Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

MOTM Masch - everywhere - chasing down everyone. Fairytale stuff. Alternative MOTM Senderos - changed the game - shook his own team by not marking Hyypia in the first half. Dropped off Torres (all credit to Torres though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

jaysus some run by walcott for the goal

was never in a million years a penalty

great finish by babel at the end

all in all, good game but harsh on arsenal, two penalty decisions over the two legs which were both wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That game damn near killed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Where's the Arsenal fan who posted here saying we'd get a controversial penalty. Spot on son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

as a nuetral, the right team went through, congrats.... senderos was woeful, masch and kuyt were brilliant, gl against chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stekelly wrote: »
    That game damn near killed me.

Me two....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Brady: Liverpool didn't deserve to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ha classic. Brady let the cat out of the bag regarding Chelsea winning in their tie :rolleyes:

Where's the Arsenal fan who posted here saying we'd get a controversial penalty. Spot on son!

There'd have been no problem if Arsenal had been given the same peno or if they had been given the one in the first leg and Liverpool got the one tonight. It was a peno and the only reason there is doubt it because of the first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Fecks sake so disappointed, feel like crying..

Senderos left ous all those down..

Yee will take some stopping now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

spockety wrote: »
    Brady: Liverpool didn't deserve to go through

It was....

'Liverpool were lucky to go through.'

Still, same olde. we're lucky every time in the CL. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

What a game. Harsh on Arsenal given both pen decisions but that why I love Champions League. Few others places let you be 4 mins away from going out only for your captain to step up and smash a pen that puts you through.

Fair play Pool.

What a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote: »
    Gona be a fun semi :)

Rafa's outthought Mourinho every time he's played him, but Chelsea have one big advantage this time, Grant doesn't think, so Rafa can't outthink him :)

I'm absolutely amazed that Gerrard and Carragher still haven't got bookings, surely they will in the Chelsea game?

What a nightmare scenario. Going to Stamford bridge possibly needing a win without Gerrard or Carragher.

Brady can hardly expect to be taken seriosuly when he's defending his boss.

Boo hoo, dont slag poor Arsene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Poor Brady. Leave Wenger ALONE!! Leave him alone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The yellow card thing is a concern. A 3-0 win in the first leg is required, so.

Essien missing in the first leg is handy.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Bradys right about the piece about Wenger, ridiculous crap

Tusky wrote: »
    What a nightmare scenario. Going to Stamford bridge possibly needing a win without Gerrard or Carragher.

Worse still. Goign to the final without them would be the worst thing imaginable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

dunphy has him rattled

It's ridiculous having Brady on the panel. Someone might say well they have Souness covering Liverpool. But Brady is Arsenal staff, currently, it's a bad show.

Is there nobody ex arsenal they could get? O'Leary? Stapleton?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Essien misses the first leg at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Brady ye lost, get over it...:D

Stekelly wrote: »
    Worse still. Goign to the final without them would be the worst thing imaginable.

They are going to pick up a yellow at some stage. Its definitely going to happen..so they will either miss the second leg of the semi final or (if we go through) the final. Nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's the thing. Surely Gerrard won't be able to go 2 games without getting a booking against Chelsea??
    Especially if you guys are defending backs against the ball defending a lead in the 2nd leg.

Was surprised he didn't try get a booking and miss out on the first tie.

Evra tried to do that in the first Roma game, but the ref was onto him and told him he wasn't going to book him. Thought it was hilarious at the time, but jesus if he was out tomorrow we'd be ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Having a premade piece about how he's lost it is bad form, especially the jibes from Dunphy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Brady just had a micky fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

whew...amazing. Thought Carra's attacking and distribution tonight were very decent compared to his usual at center.

Also its entirely likely that we will have 3 English teams in the semi finals. Possible finals (if Man U & Barca go through).

Liverpool v Man U
    Chelsea V Man U
    Liverpool V Barcelona
    Chelsea V Barcelona

I know which one the world would want to see...

Also its entirely likely that we will have 3 English teams in the semi finals. Possible finals (if Man U & Barca go through).

Liverpool v Man U
    Chelsea V Man U
    Liverpool V Barcelona
    Chelsea V Barcelona

I know which one the world would want to see...

I'd take the 3rd one thanks very much.
    Obviously not the 2nd or 4th, but jesus I doubt if hearts on either side could handle the 1st.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the ****e about Torres not scoring in the big games will go away now.

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Porto (a)
    Marseille (a) x 2
    Inter (a)

All in his first season.

29 goals in all comps. 6 in 10 in the champions league.

Just thinking, we have no Agger to fend off Drogba. Would Skrtl be up to the job? Also Cech will be back for the semis :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Porto (a)
    Marseille (a) x 2
    Inter (a)
    Marseille is hardly a big game. They're the 4th best team in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah .. as GH said on RTE .. 11 goals in 11 games, great run he's having.

Semi should be good .. Carra had a good game. As did Masch. I wonder if he will go back to Torres on his own up top in the 1st game ... might work better against Chelski.

Pighead wrote: »
    Marseille is hardly a big game. They're the 4th best team in France.
    Course its a big game .. 2 goals away from home in the CL is never easy. Especially in the groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

GBX wrote: »
    Course its a big game .. 2 goals away from home in the CL is never easy. Especially in the groups.

And needing to win the game to go through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'll remember this next time people Ronaldo doesn't score in big games :)

:confused: He scored 1 goal away from home against Marseille ya big eejit!

Also can we all just appreciate Sami's goal. What a header, the man is a red legend and deserves the new contract he's just signed.

EDIT: I believe Torres scored 2 against Porto, and one against Marseille. Both games away from home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that sorta stick hangs around all good players like a bad smell. its mostly idiots who come up with crap like that cos they dont see a certain players name on the scoresheet in a big game so they slam their face into the keyboard.

chelski booing their own players at stamford bridge? see yas in the semi's lads ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

phew like the rest of ye im still shaking

have to say dirk kuyt was my MOM, all the stick he has gotten, this past month the guy has been immense and showed a cool head in the last 5 mins

when is bill going to call dunphy up on that comment of liverpool not going to be anywhere near winning the CL!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

:confused: He scored 1 goal away from home against Marseille ya big eejit!

I just quoted "tusky" saying Marseille (a) x 2 ... I aint no eejit...
    :mad::o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'd love a pool/man u final.

Feck it - either ride into the sunset with the prom queen on your lap half naked or go down in a blaze of glory.

Looking increasingly likely. I reckon ye'll do away with the chelski.

Cyrus wrote: »
    when is bill going to call dunphy up on that comment of liverpool not going to be anywhere near winning the CL!

:D:D:D
    Leave him be ... dont want Bill O putting the mockers on us ..

Kuyt is a credit to the jersey. he sheer amount of times he clears balls from his own box is staggering, then he is straight back down the other end attacking.

At one stage he chased a ball into the depths of the Arsenal box but could'nt get there. Almunia takes the goal kick and its Kuyt who headign it clear 30 yards into our half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Congrats on your win. But man do the cards fall for liverpool!

I'd love a pool/man u final.

Feck it - either ride into the sunset with the prom queen on your lap half naked or go down in a blaze of glory.

Looking increasingly likely. I reckon ye'll do away with the chelski.

It's shapign up for us missing some very big players in the final though, with Carra and Gerrard on suspensions.

I just quoted "tusky" saying Marseille (a) x 2 ... I aint no eejit...
    :mad::o
    Ah right I see. Oi Tusky, edit your post, your misinformation is misleading the fairweather fans who don't watch most of the games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Skrtle was very good tonight, I would imagine he could handle Drogba no bothers.

Ah right I see. Oi Tusky, edit your post, your misinformation is misleading the fairweather fans who don't watch most of the games.
    I aint no fairweather fan either ... mister "I know everything"
    My memory aint that great is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah .. as GH said on RTE .. 11 goals in 11 games, great run he's having.

Semi should be good .. Carra had a good game. As did Masch. I wonder if he will go back to Torres on his own up top in the 1st game ... might work better against Chelski.

I hope so. Leave Gerrard on the left again and watch him disapear for another 90 minutes and we can't afford that against Chelsea. Babel on the left and Gerrard in the hole gives better balance anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement