Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If he hadn't of dived for the first one and tried to con Wiley he might have got the second one but it was outside the box

mayordenis wrote: »
    disagree there was contact yea he was looking for it but when you get the contact then its a peno.

Nope look at the replay again, Gerrard stuck his leg out trying to make the contact Friedel had pulled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

disagree there was contact yea he was looking for it but when you get the contact then its a peno.

He was half way down before there was contact and it was him that flicked his leg into Friedel. There really isnt any way you can say it was a peno, especially after all the replays.

Was sure I saw the deflection on the shot though. No one seemed to look for a corner though.

The ref bottled the Samba barge , I'd imagine because he didnt fancy having to send him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Any chance of Gerrard staying on his feet today? FFS the 'peno' was a joke.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

fair enough, all im saying is when there is contact and you dont win the ball that would be deemed a foul regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Are you watching the same match as the rest of us?

fair enough, all im saying is when there is contact and you dont win the ball that would be deemed a foul regardless.

Not if its the player making contact with the keeper it isnt

lol watch it again watch his right leg bend, just watch it, he was going down, and it would of been pretty soft, anyway yea im just angry cause of all the other decisions on later reflection i'll probably agree with ye.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Any chance of Gerrard staying on his feet today? FFS the 'peno' was a joke.

As opposed to the stonawaller City got yesterday?. Give me a break.

Theres no doubt the one for the free on the edge of the box with Samba. 100% free in anyones language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lol watch it again watch his right leg bend, just watch it, he was going down, and it would of been pretty soft, anyway yea im just angry cause of all the other decisions on later reflection i'll probably agree with ye.

his right foot/leg does make contact with the keeper - however that is because Gerrard was (1) going down anyway and (2) Gerrard deliberately moved his leg to kick the keeper and make contact.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    As opposed to the stonawaller City got yesterday?. Give me a break.

Can't just deal with the game at hand no?

While our peno was soft yesterday it was karma for the joke of a peno Birmingham got last week. These things even themselves out and all that.

we are dealing with the game at hand, and if you used your eyes to read you would see that stekelly doesnt think it was a peno

Can't just deal with the game at hand no?

Why? Is there a rule that says you can criticise (on 2 seperate threads at the same time btw) without anyone being allowed reply?

Your a city fan who had no problem taking the peno yesterday, why is it not relevant when you come on here today?-

Plus, as Mayordenis says, I said plenty of times already it wasnt a peno, but you were suggesting he's falling all over the place. The Samba one was as clear cut as they come(for a free, it was obviously outside).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

hate these early kick offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Absolutely shambolic dive by stevie g. Judges scored it: 5/ 5.5/ 5.5/ 6/ 6 for artistic merit.

he was going down, friedel nowhere near him and he kicks friedel to try generate some contact. should have been booked and i even heard some people suggest a while back to send off divers. Ref bottled it. If it's no penno it's an obvious dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It does have the atmosphere of a funeral at Anfield alright.

we are dealing with the game at hand, and if you used your eyes to read you would see that stekelly doesnt think it was a peno

Use your eyes to see when I said he did.
    Why? Is there a rule that says you can criticise (on 2 seperate threads at the same time btw) without anyone being allowed reply?

Your a city fan who had no problem taking the peno yesterday, why is it not relevant when you come on here today?

No I never said there was a rule. You're merely using the Sturridge incident to deflect the point at hand which is Gerrard diving (again).

Use your eyes to see when I said he did.

No I never said there was a rule. You're merely using the Sturridge incident to deflect the point at hand which is Gerrard diving (again).

I brought that up once, when answering you. Yet there must be 3 or 4 posts where I said Gerrard dived (5 now) so how am I covering it up?

I brought that up once, when answering you. Yet there must be 3 or 4 posts where I said Gerrard dived (5 now) so how am I covering it up?

I never said anything about you 'covering it up'. We all know he dived so why the need to point to another incident that has nothing to do with today's game? That's all I'm saying.

ok gerrard dived end of discussion should of got a yellow then samba should of got a red.

• Advertisement

ok gerrard dived end of discussion should of got a yellow then samba should of got a red.

Yeah I'll agree on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

ok gerrard dived end of discussion should of got a yellow

Andy Gray thought it was clever play

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Andy Gray thinks too much

Andy Gray is a tool to be fair.

As is David Pleat. His punditry is pissing me off no end.

that changes everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Always depend on Andy Gray to give an honest, balanced and impartial view on Steven Gerrard:rolleyes:

gerrard ya diving git :D

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

Stevie G. Through the middle no less.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Unearthly wrote: »
    Always depend on Andy Gray to give an honest, balanced and impartial view on Steven Gerrard:rolleyes:
    Andy Gray= Legend;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Get in. Gerrard bursts through.

Surprised he didn't go down instead of stickin it away :D

Gerrard anticipated the foul, which it was, and loosened his muscles to avoid injury.

End of.

Surprised he didn't go down instead of stickin it away :D
    Surprised Samba didn't clatter into him.

Babel seemed to have his usual mediocre game when playign fromt he start. Better off stayign as a super sub(if it ain't brok etc etc etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Unearthly wrote: »

Yeah what's that all about, you'd swear he was his secret lovechild or something. Always surprised when Liverpool fans go on about Gray being anti-Liverpool when it couldn't be further from the truth.

And yes, he is a diving git, but because he's a propa aul British bulldog, Gray and Redknapp will say he was being 'clever', economical with his gravity.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard, He kisses the badge on his chest, Then puts in a transfer request, Steve Gerrard, Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Yeah what's that all about, you'd swear he was his secret lovechild or something. Always surprised when Liverpool fans go on about Gray being anti-Liverpool when it couldn't be further from the truth.

And yes, he is a diving git, but because he's a propa aul British bulldog, Gray and Redknapp will say he was being 'clever', economical with his gravity.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard, He kisses the badge on his chest, Then puts in a transfer request, Steve Gerrard, Gerrard

+1

Couldnt agree more. He's one of the biggest hypocrites in the English game is Gerrard.

Skrtel the dirty bastard.

mascherano got a red card for what jason roberts did there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Skrtel the dirty bastard.

Thats the kind of foul that makes me want to see sin-binning in soccer.

NotWormBoy wrote: »

Excellent point

• Advertisement

so much for consistency

If it was then most teams would be without a defence for larg parts of games.

Didi Hamann built a carreer on little cynical fouls like that.

Ashley Cole got nothing for offences trwice as bad as both.

he was the best fouler ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Maybe they'd stop fouling then.

So? Then maybe they'll learn not to do it. A yellow card means f*ck all to Skrtel this late in the season.

Nope youd just be hearing "the ref ruined the game with that red" only with " the sinbin...." every week.

They'd just get better at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Archimedes wrote: »
    +1

Couldnt agree more. He's one of the biggest hypocrites in the English game is Gerrard.

Ah nothing like the smell of irony in the morning. Man Utd fans going on about Gerrard being a diver, when their own hero Ronaldo is the accepted past master at it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No he didn't. If he continues to whinge and cry about every decision for the next 15mins and gets a yellow card, then he'll have done what mascherano did.

typical.

The general consesus during the week was that Walcott should have been taken down at some stage durign his run at the expense of a yellow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement