Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

still pretty savage going. I dont think that'll be the last Liverpool record he'll break either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd bum Torres, just so ye know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres the first player to hit two successive hat tricks since 1946

Mike.

two succsessive hattricks?
    dont think that happened almost sure our last game was against bolton and that was og, babel, aurelio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Mr Alan wrote: »

we knew.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The man will turn us all gay, no question. :p

Bearing in mind Newcastle come calling on Saturday I would not put it past him to do it again and set a genuine all clubs record.

Rafa to rest him then.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats on outing yourself :p

Nah in all seriousness, he is one hell of a player. I have to hold my hands up and say I didn't think he would be this good, at least straight away (to the point I wasn't overly excited about the Torres-to-United rumours during the World Cup). Just needs a consistent partner now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LGB or PI seriously.

Dont understand why pool fans where unsure of Torres, the La Liga fans told you the guy the is goal machine :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He's our star striker, you'd be taking it, not giving it lad.

Thought Kuyt was excellent again tonight.

Riise was decent as well. He's still ****e though.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He's our star striker, you'd be taking it, not giving it lad.

nah, i cant take it, its gay if ya take it-and i dont swing that way!

little rafa put away his peno

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thank you sir.
    Great finish from Torres for his first.

second was my favourite, wat a header. wat a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Torres for top scorer might not be the worst bet, especially since Ronaldo and Abedayour will be rested against weaker premiership teams and taken off when the games are won.
    Torres looks set to start every Liverpool game for the rest of the season the way its going for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Torres was immense again!!He really is a star!!18 prem goals so far in his first season?Is that a record or is he heading towards a record

Next season he will get 40 :D:D:D

RVN scored about 35 goals in total in his debut season for Man Utd.

Mike.

how many does Torres have in total so far?

PHB wrote: »
    I think Torres for top scorer might not be the worst bet, especially since Ronaldo and Abedayour will be rested against weaker premiership teams and taken off when the games are won.
    Torres looks set to start every Liverpool game for the rest of the season the way its going for him.

After his second goal I went on to oddschecker.com and he was 10-1 with most bookies, now down to 3's and 4's[for prem top scorer]. Might still be worth a few quid.

why the fukc wont Keys let Redknapp talk about Liverpool!??!?! i ****ing hate that bloke with a passion, going on about how Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have a great chance of winning the CL with no mention of us. disrespectul clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

PHB wrote: »

at 3/1 its no really value for money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

RVN scored about 35 goals in total in his debut season for Man Utd.

Mike.

21 premiership goals though... afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

why the fukc wont Keys let Redknapp talk about Liverpool!??!?! i ****ing hate that bloke with a passion, going on about how Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have a great chance of winning the CL with no mention of us. disrespectul clown

probably because those teams are in the q/final and we're not tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

why do skysports keep emloying Redknapp. biggest idiot on tv tbh

Soundess cntradicted him a few times tonight, i must say i'm liking him as a pundit even more every week

el rabitos wrote: »
    probably because those teams are in the q/final and we're not tbh

no they are talking about teams that have a chance of winning it. not teams that are in the quarter finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Calm down Calm down...All the media have an agenda against us.It makes it all the sweeter when we win number 6. Keys is a murdoch paid gimp just like andy gray.Let them live in the bitter little world they have created :):)

Skrtle looks another super buy from Rafa. Another example of anytime he is given decent money to spend on individual players, he wont disappoint. Done super this year.

Torres
    Lucas
    Mascherano
    Babel
    Skrtle
    Benayoun

ha ha ha, look at the face on Arbeloa, bet he's thinking "no wonder he gets paid more than £100k a week!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Was the half time protest noticeable on the streams?. The english press reports don't seem to mention it at all

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/wires/03/05/2050.ap.soc.liverpool.american.owners.0252/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Kays latest article in the Times claims DIC are still confident of buying out Gillet. Also reckons Hicks is trying to buy a couple of percent off Gillet to give him a controlling stake. Would be a stupid move on Gillets part as it would effectively make the rest of his share holding worthless in comparison. Again it's yet another journo's take on things but he has good connections within LFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Ha Ha Ha:D Quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

16/1 with Boylesports for Torres to do it again at the weekend. So so tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

zing wrote: »
    16/1 with Boylesports for Torres to do it again at the weekend. So so tempting.

the way newcastle are playing it really is! I think its 3 points they've gotten out of the last possible 36. Even Darby got 4 in that time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well, just back, happy with the result obviously, was right behind that lad took the fowl throw too (idiot, pro footballer cannot take a throw) five rows back so could be on tv, will have to record the game in the morning and have a look see. did not think that we did very well TBH, obviously the goals will cover up what I thought was a poor performance, particularly in the first half and nice to see Torres get another hattrick too, between him and gerrard could have our fifty goal a season pairing.

BTw, good performance from Kuyt tonight, stuck at it, tackled back well when he had toand made two of torres goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

the way newcastle are playing it really is! I think its 3 points they've gotten out of the last possible 36. Even Darby got 4 in that time!

Anyone who wants to write off newcastles chances in this game are very wrong indeed. They will still cause all sorts of problems for liverpool regardless of their previous form. It wasn't long ago we had a bad streak albeit not anywhere near as bad as them and we weren't wrote off so why write newcastle off. It is going to be a hard game. I would like nothing more than another torres hat-trick but lets settle for a win here. We want fourth now no matter what way we get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I didnt see the game, only the goals. What a performance from Torres. 6 goals in his last 3 league games. Surely one of, if not the best, striker in the league ? 24 goals thus far. A record for him.

Also nice than he has only ever had 5 hatricks in his career, 3 have been at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Definitely the best out and out striker in the league along with Drogba. Ye got yourselves quite a player there if I do say so. Bastids. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Archimedes wrote: »
    Definitely the best out and out striker in the league along with Drogba. Ye got yourselves quite a player there if I do say so. Bastids. :p

I would almost kill to see a combination of Torres & Rooney or Torres & Berbatov.

This season Torres has been better than Drogba. He has also had a much better first season than Drogba had. Is he better than Drogba ? Unsure. We will have to see if he brings his terrific form into his second season.

Three hatricks in his first season is exciting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I agree he's been far more consistent that Drogba alright. But after seeing what Drogba can do last season, I think he's a sublime player. Which kills me to say.

F*ck, its 5:20am and Im praising Torres and Drogba. I should go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Skrtle looks another super buy from Rafa. Another example of anytime he is given decent money to spend on individual players, he wont disappoint. Done super this year.

Torres
    Lucas
    Mascherano
    Babel
    Skrtle
    Benayoun

Hmmmm. Will defend Rafa quite a bit when it comes to transfers but coming out with stuff like the above when the half the the signings he has made have been merely average is pushing the boat out just a bit much.

Lucas looks like he could be a decent player. Has done very little of any significance yet. Babel is effective but no where near the finished item.

There are plenty here will give you a list of crap players that is as long as the list of good players.

Am worried about playing Newcy actually. They are due a semi decent result soon enough.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm. Will defend Rafa quite a bit when it comes to transfers but coming out with stuff like the above when the half the the signings he has made have been merely average is pushing the boat out just a bit much.

Lucas looks like he could be a decent player. Has done very little of any significance yet. Babel is effective but no where near the finished item.

There are plenty here will give you a list of crap players that is as long as the list of good players.

I know he has made poor signings, but anytime he has spent decent money on a player, he has gotten it right pretty much, and this year he has done excellent transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

With Keegan back in charge at Newcastle, anyone for 4-3 at the weekend? 250-1 on PP, has to be worth a quid of anyones money:D

Hicks' stance cooling a little of the idea of DIC coming in?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/06/sfnliv106.xml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

five rows back so could be on tv, will have to record the game in the morning and have a look see.
    I'd say you're only wetting yourself with anticipation.

I'm on tv most weeks of the season.

Go me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,301 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

DesF wrote: »

Go me tbh.

nice post, nice guy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Go me tbh.
    Thought you lost that Telly Bingo gig, Shirley?

On topic, Torres is without doubt the best forward in the Premiership at this moment. That first goal last night was sublime.

Go me tbh.

ROFL :D, keep up the good work.
    Go DesF!!!!!!

Pighead wrote: »
    On topic, Torres is without doubt the best forward in the Premiership at this

finally, something we agree on ;)
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    ROFL :D, keep up the good work.
    Go DesF!!!!!!

Dont encourage him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

finally, something we agree on ;)
    Well I never! You think Torres is the best forward in the league too? I would never in a million years have thought you'd come out with something like that. You're as unpredictable as the weather.(In California)

so now your giving me stick for holding a belief that you yourself actual believe is true? good work Pighead :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement