Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

mike65 wrote: »
    Er Tusky the game is tomorrow.

Mike.

I'm aware of that Mike but thats for looking out for me! Going over for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just out of curiosity, why would he field a strong team today Tusky? I hope you are not travelling expecting to see a game today.

And as for your sentiment, I too hope that we field a full strength team, need to push on now before we have to play in CL again, would be the only reason I would accept dropping players now.

Edit - see you have already been advised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The media is based in London, how they lament about Arsenals attacking football as if it was Brazil 1970 reborn is somewhat annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

In fairness Brian Reade is a huge Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I got a fright after reading Tusky's comment. Thankfully the game hasn't been moved forward 24 hours :)
    Looking at the Blackburn team I see that Stephen Warnock will probably play. Anyone got any thoughts on Warnock? Did we let him go too early? Is he better than Riise or Aurelio?

Personally I remember him as a solid, unspectacular full back. His general level of performance is about he same as Riise now but in his prime Riise was the better player and I certainly think Fabio Aurelio and Alvaro Arbeloa are better players.

Some Warnock videos:

Scoring against Fulham

Pranking Riise with a Gum Wrapper

Now hopefully I've jinxed him so he has a nightmare tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is a crazy story...

Physco threatened to shoot Gerrard?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

we should send that kinsella fella around to hicks' house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dub13 scroll back 2/3 pages.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mike65 wrote: »
    Dub13 scroll back 2/3 pages.

Mike.

Thats the prob with this thread its to big...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

malice_ wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on Warnock? Did we let him go too early?

He was highly regarded for a while, but the two broken legs hindered his progress. Steady enough player but lacks real pace and quality on the ball so I don't think he was good enough to make it with us. We got a decent price for him, and he now gets to play regularly, so its worked out well for all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dub13 wrote: »
    This is a crazy story...

Physco threatened to shoot Gerrard?
    I mis-read that as "Physio threatened to shoot Gerrard" :D.
    Thats the prob with this thread its to big...

I don't want to open a can of worms but why there is a Spurs forum but not ones for teams with larger fanbases?

On the current page of the Liverpool thread alone we have discussions on players being bought and sold, transfer rumours, articles from the media, past players and the team captain being threatened with assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Its amazing how easy it is to misinterpret, mis read, mis hear stories.

For example yesterday I heard a radio headline 'Parry refuses to leave liverpool' and what I thought I heard was 'Harry refuses to leave Liverpool' - I almost crashed.

Today I saw this headline on my I google page:
    'Texas entrepeneur wins Miss USA' and it immediately made me think, isn't there anything that b*stard can't ruin, first Liverpool, now Miss USA. Anyway the full story was as linked Link

Being a pool fan is obviously a 24hr a day job.

For example yesterday I heard a radio headline 'Parry refuses to leave liverpool' and what I thought I heard was 'Harry refuses to leave Liverpool' - I almost crashed.

A pitchfork-weilding mob would soon form :pac:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Toffees winning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Toffees winning :(

Not any more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

FT 1-1. Everton dropping points again.:) Let's hope we can shake them off the scent tomorrow so we can focus on the Chelsea games. And let's hope Arsenal can win and give Chelsea a sniff of an unlikely title tomorrow.

Good stuff.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Tuesdays game is on liverpool.tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

• Advertisement

Fair play to him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Stimpyone wrote: »

Great Vid, great programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Stimpyone wrote: »

Brilliant. Almost as entertaining as Dunphy vs Brady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

The latest installment from Hicks..

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=559299&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Tune in next week - well tomorrow more than likely - for the next update..

He's been a busy man trying to drag the clubs name through the dirt, cos there's more

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article3736096.ece

Beyond farce...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

From the frying pan into the fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

dc69 wrote: »

i dont think there are enough :eek: to get across how i feel about that story! the future of the club is in dire straights really....
    Beyond farce...

you can say that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

zing wrote: »
    The latest installment from Hicks..

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=559299&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Tune in next week - well tomorrow more than likely - for the next update..

Are the captions right in the photo there?

As for the times one, it seems Hicks is trying to use Rafa's popularity to endear himself to the fans. And a lot of what he says makes sense, about Parry, about the commercial end of the club and about his ambitions for LFC.

I can't believe him and as long as we're doing well the situation doesn't bother me, but if and when it spills onto the pitch:mad:

But, the fault is on the idiots who sold the club. Even if Hicks is the boll1x he's portraying himself as, he's only a businessman. I wouldn't expect any sentiment there. The other clowns were supposed to love the club, why'd they let it go so cheaply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Call_me_al wrote: »
    i dont think there are enough :eek: to get across how i feel about that story! the future of the club is in dire straights really....

you can say that again!

at least mcmanus and magnier are straight up and they are richer than hicks and gillete by about double each.If we cant get Dic,they will do

• Advertisement

Transfer targets known to Bayern Munich says Bascombe

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/rafas-klin-shoc.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Crisis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Almost too many 'revelations' to respond to or take in for that matter. Bottom line, Hicks has no credibility - professing he's in it to make the club great doesn't really stack up with anything he's done in the past. If the new Klinsmann story is true it continues to show an intention to directly meddle in on the pitch affairs - that alone is enough, the ridiculous idea that you share your transfer targets with another big clubs manager beggars belief. I want someone who's going to stay out of things other than provide money and the odd bland positive comment - nothing more - even Abramovich would be better than this (I'm not wishing him on us just noting the terrible situation we're in). Hicks will never win this PR battle - someone should tell him that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

It just wouldn't surprise me at this stage:O

We are going to be dragged along, seen only as a financial asset to hicks and out club, fan-base our franchise in general will be looked down upon and laughed at. Liverpool never publicly made clear their problems nor conducted them under the observation of the public eye.How can one man, single handed, since his arrival in the not so distant past demoralize a club to such an extent that it affected the on pitch performances of our players for a duration until they realized it was what they were to expect whilst this mad-man remained in charge. Gillette may be no angel but at least he seems publicly to try and seems to try to conduct some of the business in private. Hick's is a loud mouth idiot, who on his own conduct and morales, seems to be a strategic business-man who is all about lining his FAT CAT POCKETS! He plays his game very well and is obviously not influenced by the publics perception of him largely.He is trying to oust Parry from the board so he can have a 3 vs 3 board unlike the 4 - 2 that opposes him now. The suggestion that he is indeed using Jurgen K. as an adviser and second guesser to Rafa's transfer movements it is a clear indication that he wants to make sure his investments are those of proven sound quality that will return him his investment if not more. The situation is not a million miles away from what happened at Stamford bridge. Mourinho was second guessed and subsequently left as a result, So time will tell if Rafa will take the same route, although his endearing reputation and seemingly undying commitment to our club may just be the sticking factor that hopefully keeps the tactical mastermind with us. With the entire fan-base against him one would hope that hick's will see sense soon, sell up, bringing more money with him than he invested and feck right back to where he came from.Then perhaps we can repair the damage he has already inflicted on the club.

Basically he is some ****!

The only thing yet to be reaveled is that Hicks is in fact a member of the Illuminati and a lizard. I'll take the Murphia interest as a nothing story for now as there is not a single fact or even a quote to back it up.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

www.bbc.co.uk/sport

David Bentley will choose between either Liverpool or Chelsea as the Premier League giants wage a £15m fight for the Blackburn star this summer. (News of the World)

Portsmouth are winning a three-way fight ahead of Newcastle and Aston Villa to secure the services of Liverpool striker Peter Crouch in a £6m deal this summer. (News of the World)

yeah I know its notw but would have thought the Crouch would go for a lot more than £6m - current engerland international and all that considering Darren Bent went for close to £18m (?) last summer

Well Bent is probably a better player. Crouch also have the problem that it's his last year of contract, and since he's leaving cause he wants to leave, so the club are in a bad situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

and the fact that he has played about 18 seconds of first team football this year doesn't help either, all that on top of the fact that he is a mutant... poor lad.

Team news

Reina
    Arbeloa-Carra-Skrtel-Aurelio
    Alonso-Lucas
    Kuyt---Gerrard---Babel
    Torres

Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Voronin, Benayoun.

Mike.

Behrami keen on Anfield move

Lazio midfielder Valon Behrami is set to turn down overtures from West Ham in favour of a summer switch to Liverpool. Where would he fit into Rafa Benitez's midfield plans?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

• Advertisement

On the right wing.

He really is sticking to the old promise of not rotating any more this season.
    I guess a win here would effectively end Evertons chances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Behrami is a damned good right wing back too, strong little ****bag so he is, good signing for pool if they get him, can get a bit too "competitive" at times though...

alan wiley ugh . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mayordenis wrote: »
    alan wiley ugh . . .

He got the peno decision right though, was a dive.

The Samba one was definately a peno/free.

4 fouls in around the box and nothing but incorrect from the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Gerrard 0-2 Wiley Last one was a good shout.

Deflected from Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Referee forgot his guide dog this morning!

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    He got the peno decision right though, was a dive.

disagree there was contact yea he was looking for it but when you get the contact then its a peno.

babel was held back.

kuyt was taken down.

gerrard was busted in the back there. and it was the last man so should of been a red card.

that was a corner of sambas head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement