Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lets get this straight, you dont see a distinction between a one of non-serious incident and a one of major incident?

Re:Gerrard/Neville:
    well maybe you should familiarise yourself with the songs sung by both sets of fans before laying your "liverpool fans were atrocious" tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

when the name of the thread is fixed, it should be named - "Having a Bad Day? Have a Go at Liverpool in Here"

How retarded is it giving out about what fans sing? It is harsh but it is part & parcel of the game. I have been to three derbies, two in Goodison and if you think the crap we give Neville is bad you should see the abuse Stevie gets at Goodison.

Stiiing in the thrird row beside the corner flag when stevie took a couple of corners, it was disgusting what the everton fans were saying to him and he never batted an eyelid. So now coz silly billy philly feels he was harshly treated liverpool and as Mr. Anderson said
    There are countless times we can hear chants of abuse from opposing fans during matches but the way they were getting at Neville when he was right beside them was disgusting.

Liverpool fans are getting abuse. Now i agree that there is no call to lay your hands on a player but i saw nothing of the sort during the game whether i missed it or not. And if people really have complaints about verbal abuse at matches I would suggest you should either find a new sport like golf or bowls or else grow pair coz it's not gonna stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I honestly didn't hear them do anything to Gerard. If they did fair enough. But they were extremely aggressive to Neville and the fact they were so close along with their behaviour is why I think it was so bad.
    Saying it's only a once off isn't much of an excuse for me. That's trying to dismiss it as trivial and because it only happened once let it go. But if something 'worse' happened involving the fans we shouldn't let that go? Don't see a distinction really

You obviously weren't watching the game if you didn't see the Everton supporters have a go at Gerrard in the corner.
    He reacted the same as Neville, he paid no heed and got on with it.
    Its part of football, especially local rivals.

In the reverse match at Goodison, you'll most probably see the same treatment but obviously the other way around.

The person who physically pushed Neville should be banned, there's dickheads everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Mr Alan wrote: »
    lets get this straight, you dont see a distinction between a one of non-serious incident and a one of major incident?

Re:Gerrard/Neville:
    well maybe you should familiarise yourself with the songs sung by both sets of fans before laying your "liverpool fans were atrocious" tag.

Two fans rolling the ball back and forth to one another is a big incident. You're the one trying to fob it off as not being so. They directly interfered with play. I don't think you can get more obvious than that as major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Did anyone else get stung by the ronaldo story on spin 1038 this monring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I honestly didn't hear them do anything to Gerard.
    Really? Ther was one incident during the second half when he went to take a corner and the way the Everton fans were going mental at him was.....well.....mental.

Call_me_al wrote: »

Liverpool fans are getting abuse. Now i agree that there is no call to lay your hands on a player but i saw nothing of the sort during the game whether i missed it or not. And if people really have complaints about verbal abuse at matches I would suggest you should either find a new sport like golf or bowls or else grow pair coz it's not gonna stop.
    You didn't see them abusing him? They were practically saying it in his ear. He was back against the boards to take a throw and several fans were right up behind him. Happened each time he was over at that side taking the throw

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Really? Ther was one incident during the second half when he went to take a corner and the way the Everton fans were going mental at him was.....well.....mental.

I didn't see the whole match so I probably missed what happened with him. I saw one corner he took where stuards were standing between him and the boarding but didn't see the fans going at him the way i saw them going at Neville a few times. I'm not saying they didn't, just saying I didn't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stiiing in the thrird row beside the corner flag when stevie took a couple of corners, it was disgusting what the everton fans were saying to him and he never batted an eyelid. So now coz silly billy philly feels he was harshly treated liverpool and as Mr. Anderson said
    Why are you blaming Neville? I don't think he actually said anything. I think Everton were just responding to Rafa's comments about Gerrard getting abuse and they were just saying it was on both sides.

• Advertisement

Two fans rolling the ball back and forth to one another is a big incident. You're the one trying to fob it off as not being so. They directly interfered with play. I don't think you can get more obvious than that as major.

thats my point, it wasnt two fans rolling the ball back and forth to eachother, the ball was thrown toward the Everton player, but only got as far as a young liverpool fan, he then threw the back back from where it came :) then they attempted to get the ball to the Everton player again, and it landed at the same young lad, who ****ed it away again! so, one fan threw the ball away twice.

someone phone Uefa,kicked out of the CL? points deduction maybe?

the game is being sanitised beyond belief. i genuinely worry about it sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

How retarded is it giving out about what fans sing? It is harsh but it is part & parcel of the game.

So its ok to be a complete and utter dick, since thats part and parcel of football?

I'm well aware thats part of the game. I'm saying it shouldn't be.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why are you blaming Neville? I don't think he actually said anything. I think Everton were just responding to Rafa's comments about Gerrard getting abuse and they were just saying it was on both sides.

yea was a bit silly rafa using the stevie songs, most people dont care about them, and we sing our own share of "colourful songs" part and parcel as i've said.

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    So its ok to be a complete and utter dick, since thats part and parcel of football?

well sepp blatter why don't we play behind closed doors too....

well sepp blatter why don't we play behind closed doors too....

Way to put words and way-over-the-top ideas in my mouth and head there.

NotWormBoy wrote: »

so would you stand there in silence? or sing "Liiiiiiiverpooooooooool" over and over?

• Advertisement

so would you stand there in silence? or sing "Liiiiiiiverpooooooooool" over and over?

As you're well aware, there are plenty of chants/songs that don't revolve around abuse.

You didn't see them abusing him? They were practically saying it in his ear. He was back against the boards to take a throw and several fans were right up behind him. Happened each time he was over at that side taking the throw

did you read my post i said i never saw him touched. and what you described was what happened to liverpool players yesterday and at other derbies.

listen lads whoever made the complaint or whatever who cares. in the prem league it is a mans game and if you cant take the heat do a jason lee and go play for some crap conference team.

otherwise get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Nothing to do with Phil Neville it all started as Benithez mentioned the chants from the Everton fans. Everton have come back with their own statement.

and plenty that revolve around both, just the way it should be, i hate all this friendly friendly ****e :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Man United Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Take the Liverpool Everton match nonsense to its own thread or the Liverpool thread.

As for tonight, i hope that wet dream team plays. Carlos and Rooney to score, and Utd to win 3-1 :D

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Man United Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Take the Liverpool Everton match nonsense to its own thread or the Liverpool thread.

As for tonight, i hope that wet dream team plays. Carlos and Rooney to score, and Utd to win 3-1 :D

i wonder whether he's being sarcastic? if not, how embarrassing! :D

get out.

or i'll ban you.

get out.

or i'll ban you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ha ha ha someone has fallen for it !!!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Another one?

\0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Thats balls :mad:

Go Balls Deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

get out.

or i'll ban you.

there's only two Mr Alans, only two Mr Alans!

Tauren-Banned.

Its after 12 now, shouldnt the name be changed back!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its after 12 now, shouldnt the name be changed back!?

No I like it like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bentley on the way out of Edwood Park. He has dropped as big a hint as you can really. Should Liverpool move for him with Pennant going the other way if possible?

Mike.

• Advertisement

abso-****ing-lutely! do it Rafa! :)

he would definitely need to step up to a higher standard if he was the only right winger to come in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A big incident? LOL!!!

You might need a bit of perspective on what a big incident is really. Coin throwing is a big incident, racist chanting is a big incident, pitch invasion is a big incident. Fans not giving the ball back is not a big incident. There is more than one ball at a football ground and refs can add on time if more than 10 seconds is taken up by it.

Two fans rolling the ball back and forth to one another is a big incident.

actually on the day thats in it, it may be worth asking....was this a piss take?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

congratualations someone managed to find a way to generate regular dicussion in the man utd thread :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Bentley would be a decent buy if we could get him for <10mil.

Certainly the team needs more decent corner takers other than Aurelio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

You mean a better corner than Gerrard. Why is it that a professional footballer cannot cross a ball from the corner past the 1st man/near post anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

5starpool wrote: »
    Fans not giving the ball back is not a big incident. There is more than one ball at a football ground and refs can add on time if more than 10 seconds is taken up by it.
    I do remember reading before that Anfield doesn't actually have ball boys on duty for Premier League matches so it's quite possible that getting the ball back could take a while for the opposition :). You are right that the referee should be able to add time on if required but they rarely do in practice.

From the Mirror, an Everton spokesperson has said, "In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should remember his comments of 12 months ago, when he refered to us as "small club", respect is a 2 way street."

GET THE **** OVER IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The whole ball throwing incident was a bit ridiculous but the ref acknowledged it and told Howard there'd be extra time for it. So it's all much ado about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pennant + 7 million for Bentley would be a fantastic deal, but personally, I don't think he's what Liverpool needs. They are setting themselves up as a team who don't win the game by headers, but by pacey attacking play, often on the counter attack. Somebody like Ashley Young would be a much better target, Pennant + 10-15 million would probably get him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

the game is being sanitised beyond belief. i genuinely worry about it sometimes.

it is. like when fans are giving out because they think a commentator is biased against their club, its a joke.

oh wait...........

bentley would be a class addition to liverpools team, surely in this new formation he would take kuyts place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

event wrote: »
    it is. like when fans are giving out because they think a commentator is biased against their club, its a joke.

oh wait...........

bentley would be a class addition to liverpools team, surely in this new formation he would take kuyts place?

In that case, we'll give Blackburn Kuyt and Pennant for Bentley

Two birds, one stone. No more Kuyt and a promising right winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

From the Mirror, an Everton spokesperson has said, "In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should remember his comments of 12 months ago, when he refered to us as "small club", respect is a 2 way street."

GET THE **** OVER IT!

Just don't act all huffy next time another teams fans don't show you "respect" :)

i'd keep Kuyt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would be quite happy with Bently coming in. Judging by Rafa's comments we're guaranteed a senior first 11 player and 2 youths anyway, prob already mentioned but too much lookin back thru pages to be doin in an internet cafe!

Only just found out we won the Derby - the winning streak continues! fingers crossed for tomorrow night now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

~Rebel~ where have you been?

I dont think Sparky would be much interested tbh (how would be?).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

id keep kuyt too...he does set up alot of attacks.
    i dint like him but he's growing on me and id say raffa likes his commitment and workrate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote: »
    ~Rebel~ where have you been?

I dont think Sparky would be much interested tbh (how would be?).

Mike.

I had enough with work so moved up a mountain in Austria with the bird. Up by the Stubai Glacier in a place called Neustift doing as much snoboarding as i can manage. Gonna try and get a part time job to pay the rent and otherwise live a carefree lifestyle for a few months! Bit of a treck to the nearest internet cafe and nowhere that i've found shows the premiership, which is ghey, though Im workin on gettin to use a wi-fi conenction where im staying which will fix all my problems and make this place pretty much Paradise!

<edit> worth mentioning the Spanish national team are staying in the same vally for the Euro's! Nando stalkig here i come!

Assuming decent prices were to be gotten for them, and assuming we were going to get rid of two of Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin, who would people like to keep from the three of them?

I'm guessing most would choose to get rid of Voronin, but who would be the other one to get rid of and who would be kept? Why? Its a toss up between Crouch and Kuyt, Kuyt overall is the better player for me, but Crouch does offer us a much different option. One sometimes we might need to get back into a game, or change things around if a game is stalemated. Kuyt's a great workhorse, and I think he's better than he's shown this season, but he doesn't offer too much and might not be missed as much as Crouch, especially if the money from the two of them was used to buy another striker. Your thoughts?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement