Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kewell to join Juve. Saw the rumours a few days back - it looks like it could actually happen.

from The Mail
    Confirmation of the Bianconeri’s attraction to Kewell comes from fellow Aussie and current Torino midfielder Vincenzo Grella.

"It hasn't been talked about that much but when I was at Parma with Ranieri he asked for a lot of information about Harry,” Grella told the Herald Sun newspaper in Australia.

"At that stage he didn't talk about a Kewell move to Juventus because he didn't know he was going to become the manager of Juventus.

"He was one of maybe three or four Aussies Ranieri asked me about.

"But he does know of the Aussie players and loves the mentality. He thinks that we're very underestimated as players. It could be an advantage for him."

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bloody hell, they must be stuck, wonder will his missus allow him to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Juventus stocking up on a Liverpool reject....err....again.

May they keep buying!

T4TF is right to wonder about his missus - she calls the shots I suspect.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yeah and I'm sure she'd hate to leave Liverpool to head out near the Riviera for a couple of years.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney has been playing great, like absolutely fantastically over the past 2 months, and for most of the season when hes fit. He hasn't been finisihing well, but if this is Rooney playing badly, I'll happily take Rooney playing badly for the rest of the season, and Fergie said the same thing.

Kuyt has been poor for a lot of the season, but in the past 2 games he's put in some real workmanlike performances and they've paid off, he's played in two matches where heart matters most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    Kuyt has been poor for a lot of the season, but in the past 2 games he's put in some real workmanlike performances and they've paid off, he's played in two matches where heart matters most.

He's been working like that all season, but people only notice when he pops up with a goal aswell.

There has been countless times he's put in telling tackles on the edge of our box or broken down attacks before they get a chance to begin but this all gets lost when watchign highlights of games and all people see is that Kuyt didnt score (and also dont seem to factor in that he's playing as a winger)

spockety wrote: »
    Yeah and I'm sure she'd hate to leave Liverpool to head out near the Riviera for a couple of years.... :rolleyes:

It might come as a shock but not everyone wants to move to a foreign country , with a language they probably dont speak just because it's sunny. Then theres the issue with the kids and school etc.. A lot of people are happy where they are happy living in their home country and holidaying abroad.

PHB wrote: »
    Rooney has been playing great, like absolutely fantastically over the past 2 months, and for most of the season when hes fit. He hasn't been finisihing well, but if this is Rooney playing badly, I'll happily take Rooney playing badly for the rest of the season, and Fergie said the same thing.

He hasput in real workmanlike performances all season, I am not sure what games you were watching but he has been doing that all season. Yes he has been a bit shy in front of goals (a lot like rooney) but he works hard all of the time and he is starting to get his reward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Skrtel, Carragher, Riise, Pennant, Benayoun, Lucas, Plessis, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Gerrard, Torres, Voronin.

The team is in!

Formation?

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Skrtel-Arbeloa
    Plessis-Lucas
    Pennant-Benayoun-Riise
    Crouch.

Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Gerrard, Torres, Voronin.

• Advertisement

PLaying for the draw then.

Nice to see Hyppia sticking around - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159431080405-1153.htm

BTW, who does this young lad remind you of, reminds me of somebody but cannot think who it is, ex/currrent player maybe.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/plessi/

would love to see another one of these too.

Brilliant trick by Rafa, the Arsenal midfield will pass to the wrong player!

A draw? Pah!

No surprise about Hyypia - He's having an Indian Summer.

Arsenal team

Manuel Almunia
    Kolo Touré
    Justin Hoyte
    Armand Traore
    William Gallas
    Emmanuel Eboue
    Gilberto
    Cesc Fabregas
    Mathieu Flamini
    Theo Walcott
    Nicklas Bendtner

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Interesting lineup alright.

Well, it could be one of those things where all those players decide to step it up and show they are not Liverpool's 'also rans' and put in a stellar performance.

Or they could show us that Liverpool really do not have a squad strong enough to be able to make these kind of changes.

Or it could be something in between. ;)

sopcast 18132

Mike.

Well since both teams are weakened I would imagine it will be an interesting one. I do think that Plessis/Lucas will have trouble with Fab, the good news is Bendtner is starting, that could mean at least one goal they won't score :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

mike65 wrote: »
    Far too many average players shine in the Eredivisie - David Connelly for example.

Mike.

whos david connelly,is he irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Backs to the wall job, hope we dont concede an early goal.

dc69 wrote: »
    whos david connelly,is he irish?

Nope, He's English.

for non sopcast fans

http://www.hot.ee/lencstream/

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mike65 wrote: »
    for non sopcast fans

http://www.hot.ee/lencstream/

Mike.

Shows a picture of a monkey holding a camcorder.

Not broadcasting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Glad to see Yossi's playing in the 'hole', I've been hoping Rafa would try him there. Pennant looking alright so far.

Ok, someone tell Lucas he needs to go into tackles with a little bit more conviction.

Plessis lad looks OK so far, dropping short and willing to look for the ball.

• Advertisement

machiavellianme its deffo working, Liverpool are knocking it about quite nicely - Riise blasted over when he should have scored and Crouchy waas ruled offisde wrongly when clean through.

Mike.

Lucas runs the exact same way as Heinze...

Hows that for an observation.

We're actually passing more smoothly than we have for some time. Crouch is playing really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone else reeeeaaallly dislike Jermaine Pennant?

Xavi6 wrote: »

Nah, can't say I've ever met the man.

• Advertisement

You, me, and about 94% of all EPL fans...

get in, crouch :)

1-0 Crouchy

Route 1 Arsenal, no need for all this faffing about.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

brilliant goal stupid sky sports though,
    deserved too.

what?? Pennant is hard working player,
    with a bad boy attitude that you just can't tame!

Crouch you genius. I'll be so sorry if we sell this man.

mayordenis wrote: »
    brilliant goal stupid sky sports though,
    deserved too.

Aye, like they couldn't have kept the 60 seconds worth of analysis of eboue's
    rubbish crosses until half time? goddamit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mayordenis wrote: »
    what?? Pennant is hard working player,
    with a bad boy attitude that you just can't tame!

Renegade with nothing to loose.

I can understand why quite a few dislike Pennant based on what he has done over the years. Saying that, he has calmed down majorly.

Arsenal crowd booing! Apart from a 7/8 min spell Liverpool were comfortably on top. Frankly Wenger must be doing his nut at his side. Plessey has looked very good.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Great goal by Crouch, delighted for him. We are actually playing surprisingly well considering we have our B team out.

No Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel, Kuyt or Torres.

Plesis looks quite confident and is doing ok. Made a couple of dodgy passes though.

How annoying is it for Sky to show two repeats and make us almost miss the goal ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Plessis has looked well from what ive seen(was listening on the radio for the first 20 minutes), just like he has done in the reserves. Always looking for the ball, gets it down and passes it around. Hasn't put in too many tackles like he does for the reserves. I said it months back, he's like a better Sissoko in that he can actually play football.

Great goal from Crouchy, i understand why he doesnt start(as everyone does im sure) but its good to see he can still do it after so long on the bench. I expect him to get another or maybe 2 in the 2nd half.

Havent looked in trouble at all, cruising to a victory at the minute.

And how poor is Bendtner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Melion wrote: »
    Havent looked in trouble at all, cruising to a victory at the minute.

And how poor is Bendtner?

Bolton were thinking the same last week I'm sure.Don't awaken the Internet Jinx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

stuck in college studyin so cant watch the game, how's plessis getting on? does he look out of his depth?

Good goal, hopefully ye can hold on.

Cant help but focus on this match from a Man Utd point of view, and this is perfect. Even ignoring the fact that this will effectively end Arsenal's title challenge, it helps us for next Sunday. Arsenal look knackered enough as it is, now they have to put in a huge effort in this second half, as well as on Tuesday which would have them completely wrecked for us next weekend.

Gwan the pool!

stuck in college studyin so cant watch the game, how's plessis getting on? does he look out of his depth?

Not at all, him and Lucas are holding their own against Gilberto and Fabregas

1-1, bendner

bollox bad first 10 minutes of the 2nd half for liverpool capped with a bentner goal.

It was always going to be Bendtner wasnt it :(

Reina getting slack for not coming out, when he does he gets slack for messing up. He cant get a break(was going to say catch a break but too easy for a joke :D )

just add it to the list, zonal marking, reina, rotation etc.

Hell, Andy Gray just took the opportunity to make the original point that 'for a such a big man' Crouch is rubbish at headers. Never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Oh well done to whoever said we were cruising to 3pts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement