Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

No - we played Chelsea 5 times that season but the non CL games were fairly spread out over the season.http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/season/2004-2005/index.htm?squad=First+Team&season=2004-2005&competition=All

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know if the game is on tv tomorrow? thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Call_me_al wrote: »

No but its repeated on Sunday on Lfc tv at 18:00 and 22:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

stick-dan wrote: »
    load of crap,

am i right in saying the last time we won the champions league we faced chelsea 3 matches in a row, twice in champo league and once in premiership, they were 3 consecutive matches at some stage of the season..If so would that be another omen...

Another Omen?
    We only have one Damien on our books (Damien Plessis) and he's hardly the son of Satan? Or is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Call_me_al wrote: »

Have a looksee here.
    On TVU Player on Star Sports[channel 10006], works a treat everytime :D

Paddy Power say it's on TV, Sky Calcio Four, whatever that is????

Watchin' SSN there, and they threw up the following stat that Torres has scored 17 prem goals at Anfield in 15 prem games :eek:
    He's 9/1 today for a hatrick.......hmmm.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Watchin' SSN there, and they threw up the following stat that Torres has scored 17 prem goals at Anfield in 15 prem games :eek:
    He's 9/1 today for a hatrick.......hmmm.

Unreal isnt it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

mayordenis wrote: »
    saying drugs or booze, rafa would have zero tolerance, it's all bull****.

well thats true, but i had heard that rafa is sure he can kick this, thats why he is keeping him, but wont play him until its he stops it

event wrote: »
    well thats true, but i had heard that rafa is sure he can kick this, thats why he is keeping him, but wont play him until its he stops it

Yeh I heard Fergie say that Neville is actually a heroin junky that gives hand jobs to the united players to pay for his habit, see i can make stuff up to....

not just directed at event, but links or you're all full of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

These Agger rumours remind me of the rumours that dogged Fowler. Every taxi driver on Merseyside knew someone who knew someone who knew something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

malice_ wrote: »
    These Agger rumours remind me of the rumours that dogged Fowler. Every taxi driver on Merseyside knew someone who knew someone who knew something!

Don't be bringing 'dogging' into it! One ex-Liverpool striker fed enough rags with that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Im starting to wonder when agger does come back will he be the same player.A year is a long time off and I wouldnt be so sure he will come back the same player,I believe he will be back and dont believe this drink rubbish but my fears are that he wont be the same.

hopefully skyrtel doesnt replace him next year because agger was probably the best young cb in the prem for the last few years,I think he has the quality to be one off the best.He deserves better than that!

oobydooby wrote: »
    Don't be bringing 'dogging' into it! One ex-Liverpool striker fed enough rags with that:o
    Sorry, inappropriate choice of words on my part there :).

Xabi's back today :)
    Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Babel, Kuyt, Torres: Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Crouch, Benayoun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good man Rafa no letting Reading off.

Reina
    Arbeloa-Carra-Skrtel-Aurelio
    Masch--Alonso
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Torres----Babel

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »

Reina
    Arbeloa-Carra-Skrtel-Aurelio
    Masch--Alonso
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Torres----Babel

Mike.

Yeah with 7 tough games in a row to follow I was worried he might tinker here. This is a great team and it's good to see them playing together so much now. I'm surprised there's no Lucas on the bench, in case Masch is carrying a knock or to give him some more game time if the game is wrapped up early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

There's no need to rotate, you've no game till the United game, then another week off till the Everton game. Rafa doesn't rotate unless theres a reason to, and I can't see him rotating in this or the United game. Now once you get the run of Everton, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Blackburn, then you'll see some rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think your coming round to my view ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

delighted with that team, we have a habit of scoring 4 in these games when on good form...mite put a punt on..

<edit> 16-5 on PP for pool to score 4 or more..

put it on in a trebles from 3 with wigan and chelsea to win.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think your coming round to my view ;)

Now now, Mr Benitez has come round to my point of view - no rotation, settled formation = teh win! :pac:

Mike.

I will forgive Xabi if he does that stupid cradle celebration after scoring a goal today :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

F*ck me that was some hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nice strike :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Cracker of a goal 1-0 Reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Cracking goal!!

0-1 Reading.

Was a great tackle from Arbeloa and was given as a free, from the free reading scored a screamer. very upsetting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Great strike alright.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

what stream are u watching guys....I cant get anything..

dardoz wrote: »
    what stream are u watching guys....I cant get anything..

Im watching it here sop://202.190.75.149:3912/3608

What a goal!! 1-1

• Advertisement

he did the masch, the monster masch!!!

1-1

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

tuned in just on time to see that cracker from Masch.... WAHEEEY!!

Go on Masch you fckin hero!

Im watching this one from Rojadirecta
    - soccer [en] Tvuplayer

good stream.

Thats why we paid so much money for him! Class player ... deserved a goal

Watching the same link too. Masch is spraying out some lovely passes, I thought it was Alonso at first. Unlucky from Babel. Nice play from Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

oobydooby wrote: »
    Watching the same link too. Masch is spraying out some lovely passes, I thought it was Alonso at first. Unlucky from Babel. Nice play from Liverpool.

I think Masch's attacking qualites are very much underrated

He is a great passer and very good at driving forward, it just isn't his main job at Liverpool

Masch must have been watching SSN when his value was questioned by Charlie Nicholas et al "he offers nothing going forwards"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Pool playing well, really pushing reading back and keeping them under pressure. Reading do look like they could cause a problem or two on the break though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Masch must have been watching SSN when his value was questioned by Charlie McNicol et al "he offers nothing going forwards"

Mike.

Yeh, thought that when I saw he scored, funny stuff :)

The way Babel has improved over the past few weeks, I think he's gonna develop into a savage player. Could see him scoring today. Alonso has shown flashes of his old form as well, hopefully his resurgence continues.

And Masch, well done! The look of shock and surprised delight on his face after it went in was savage!

• Advertisement

Missed the first half but delighted for Mascherano. He plays with the passion of a local lad. For someone who has been here for such a short time he seems to have a lot of love for the club and has a real winners mentality.

Torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrress!!! King no 2! :cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WTF was Doyle at with his marking? Easy header

Torres
    20 in the league.
    27 overall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

When was the last time we had a striker score that many in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

When was the last time we had a striker score that many in the league?

Not since Rush and King Kenny. He's up there now in their league, a division above Owen and Fowler. Most of his goals are just strokes into the net also with all the hard work done beforehand. Classy recruit and legend in the making

Another win, another torres goal and a great goal from mash. **** me, what a tense ending though.

Alonso was unlucky not to score today. Good win. Reading put up a tough display. Skertl is looking more promising. Glad to see Torres get another. Puts the pressure back on Everton. Well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Tough, tough game and a very good 3pts.

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote: »
    Not since Rush and King Kenny. He's up there now in their league, a division above Owen and Fowler. Most of his goals are just strokes into the net also with all the hard work done beforehand. Classy recruit and legend in the making

I dunno, Fowlers early seasons were just astonishing, would definately have him up there as well based on those years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement