazil- 'Come back here for trial!' Tevez/Masch-'No.' Brazil- 'ok'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

jonny24ie wrote:
    I was watching sky news the other night and it was giving the usual whats on this weekend in the premiership ad and it said it was free to all viewers this weekend!!

not free on ntl anyhow. Fuppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Is Finnan fit? I hope he is for my fantasy league team, I tried ten mins ago and was too late for my Fantasy Rafa.. Dang nabbit.

Fantasy Rafa has a two hour deadline for some reason.

Mike.

i have an odd feeling crouchie might start! Too late to change my fantasy rafa though :( Just thinking Rafa always likes to play players against they're former clubs, and Crouch did get his first 2 for pool against them. He's a decent bet to score anyway even if he's on the bench i think!

• Advertisement

FFS Another bad Fantasy Rafa week!

Gerrard benched, Carra and Crouch start.

Reina
    Finnan-Agger-Carra-Arbeloa
    Pennant-Sissoko-Alonso-Benayoun
    ----Crouch-Voronin

Subs Itandje Hyypia Babel Torres Gerrard

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Team for toaday;

Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Agger, Carragher, Sissoko, Alonso, Benayoun, Pennant, Crouch, Voronin. Suns: Itandje, Hyypia, Torres, Gerrard, Babel.

Good to see Finnan & Carra back, also to see Benayoun getting a start in the Prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

strong side, we've got match winners on the bench as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Guys, I bought the e-season ticket on liverpoolfc.tv it says there will be delayed coverage of the portsmouth match later, will it be the full 90 minutes or just highlights?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement