Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

tonc76 wrote: »
    Ruben de la Reid
    Irish granny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's Rubén de la Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

werent we supposed to get him in exchange for Owen and ended up getting Nunez instead? is he actually any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

£8m for Alonso?!

That rag can **** rightly off, unless this De La Red lad is worth about 15 million, which he obviously isnt. In the transfer climate we are in now, i would expect no less than 15-20 million for Alonso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

werent we supposed to get him in exchange for Owen and ended up getting Nunez instead? is he actually any good?

well that deal was what 4 years ago and he's still not well known.
    forget these +swap deals. madrid wouldnt be gettign rid of hiom if he was any good!

would like alot more for alonso...although im a fan so i wanna see him stay, he will have a big season next year!

• Advertisement

prendy wrote: »
    madrid wouldnt be gettign rid of hiom if he was any good!
    But that's like saying Alonso isn't any good if Liverpool are getting rid of him.

does this De La Red lad feature much for Madrid?

Alonso has been a certain starter pretty much throughout his whole time with us, incl crunch CL ties, if he is moving on, its cause rafa doesnt want him anymore or because he wants to.

thats why its quite different Bazmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,303 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Mr Alan wrote: »
    does this De La Red lad feature much for Madrid?

Alonso has been a certain starter pretty much throughout his whole time with us, incl crunch CL ties, if he is moving on, its cause rafa doesnt want him anymore or because he wants to.

thats why its quite different Bazmo.

he is with getafe but real own him it think, apparently having a good season

he is a right winger, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Cyrus wrote: »
    he is with getafe but real own him it think, apparently having a good season

I thought they sold him to Getafe? I seem to remember something about a buy-back clause. Capello thought highly of de le red, if that means anything. He's been ok this year but I wouldnt call him a right winger. Just a junior version of Alonso without the crisp passing but he's only 22 or 23 so that might come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Alonso's been off form, but to be fair to him, he has had a run of niggling injuries. If he can keep himself fit and hold down a spot in the first eleven, I'd like to keep him. He won't be easy to replace.

Riise can stay or go, he's not good enough for the first eleven, but he's very capable back-up for the whole left flank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

I thought they sold him to Getafe? I seem to remember something about a buy-back clause. Capello thought highly of de le red, if that means anything. He's been ok this year but I wouldnt call him a right winger. Just a junior version of Alonso without the crisp passing but he's only 22 or 23 so that might come

Sold with an option to buy back within 2 seasons
    http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/comunicado_oficial_42279.htm

which most likely means that article/rumour is about as true as everything else printed in that rag

wanna know what really happened wit Masch on Sunday?

NSFW

http://i30.tinypic.com/294lzys.gif

apologies if it has been posted....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Call_me_al wrote: »
    wanna know what really happened wit Masch on Sunday?

http://i30.tinypic.com/294lzys.gif

apologies if it has been posted....

By the way everyone.. EXTREMELY NSFW!!!!!!!!
    (unless you work in an office where shots of naked dudes buggering each other is
    ok under your IT acceptable usage policy :D )

spockety wrote: »
    (unless you work in an office where shots of naked dudes buggering each other is

CRAP very sorry about that, completely forgot!!! hope nobody got in trouble!

As well as being EXTREMELY CRÁP!

Ryan Babel has today revealed how an ice cold bath has helped him make a red hot start to his Anfield career.
    The in-form Dutch winger is preparing for this weekend's crunch Merseyside derby having started nine of the last ten games for the Reds as Rafael Benitez's men have climbed into fourth place in the league and progressed to the last eight of the Champions League.

Babel admits he took time to adapt to the demands of English football but insists that, thanks in no small part to Rafa Benitez's methods, he is now thriving in his new environment.

"I'm learning so much here and again I can see that it's often the small details that make the difference," he said.

"After a match we have to stand in an ice bath for five minutes. You can be affected with cramp or lactic acid, and that causes small tears in the muscles, but by applying cold water it repairs the damage immediately.

"During pre-season I had to do it after every training session and it was so cold, really horrible. In the beginning I could only suffer it for half a minute and sometimes I stood with my tracksuit and socks on or I tried slyly to miss it.

"Even during training I was thinking about the dreaded cold water, but now I'm used to it – and it certainly works as I'm more flexible and feeling a lot better the next day."

Babel is confident his best is yet to come as he continues to build his fitness closer to the levels required for the 'crazy' world of English football.

"It's understandable I'm not playing 90 minutes. Physically I'm not yet at the point that I'm able to play 90 minutes in the crazy tempo of the Premier League," he added.

"Rafa Benitez said that he signed me because he wanted more players in the squad who can get past opponents. Of course my status as a young talent carries certain expectations but Liverpool see me as a rough diamond that needs to be cut and polished."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

So it's between Mouriniho and Rafa for the Barca job now....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3350213,00.html
    Reports emanating from Spain claim Rafa Benitez is Barcelona's first choice to replace Frank Rijkaard, should the Dutchman leave Camp Nou in the summer.

The Blaugrana boss has come under increased pressure this season as Barca trail arch rivals Real Madrid at the summit of La Liga.

Barca president Joan Laporta is thought to be considering Rijkaard's role, with Jose Mourinho strongly linked with a return to the club where he worked at the formative stage of his career, under both Sir Bobby Robson and Louis van Gaal.

However, according to Spanish dailies El Mundo Deportivo and Marca, it is Liverpool boss Benitez that occupies Laporta's thoughts.

Barca's board is thought to be split on who should come in should Rijkaard depart, with directors Ferran Soriano and Marc Ingla known to favour Mourinho.

Laporta a fan

It is, though, Laporta's opinion that carries most weight in the boardroom and if reports are to be believed, then it is Benitez that tops the club's wish-list.

Benitez's future on Merseyside has been the subject of conjecture for quite some time, with his disagreements with the club's American owners well documented.

Liverpool's failure to mount a serious title tilt this season following a heavy summer of investment has done little to quell speculation either, although the Anfield faithful continue to back the man who delivered a European Cup in 2005.

Benitez's hugely successful spell at Valencia ensures his stock shines bright in his homeland, but whether Barcelona make an approach in the summer could well depend on how their campaign concludes both domestically and in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sky reporting that Mascherano has been charged with improper conduct.

flanzer wrote: »
    So it's between Mouriniho and Rafa for the Barca job now....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3350213,00.html

Ah, it must be summer soon alright.

Benitez on his way.

Soon we will see stories about Gerrard going on his way.

I would also be willing to bet a not insubstantial sum that we even see at least one story during or before this summer printed that suggests Fernando Torres will be on his way out of Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Masch will miss 4 game I'd say. So Gerrard and AN Other in middle and two up front.

Hyypia to pen new deal, dont panic he understands he isn't expecting to play many games!

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Masch will miss 4 game I'd say. So Gerrard and AN Other in middle and two up front.

Lucas has a real opportunity here to step up to the plate and make a name for himself.

He could be looking at a 4 game run in the most crucial games of the season should he line out against Everton and thrice against the Gunners..

J.

Lucas has a real opportunity here to step up to the plate and make a name for himself.

He could be looking at a 4 game run in the most crucial games of the season should he line out against Everton and thrice against the Gunners..

J.

Masch won't be banned from Europe. No chance of Lucas starting against the Arse home or away (me hopes!)

if masch misses four games its the biggest ****ing farce i've ever heard.

Cole gets nothing for last week, despite his "dissent" being 10 ten times worse than masch, and coming along with a career threatening tackle? Terry gets nothing for grabbing a card out of a refs hand? ferguson gets 1 game in the stand for abusing clattenburg? but mascherano gets 4 games?!

I swear to god, words wont descibe how angry i'll be if that comes to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Cole gets nothing for last week, despite his "dissent" being 10 ten times worse than masch, and coming along with a career threatening tackle? Terry gets nothing for grabbing a card out of a refs hand? ferguson gets 1 game in the stand for abusing clattenburg? but mascherano gets 4 games?!

He refused to leave the pitch, plain and simple thats misconduct..3 games i would say

Well you know Liverpool's dirty cheating conduct on the field was bound to be punished sooner or later. :rolleyes:

Well you know Liverpool's dirty cheating conduct on the field was bound to be punished sooner or later. :rolleyes:

thats the main reason this would be piss me off so much, we would be being made scapegoats for something that we among the least worse offenders for!

and Killme00......

i get your point, but wat Cole did against Hutton last week was assault...5 years in prison? Common sense HAS to prevail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

and Killme00......

i get your point, but wat Cole did against Hutton last week was assault...5 years in prison? Common sense HAS to prevail.

I agree 100% and then he had the audacity to abuse hutton on the ground and then the ref but he is an english international and the rules are different for them

much like taxi drivers

so you agree with me ;)

A mad little Argie is the perfect scapegoat for the FA.

I'm trying not to get too pissed off about this as it hasnt happened yet, but if it does, it'd be a farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Killme00 wrote: »
    He refused to leave the pitch, plain and simple thats misconduct..3 games i would say

He was off the pitch within 30 seconds of being shown the red card, how is this refusing to leave the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

emc2 wrote: »
    He was off the pitch within 30 seconds of being shown the red card, how is this refusing to leave the pitch?

I think he'll be done for continuing his argument with the referee?? He'll be charged with dissent, maybe even bringing the game into disrepute???

so you agree with me ;)

A mad little Argie is the perfect scapegoat for the FA.

I'm trying not to get too pissed off about this as it hasnt happened yet, but if it does, it'd be a farce.

Liverpool have one of the best, if not, THE best disiplinary records in the Premiership this season, which should help Masch's case. Hopefully a fine will suffice. I'm like you Alan, my blood is boiling, and wholey blame Cashley Cole for Masch's sending off. A cheat on and off the field

Liverpool were the only team without a red card until Sunday and are second or third in the overall Fair Play league I think. Mach was unluckly insofar as his behaviour was as badly timed as could be, the FA were always going to make sure as message was sent out. He will not miss the CL games so he'll be fresh.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

flanzer wrote: »
    Liverpool have one of the best, if not, THE best disiplinary records in the Premiership this season, which should help Masch's case.
    Not quite THE best unfortunately. That'd be Man Utd as well. Best footballing team in the land and the fairest by the looks of things.
    http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable/0,,12306,00.html

Well Utd would, Fergie has every ref running for cover.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159322080326-1618.htm

Masch has been charged with improper conduct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mike65 wrote: »
    Well Utd would, Fergie has every ref running for cover.

Mike.
    Not according to this he hasn't. http://www.rightresult.net/
    Now Liverpool on the other hand...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

If it takes the FA to make an example of Mascherano I'll take it, only if it brings consistency into referees decisions in the future. I'm sick of seeing players mouthin' off to refs, f*ckin pathetic. The ref ain't gonna change his mind when he blows the whistle for a freekick/penalty.

[edit -psi] Funny, but not entirely appropriate.

What really happened to masc on sunday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

LOL that's prolly gonna get you banned...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

prendy wrote: »
    http://www.duckyshack.co.uk/u/2503/f88580865.gif

What really happened to masc on sunday!!!

Almost as pathetic as saying he didn't deserve to be booked...

Typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its ****in hilarious in fairness!!! i cant see the need for a banning there, most liverpool fans acknowledge he had to go so why not poke fun at the situation rather then make a big deal out of it now??

as a united fan i can tell you i really did laugh out loud for that one!!! bookmarked and saved to the computer aswell ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Yeah hopefully maybe the fact Liverpool are in the "big 4" we can flex a bit of muscle so they go a little easier on him.
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    If it takes the FA to make an example of Mascherano I'll take it, only if it brings consistency into referees decisions in the future. I'm sick of seeing players mouthin' off to refs, f*ckin pathetic. The ref ain't gonna change his mind when he blows the whistle for a freekick/penalty.

Yeah it might help a little between now and the end of the season, with the emphasis on "little" but wait til ya see next season, back screaming and running around after refs again. Its down right disgraceful what some professionals do, i know they are highly charged for many games with a lot at stake, but most of us that play amateur sport (any sports!) take it seriously too and know we wouldnt be let away with swearing at a referee, let alone scream into their face, or man handle them.

LOL that's prolly gonna get you banned...

why?
    its only a laugh in a pool thread?
    i thought it was brilliant and had to share it!
    posting it in the manc thread may get a banning:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The same rules apply over all the Soccer forum.

1. It wasn't funny
    2. It had gay sex at the end

Not suitable for this thread/forum/site

Idiot whoever posted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The whole bumming thing at the end. I'm not saying I didn't laugh at it, it's fuckin hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,303 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

gay sex between fergie and steve bennet isnt funny

altho i cant even type that without laughing :D

zAbbo wrote: »
    The same rules apply over all the Soccer forum.

1. It wasn't funny
    2. It had gay sex at the end

Not suitable for this thread/forum/site

Idiot whoever posted it

emm have you read the charter? it says nothing of the sort... if the mods think it isnt suitable they can move it the Humor or most likely the Lolocaust forum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The overall forum rules supersede individual forum stickie charters, I'm here long enough to know that posting crap animcated gifs of Alex Ferguson having gay sex with Steve Bennet would fall outside of what is acceptable.
    ForumRules wrote:
    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

posts of those types are posted every day - have you been to After Hours, PI, Lolocaust lately??

as i said if it needs to be moved, then move it but tbh i have seen a lot worse around here over the years...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement