Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Jamie carragher always said his family come first in life followed by football. The best thing he's ever experienced was the birth of his child followed by the champs league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I agree, family comes before football. He could have had both and choose not to. If there is circumstances for that, i retract wat i said, otherwise, i stand by it. And Jazzy, i am actually criticising a Liverpool player here Jazzy-hardly the most red-tinted of things to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Tough draw for us. would have much preferred the prespect of either a Non English team Now, or in the semi's, bit crap that we could easily end up having 3 english teams if we made it through to the final.

Would happily drop the 3 points in the league to get past them in the CL.

Really annoyed about Chelsea in the CL though, been there done that. And they're probably due one! Though I'm not sure Grant is a match for Rafa in these kinds of ties where tactics over the 2 legs play a bigger part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think United will get a hammering in Rome, but they might win the game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool run of fixtures...

23rd - Manchester Utd away
    30th - Everton home
    2nd - Arsenal -C.league away
    5th - Arsenal - P.league away
    8th - Arsenal - C.League home
    13th - Blackburn home

Make or break for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Tusky wrote: »

30th - Everton home
    2nd - Arsenal -C. league away
    13th - Blackburn home

Those 6 games will make or break the season for us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

30th - Everton home
    2nd - Arsenal -C. league away
    13th - Blackburn home

Yeah, and Arsenals

23 Sun Chelsea A (League)
    29 Sat Bolton A (League)
    1 Tue Liverpool H (CL)
    5 Sat Liverpool H (League)
    8 Tue Liverpool A (CL)
    13 Sun Manchester U A (League)

What do you think is more important to Arsenal.. getting the Premiership, or progressing in the Champions League....?

spockety wrote: »
    What do you think is more important to Arsenal.. getting the Premiership, or progressing in the Champions League....?

Champions League. Definately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    And Jazzy, i am actually criticising a Liverpool player here Jazzy-hardly the most red-tinted of things to do.

in the context that he didnt jet off to italy to be with the LIVERPOOL team instead of with his GF who is in labour with his child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

That is a tough draw CL for Liverpool (and Arsenal!), given that the winner will have to (most likely) meet Chelsea in the semi-final. It is possible that to win it Liverpool or Arsenal would have to beat all 3 of the other english teams, a difficult task mentally, and physically, given that both teams have leage campaigns to maintain.

I think that neither Benitez nor Wenger will be happy with the draw, but I expect them to say that such draws are to be expected and that it is a tough competition, etc. Ferguson on the other hand will be delighted to avoid any english teams until the final. Hopefully Roma will have an impact. Perhaps an easy draw will be an 'achilles heel'.

I dont expect the Liverpool players to be too ecstatic about the draw, but I have no doubt that come the fixtures against Arsenal, they will be able to treat it as one game at a time and will give their all in the two-legged tie. We certainly have nothing to fear over Arsenal in the two legs.

Another interesting factor is how the sequence of league matches play into this.

Having said all that, there is no easy way to the final, sometimes 'everest' is climbed from the south face or the north face. All we and players have to remember is that all of the teams that Liverpool are facing are beatable. It wont be an easy task, but it is possible.

Funnily enough, Paddypower is now offering Barca as favourites:
    Barcelona 11 - 4
    Man Utd 3 - 1
    Chelsea 7 - 2
    Arsenal 6 - 1
    Liverpool 13 - 2

With Everton now out of the Uefa Cup, we need to keep a strong eye on the 4th place chase as well. That wont be easy.

Redspider

This thread was created over an hour before the draw. The guy claims that several contacts have told him that the draw was leaked and bookies stopped taking bets on the draw itself. He said that the draw would be exactly as it was. Check it out.

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

This thread was created over an hour before the draw. The guy claims that several contacts have told him that the draw was leaked and bookies stopped taking bets on the draw itself. He said that the draw would be exactly as it was. Check it out.

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755
    Link not working. Sepp is watching us. Always.

Pighead wrote: »
    Link not working. Sepp is watching us. Always.

Theres 1000s of people viewing it. Try refreshing. Surely there has to be outcry about this ?

The guys on the forum are emailing uefa, bbc, sky sports etc and showing them the thread. There was less than a 1% chance of the draw turning out as the guy predicted.

Try this link - http://forums.liverpoolecho.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not excited about the draw at all. I could well see Arsenal dumping us out. Only consolation is the 2nd leg is at Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

He said that the draw would be exactly as it was

Someone on boards must have the same tho.

Cant view thread, too many connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

No decent deals to be had on flights into Liverpool or Manc for the return leg :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does it matter who is drawn though? If you want to win you have to be prepared to beat any team.

Mike.

kaimera wrote: »
    Someone on boards must have the same tho.

Cant view thread, too many connections.

Heres the first post in the thread
    confused
    Ultra member

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 am Post subject: Possible leak of draw
    Rumour going around draw has been leaked..... this is no doubt rubbish but if Rumour is true it's LFC - arsenal and Chelsea - fenerbache and the Mancs v roma
    No bookies will take bets on the draw either.......
    Let the draw commence. Comeeee on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Exactly Mike. Arsenal are off form at the minute. I fancy us, especially with the 2nd leg at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

it does matter because the whole process is supposed to be completly transparent.

• Advertisement

Heres a screenshot of the post.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2i96mj8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Then what about the 50 billion posts that predicted the wrong draw?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Then what about the 50 billion posts that predicted the wrong draw?

I think its more the fact that he said that the draw had been leaked and the proceeded to get it correct...

I'm sure plenty of other people guessed the draw but it just seems a bit fishy.

unreal just read the post about the rigged results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think its more the fact that he said that the draw had been leaked and the proceeded to get it correct...

I'm sure plenty of other people guessed the draw but it just seems a bit fishy.
    Either way I still think it's BS.

Schalke are 3-1 to go through

firewall has blocked paddy power, does anyone know what the odds are for shalke to beat Barcelona.

3-1

cheers, fancy shalke to go through to the final.

saw this and had a little chuckle.....

If I was being really clever, I'd say Arsenal have looked tired lately and very ordinary, which is resulting in them dropping points left right and centre. Whereas we seem to be going quite well, why is that do you think? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

SSN reporting that Agger is out for the rest of the season....needs surgery on his metatarsal

yea saw that earlier, meant to say it here.....ah well would have come in handy over this upcoming period. at least he'll be back to top form start of next season ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Just heard on sky sports that Agger is out for the rest of the season, he needs an operation on his injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im starting to believe the booze story about Agger. There is no way a metatarsal injury should keep him out for nearly a year. Especially since he came through the 2 reserve games so well.

Melion, anytime a player is out long term rumour mill and gossip-ists go into overdrive, wouldnt worry about it. sometimes these things just happen.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Melion, anytime a player is out long term rumour mill and gossip-ists go into overdrive, wouldnt worry about it. sometimes these things just happen.

What im saying is though, why not give him the operation 4 months ago when he was nearly ready for a return only to be hit by it again. He looked back to his best in the reserve games recently so i cant see how he was still injured.

Melion wrote: »
    Im starting to believe the booze story about Agger. There is no way a metatarsal injury should keep him out for nearly a year. Especially since he came through the 2 reserve games so well.

What booze story ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

What booze story ?

+1

Never heard it before

Pretty much that he's an alcoholic

rumour was that when he got injured, he went off the rails and started on the booze very heavy, and has had something of breakdown since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Pretty much that he's an alcoholic

Seen that a few times alright. Story was that he'd gotten depressed after suffering the injury and had supposedly lost a lot of money on some restaurant he bought in Liverpool and ended up going on a major bender which he's not quite been able to get off since.

Oh wait - unless IrishMike has heard the same it can't be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Here is the only place I've read about Agger being on the booze.

that rumour has been flying around merseyside since long before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it wasnt booze

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

saying drugs or booze, rafa would have zero tolerance, it's all bull****.

mayordenis wrote: »
    it's all bull****.

spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Agreed, he get's rid if any of that rubbish goes on, see bellamy as an example of somebody who stepped out of line and served the ultimate penalty for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

plus he was rubbish for ye

plus he was rubbish for ye

Did about as well as you could expect for a 6m signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not as bad as some have been in fairness, would take him over quite a lot of the dross that is out there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

load of crap,

am i right in saying the last time we won the champions league we faced chelsea 3 matches in a row, twice in champo league and once in premiership, they were 3 consecutive matches at some stage of the season..If so would that be another omen...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement