Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Little grumpy last night :) sorry. Just find some of it a little OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Little grumpy last night :) sorry. Just find some of it a little OTT.

I agree, along with the GOD **** in relation to fowler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can we stop licking his ****ing balls for a second.

No :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Manu fans do it with ronaldo don't they, albeit with half of the premier league lick onaldo's ba**s to though lol...some people are getting over the top though i agree,...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Amazing player
    Humble and modest
    Team player and works hard for the team
    Doesn't moan
    Isnt a dirty player
    Knows and speaks about the clubs history
    Not selfish

Look lads, no offence, but can we stop licking his ****ing balls for a second. He is a super player but the ****e some of are souting is way over the top.

Sorry Tusky but I wouldn't say this about my mother..

Like please ffs..

I wouldnt say it about your mother either. She IS a dirty player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah no! A Yor Ma post. Shame Tusky Shame.

Mike.

good article about how bollox Sky are and how deadly Rafa is!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-s ... 18987.html

Sky's the limit when it comes to rotating the knife into Benitez
    Sunday March 16 2008

'It does make you wonder what he would have done if he had played more regularly." Richard Keys said of Fernando Torres last Tuesday, entering a world of magic realism without the magic or, indeed, the realism. It was remarkable in itself that Torres' stats of 26 goals in 35 matches had just been mentioned, because most broadcasters have only one thing in their heads when talking about Rafael Benitez.

It was also, perhaps, an indication of Benitez's stubbornness that when he was asked a similar question by Sky's Geoff Shreeves a few minutes later, he did not reply, "Well, Geoff, if you checked your facts you'd see that Torres has started every league and Champions League game since September." He may have had to qualify this by adding, "when fit" because there are many in the media who seem prepared to criticise Benitez for not playing Torres even when he's injured.

Instead Benitez played along, talking about rotation, unwilling, it appeared, to engage at any level with people whom he clearly feels serve no purpose when he is thinking about things like knocking the Italian champions out of the European Cup.

In fact, Sky's question would more accurately be asked about Wayne Rooney. Why don't we see more of him? Manchester United have lost more league matches than Liverpool this season and Rooney has missed every one of them, usually rested. Torres, who if Sky are to be believed is glimpsed as frequently as the Aurora Borealis, has played five games more than Rooney this season, but Benitez is the man who has to answer questions about rotation.

It is customary to see Tom Hicks get more credit for the purchase of Torres than Benitez. The American is usually praised for putting up £26m for the striker, although the fee was a lot less than that, and then the coverage usually proceeds along the lines that the signing was a no-brainer.

Last summer, Torres's signing was questioned by many of those who now wonder why he doesn't play more often. Arsene Wenger and Ferguson hesitated before Benitez signed the player for £16m, the same price Spurs paid Charlton for Darren Bent. The critics said he didn't score enough goals -- one every three games was his ratio at Atletico -- and now, as he's scored 26 (all of them from open play), they wonder why he doesn't play more often.

To report it along the lines that Benitez had made the best signing of the summer and had played some part in developing a player regarded by some in Spain as a laughing stock would involve praising the Liverpool manager.

Of course, it is the Italian league and its failings that are the reason for Liverpool's victory over Inter, according to the pundits who last week predicted that AC Milan -- nearly 20 points behind Inter -- would knock out Premier League leaders Arsenal.

The Italian league is decaying, but if it was wholly rotten, Real Madrid -- eight points clear at the top of La Liga -- wouldn't have lost to Roma -- six points behind Inter. There is always another reason for Benitez' success; something they missed when writing him off beforehand but a factor beyond his control, something for which he deserves no credit. It was summed up perfectly by the journalist who appeared on Sky to talk about Liverpool's first-leg victory against Inter. He wasn't the only one who seemed reluctant to acknowledge that the game had lasted 90 minutes, preferring instead to emphasis that Liverpool had struggled to score for 85 minutes before winning by two goals.

He seemed reluctant to concede that Liverpool had, in fact, won the game. "Goals," he sighed, finally forced into some admission, "determine how we view matches."

For the time being they do anyway and while goals and results shape matches rather than journalists, Benitez has a chance of continuing to be a success

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah no! A Yor Ma post. Shame Tusky Shame.

Mike.

What ? Yor ma jokes are the highest form of wit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In all fairness, that's not exactly what Thompson was saying. He was saying that they shouldn't rotate because the quality in the squad isn't as good as say Chelsea, United, or Arsenals, and as such, rotation doesn't work for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tusky wrote: »
    What ? Yor ma jokes are the highest form of wit.

have to agree that was a good one.

PHB wrote: »
    In all fairness, that's not exactly what Thompson was saying. He was saying that they shouldn't rotate because the quality in the squad isn't as good as say Chelsea, United, or Arsenals, and as such, rotation doesn't work for Liverpool.

Dont know if I would agree with that. Liverpools first XI may not be as good but their backup players, I would say, are as good as Utd & Arsenals. The likes of Crouch, Lucas, Pennant, Benayoun, Skrtel, Hyypia & Arbeloa.

I'm not saying I agree with it, its just what the lads were saying.

Everton are making heavy weather so far, come on Fulham.

Mike.

Everton are making heavy weather so far, come on Fulham.

Mike.

I'm a hardcore Fulham fan today.

This was the statement read out yesterday at the ******* meeting of S.O.S

STATEMENT FROM KAREN GILL (Bill Shankly’s grandaughter)

First I would like to thank each and every one of you for honouring my grandfather's name by calling this Union The Spirit Of Shankly. For me though it's more than just honouring his name. In these times of corporate gluttony I am truly heartened to discover that there are still so many people who embody my granddad's spirit. It's an Olympic spirit: passionate pure and true. It's a dream of greatness and glory which comes from dedication, hard work and integrity. In this dream, money is only a means to an end. it’s not the end itself. My granddad had a dream for Liverpool Football Club and you are all helping to keep that dream alive. It’s the people with dreams who achieve things in the end because they have a vision which drives them on.

We know Bill Shankly “Made the people happy", but I know that you would have all made him happy were he alive to see this legendary support today.
    I speak on behalf of the Shankly family when I say that we are wholeheartedly behind The Spirit Of Shankly.

Karen Gill (March 2008)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

God bless Brian McBride

FULHAM 1 - 0 EVERTON YEEEEEES!

23 minutes left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

what the hell is this thanks thing?

anyway everton havent looked great hopefully this is the end of their run of form!

Davei141 wrote: »
    I agree, along with the GOD **** in relation to fowler.

The GOD lark has grown on me as he was the dogs bollox for a few seasons. Torres has been a revelation but a full season hasb't even passed yet. See where he is in a year or two and then I will get down on my knees for him..

The GOD lark has grown on me as he was the dogs bollox for a few seasons. Torres has been a revelation but a full season hasb't even passed yet. See where he is in a year or two and then I will get down on my knees for him..

If you think we are going overboard here you should see his thread on RAWK. It is a bit scary really. They are actually turning gay for the man.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=184433.2560

• Advertisement

Thats why this is the only soccer forum I use. The rest are generally full of over excitable idiots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you think we are going overboard here you should see his thread on RAWK. It is a bit scary really. They are actually turning gay for the man.

If i remember rightly so are a few members on here.... Mr. Alan and Melion spring to min but I am open to correction on that one. :p

I'd bum torres. this is correct.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'd bum torres. this is correct.

See.... told you!! Now where is Melion to confirm what his end of it is?? :p

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Now where is Melion to confirm what his end of it is?? :p

Wow, wow, wow! Melion will not be involved! that'd just be gay!:rolleyes:

Wow, wow, wow! Melion will not be involved! that'd just be gay!:rolleyes:

Ah but I do believe Melion said something along the lines of bumming torres aswell!! Never know the 3 of yous might have a good chance of it... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

WTF their checking his ****ing arse in one pick:eek:

closet gays,that has nothing to do with admiring a good striker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

jonny24ie wrote: »
    See.... told you!! Now where is Melion to confirm what his end of it is?? :p

Sorry, my end was shoved firmly up fernando

Melion wrote: »
    Sorry, my end was shoved firmly up fernando

I hope you and Alan are sharing like big boys and not arguing!! :p

Alternate days, it works out well for all of us.

• Advertisement

He doesn't move like a man being bvgg€r€d every night by Mr Alan or Melion I must say.

I guess that is a testiment to his quality.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I'm trying to convince the gf that she fancies him so I can buy her loads of Torres posters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UDu3nZwacbY&NR=1

I know that it repeats some of the goals a few times but its great to look at! The chaps pace and finishing is unreal. Not all the goals are even included!:D

i had an argument with 2 girls i work with the other day when they said he wasnt good looking!!!! :)

wtf would they know!

i had an argument with 2 girls i work with the other day when they said he wasnt good looking!!!! :)

wtf would they know!

Now thats taking football jingoism to a new level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

wtf would they know!

They must see him as competition, unless they work with cyclists:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55405235&postcount=10

Did Beckham arouse the same confusion in United fans I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He doesn't move like a man being bvgg€r€d every night by Mr Alan or Melion I must say.

Mike.
    I assume you know how such a man would walk then ??

Maybe they are just very small men...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mike.

they aren't packing much though, so he probably doesn't even wince.

back on topic, best signing in the league no doubt, but i'll want to see him score a lot more away next year to make him a god.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

EVERTON LOST!!!

Happy Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fulham did well, kept everton at bay well today. 3 point cushion is nice now.

Hope Torres runs Ferdinand and Vidic ragged next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

GBX wrote: »

Hope Torres runs Ferdinand and Vidic ragged next week.

he didnt last time:(

on a side note if chelski draw with spurs,utd beat bolton,chelski beat arsenal and we beat utd,the table will look like this and we are still in.the only strange result out of that is us beating utd and in the form we are in it is a possibility,the other games could be draws aswell esp considering bolton have already beaten utd

i think my calculations are right?and we are alot closer than last season

Man Utd 31 70
    Chelsea 31 68
    Arsenal 31 67
    Liverpool 31 62

we then have Everton,Arsenal,Blackburn,Fulham,Birmingham,manchester city,Spurs-could win all of these.

dc69 wrote: »
    he didnt last time:(

on a side note if chelski draw with spurs,utd beat bolton,chelski beat arsenal and we beat utd,the table will look like this and we are still in.the only strange result out of that is us beating utd and in the form we are in it is a possibility,the other games could be draws aswell esp considering bolton have already beaten utd

i think my calculations are right?and we are alot closer than last season

Man Utd 31 70
    Chelsea 31 68
    Arsenal 31 67
    Liverpool 31 62

we then have Everton,Arsenal,Blackburn,Fulham,Birmingham,manchester city,Spurs-could win all of these.

i said it all along we could do it!:)

we just wanted to lead them all into a false sense of security :)

HAHA everton lost..

Jesus imagine those results all happened except Bolton got a draw or a win against United. We'd be 6 points behind with 7 games left. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal and we'd be straight back in it.

Melion wrote: »
    Jesus imagine those results all happened except Bolton got a draw or a win against United. We'd be 6 points behind with 7 games left. Beat Chelsea and Arsenal and we'd be straight back in it.

i wasn't messing :)

i actually still thought we had a change until i got slated for it..but i kept hope. Serioously the top 3 are staggery at the moment. It may not nor probably will not happen but if points were dropped like you said we could be there or there abouts, Imagine how bad we will feel about the home form earlier in the season then..

I would love to see a 4 Horse race for the title on the last match day of the season. How fantastic of a finish would that be??

• Advertisement

Just had a look at paddypower.com, we're 80/1 to win the league. Torres is 2/1 to be top scorer. Im gonna throw a tenner on them together tomorrow, according to the calculator on the website it returns €2430.

The issue isn't whether or not Liverpool could win all their remaining games, it's whether the others can drop enough points.

United are 8 points ahead. You'll need them to drop 9 out of 27, that's 18 points. Where these will come from? Not sure. Maybe Chelsea and Arsenal will beat us.
    The problem is then that, Chelsea and Arsenal have to drop a similar amount of points. Best case scenario? They all draw with each other and Liverpool beat all of them. Even then, you still need them to drop points against the weaker teams, all of them.

Liverpool could well overtake one of the three, even two of the three, but the chances of overtaking all three are just astronomical. 80/1 is **** odds actually :)

It's a waste of a tenner :) Torres at top scorer though is a pretty solid bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Torres for top scorer + Arsenal league win looks like a decent bet - a 165 return on a 10er bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

what about the torres for scorer and man u to win?
    how many goals is nando behind ronanldo in the premier stats?

had a look at the right results table earlier .I wouldn't have thought we would drop 6 points especially considering we were +2 after chelsea game.
    Sunderland would have picked up a few along the way instead of the o they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

stick-dan wrote: »
    i actually still thought we had a change until i got slated for it..but i kept hope. Serioously the top 3 are staggery at the moment. It may not nor probably will not happen but if points were dropped like you said we could be there or there abouts, Imagine how bad we will feel about the home form earlier in the season then..

Makes ye sick doesn't it? To think, if we'd converted only three of those annoying draws into wins, we'd be up there. I know, and if my aunt had balls, she'd... etc... Still annoying as **** though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement