Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If they have a condition that they can buy each others shares then why can't Gillette get money off DIC, buy Hicks out, then let DIC buy him out?? It would save alot of hassle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think we will see

Arbeloa--Skrtle--Carra--Aurelio

Masch--Lucas

Pennant----Gerrard
    Babel

Crouch

Although its entirely possible Alonso will start ahead of Lucas or Benayoun ahead of Penannt. We might also see Kuyt in there. Carragher could also go right back again with Hyypia in the middle but I suspect he will want him fresh for Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

he's a loss but man for man our squad has enough to over come west ham.

Man for man doesn't win games, systems do. Torres gives Liverpool a much better shape overall, let's the rest of the team play better even if they don't.
    Still, big game tonight, this is the game in hand people have been taking for granted, needs to be 3 points, otherwise Everton will actually be ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

PHB wrote: »
    Man for man doesn't win games, systems do.

for real?

man for man we're better than west ham, we can alter our game using crouch and still should have too much for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think we should have enough in us for west Ham, they have not been brilliant of late, although we have not been all that good either. Crouchie to start tonight would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dont take West Ham so lightly lads, or we could end up looking as silly as many did over on the ManU thread after they played them. On their day West Ham are a damn good team and it could well take a very good performance to see them off so dont be taking anything for granted. If he keeps the same formation, but maybe with Yossi in for Kuyt and Crouch for Torres and the rest of the attacking personel the same, we should win, but many more changes then that and it could be a tougher affair.

I think Yossi will play tonight though, and i think Pennant will play against Newcastle and then we'll revert to Kuyt and Babel as the widemen against Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Tusky wrote: »
    I think we will see

Arbeloa--Skrtle--Carra--Aurelio

Masch--Lucas

Pennant----Gerrard
    Babel

Crouch

Although its entirely possible Alonso will start ahead of Lucas or Benayoun ahead of Penannt. We might also see Kuyt in there. Carragher could also go right back again with Hyypia in the middle but I suspect he will want him fresh for Inter.

I really like this 4-5-1 shape with Gerrard free to play off the lone striker. I think Lucas should get as much play as possible but if Alonso regains his form he would be perfect here. Especially that Aurelio plays a bit like a wing back and Finnan and Pennant were hooking up well together too.

With Torres playing I'd prefer to see Yossi or Kuyt instead of Pennant. It's good for Torres to rest before Inter. Another heavy load of matches coming up in 3 weeks as well (even if we don't qualify). But this would be a very good team for tonight IMO too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Torres starts after all.

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riise, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel, Torres.
    Subs: Itandje, Pennant, Crouch, Benayoun, Hyypia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Riise?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mike.

• Advertisement

no aurelio. typical

zing wrote: »
    Torres starts after all.

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riise, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel, Torres.
    Subs: Itandje, Pennant, Crouch, Benayoun, Hyypia.

good stuff, now im more confident of a straightforward win.

On Aurelio, I wouldn't mind too much, id say its a quick rest and he'll be back as first choice again for the next game. He did play a lot straight after coming back from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

el rabitos wrote: »
    no aurelio. typical

moaning, typical ;)

wat time is kick off?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wat time is kick off?

postcount +1 for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Arg. I thought Aurelio was really playing well. He deserves a run of games. Hasnt had one since he has been at the club due to injury.

Arbeloa--Carra--Skrtle--Riise

Masch--Alonso

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Babel

Torres

Still a good side. No over joyed with playing two holding midfielders against West Ham at home but its done us well lately. I also think we have better players than Kuyt for the right wing.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On Aurelio, I wouldn't mind too much, id say its a quick rest and he'll be back as first choice again for the next game. He did play a lot straight after coming back from injury.

dissagree man, there was a nice partnership developing there between aurelio and babel, both players have spent ample time sitting on their backsides this year compared to some other players. i cant see how aurelio needs a rest.

the last 2 games aurelio has looked more confident in his play than ive ever seen him since he came to the club, i would have loved to have seen rafa persist with that partnership, it looked dangerous and both players seem to be benifiting.

obviously its a different case if aurelio has a knock, but i havent seen anyting to suggest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Both sopcast and tvants have it on:

Sopcast: [URL="sop://202.190.75.149:3912/2136"]Supersport 5[/URL].
    TVants: [URL="tvants://www.p2psports.cn/tvants/?k=eb6fc5fef444e059348474e8f25114e5"]Channel 7[/URL].

:cool:

why wont either or those work for me?

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

my local pub is showing it on some foreign channel so thats were i am off to:D

i have the ants one working, but at the moment its real and roma being show. hope they change it. the sopcast one wont work either for me.

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote: »
    dissagree man, there was a nice partnership developing there between aurelio and babel, both players have spent ample time sitting on their backsides this year compared to some other players. i cant see how aurelio needs a rest.

the last 2 games aurelio has looked more confident in his play than ive ever seen him since he came to the club, i would have loved to have seen rafa persist with that partnership, it looked dangerous and both players seem to be benifiting.

obviously its a different case if aurelio has a knock, but i havent seen anyting to suggest that.

I definately agree all that, and I love aurelio (as a player). He's by a mile our best LB and I think Rafa thinks the same. He always strikes up the best partnerships with the winger and to be honest i think if he played more last season, Gonzalez might still be an LFC player as he looked quite good with Fabio, but fairly rubbish with Riise.

But its the least of our worries, i'd say its just not to put too much pressure on Aurelio given his fitness over the past few years, giving riise a bit of a run out and saving Aurelio for the all important Inter game.

To be honest, im just over the moon that all in all he's sticking with a fairly definate first team and stable formation.

Listening on 5live on sat - can't get a stream up online atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

eeep

tvants ssays buffering, for ever.
    One of the sopcast's is working and there is baseball on. *pukes

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Im watching the match here

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/22260

goal torres

1 up already ... Torres! :cool::D

sopcast: 6106 or 9226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Anyone know where to listen to it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

smithy1981 wrote: »

Legend, thanks.

A 1000 thank you's :)
    Is the sound a bit uncrisp for you too?
    zing wrote: »
    goal torres

Ah Torres lad, slow down, I missed it!

Interesting, Torres seems to be playing on the wing at the moment.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    A 1000 thank you's :)
    Is the sound a bit uncrisp for you too?

No problem. yeah the sound is horrible for me too. Picture is good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

2013: What's Pepe Reina up to in the Liverpool goal? Luis Boa Morte skips past the stranded keeper and knocks the ball goalwards from a tight angle but Alvaro Arbeloa saves the keeper's blushes with a clearance.

Pepe had a David James moment!

Thanks man! Couldn't find one anywhere that would actually get past about 15 in buffering.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thanks man! Couldn't find one anywhere that would actually get past about 15 in buffering.

No probs. I got the link from myp2p.eu

I see we're as ruthlessly effective as ever from corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

gerrard taking them from both sides?

Grrr - 5live dropping commentary now until the end of the chavs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

grrrr can't get sopcast to work!

Listening to 5live Extra it seemed to be about 70/30 and the West Ham peno area under seige in the later stages.

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Listening to 5live Extra it seemed to be about 70/30 and the West Ham peno area under seige in the later stages.

Mike

Yep. They could do with being a bit more calm and a bit more clever around the box though, there's lots of blasting it and crossing without looking up.

All in all we're pretty much controlling the game. Was quite happy to see Babel cut right, then cut back left and put in a low cross with his left into gerrards run, well blocked by WH. They have looked dangerous at times, but Skrtel has looked assured again, a few important last ditch tackles. As usual we need to be getting the second goal to secure the win, but so far so good.

Im getting happier and happier with this formation though, suits us much better. a more attacking right side and we'd be laughing. Maybe Rafinha and a top notch RW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Channel 6106 on sopcast is working fine for me. Liverpool are well on top, WHam have shown nothing so far. Still its never guaranteed at 1-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Channel 6106 on sopcast is working fine for me. Liverpool are well on top, WHam have shown nothing so far. Still its never guaranteed at 1-0.

I'm using that channel as well, the quality is good. :D

We need more goals, Torres for a hat trick!

I'm wearing my El Nino La! t shirt that I won on lfcreds.com!

Torres - 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Bring yossi on and lets finish this, I'm getting nervous.

Edit, actually all is good, carry on!!

• Advertisement

There is a God, and his name is Fernando.

lol
    Torres is the sh1t.

w00t sopcast is ****e I can't connect. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

got it working. think is was more my end

free header from Torres, WH were sleeping. should settle things down nicely down, maybe another one or two to come

What channel? I've got table tennis :mad:

Mike.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement