Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Red card for Emerton there + another peno.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

**** sake lads it was barely a foul, if you want to debate the introduction of a sinbin do it somewhere that isnt "liverpool rumours and general discussion" its completely off topic.

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tttttttttttttooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Stekelly wrote: »
    Nope youd just be hearing "the ref ruined the game with that red" only with " the sinbin...." every week.

Sure we get that anyways ;)

Gotta stop listening to them sometime though - let them whinge. I have no doubts that they won't introduce sin-binning, since they haven't got the bottle, but they should. Just like they should retroactivly punish diving, etc, but they won't.

But I suppose this is the LFC thread, I'll drop it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Up yours haters!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Red card for Emerton there + another peno.

ROFL suuuuuuure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fcuk sake, ref is taking the piss.

2-0 Torres. Sweet.

Peno number 3.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ROFL suuuuuuure

you're looking a bit silly at this stage, we get it you've got a completely blinkered view of this game,

that was the second professional foul, and should of been there second red, another peno there aswell, samba hasn't even been booked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dive number 2 or 3?

Neither. That would have been a soft peno, not adive or a hack down (have I got that right Xavi?:))

mayordenis wrote: »
    you're looking at this stage, we get it you've got a completely blinkered view of this game,

that was the second professional foul, and should of been there second red, another peno there aswell, samba hasn't even been booked.

Blinkered view? I'm watching this game as a neutral unlike you and your red tinted glasses. No way was it a peno and a red card. If something is a peno I'll be more than happy to say so. None of those incidents were definite penos.

Blinkered view? I'm watching this game as a neutral unlike you and your red tinted glasses. No way was it a peno and a red card.

not supporting either teams doesnt make you a nuetral.
    you clearly have a dislike for liverpool why do you feel the need to just sit in this thread acting like a child?

Blinkered view? I'm watching this game as a neutral unlike you and your red tinted glasses. No way was it a peno and a red card.

The colour of the card can be argued but it was one or the other and it cant be a card without a peno.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

lordgoat wrote: »
    Dive number 2 or 3?

How is it a dive? Contact was made, its slippery. Even a sure-footed mountain goat would have it hard under that kind of pressure. He didnt even contest a penalty at any point. Gerrard was harshly hauled out of it by Samba earlier. Suppose that was a dive too?
    Either way, he scored a beauty and set up another on his 300th appearance for his club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Gerrard dived again but Torres should have had a Peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

:rolleyes:There is no way you are neutral in this game.Give us a break will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Stky10 wrote: »
    Ah nothing like the smell of irony in the morning. Man Utd fans going on about Gerrard being a diver, when their own hero Ronaldo is the accepted past master at it.

but Ronaldo doesn't go around accusing other professionals of ruining the game by diving.

dobsdave wrote: »
    :rolleyes:There is no way you are neutral in this game.Give us a break will ya.

As neutral as he is with Sunderland I think he meant.:)

• Advertisement

not supporting either teams doesnt make you a nuetral.
    you clearly have a dislike for liverpool why do you feel the need to just sit in this thread acting like a child?

'Clearly'? Please explain

If anything I want them to win in order to keep Blackburn below us.

And as for my supposed acting like a child in your precious thread, is it because I'm not conforming to the Liverpool way that has you wanting me out?

Fair play to the lads today, was always a chance that the energy levels would be down after the midweek trashing of Arsenal. But they stuck at it, even though Blackburn were kicking the legs off most of them for the 90 minutes. Very questionable refereeing, Liverpool should have had two penalties and Samba and Emerton should have been off. But, job done. Roll on Fulham.

YNWA

Riise and Voronin combine for a goal. Who'da thiunk it. :D

Right, he's injured now, lets take him off, sell him and never speak of the man again.

good man voronin, increase your value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Surely the weekly fixture thread is a better place for all these annoying c*nt posts?

Delighted for Torres to keep up his scoring record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Blinkered view? I'm watching this game as a neutral unlike you and your red tinted glasses. No way was it a peno and a red card. If something is a peno I'll be more than happy to say so. None of those incidents were definite penos.
    Stop embarrassing yourself. 3-0

3-0 is a fair result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I hope someone is going to have a word with Gerrard about his diving. 2 more for the youtube clip today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

How is it a dive? Contact was made, its slippery. Even a sure-footed mountain goat would have it hard under that kind of pressure. He didnt even contest a penalty at any point. Gerrard was harshly hauled out of it by Samba earlier. Suppose that was a dive too?
    Either way, he scored a beauty and set up another on his 300th appearance for his club

No Samba should havewalked earlier but none of the penalty incidents were penalties. The last one gerrard left a leg trailing again, and went over too easily in my view. And yes either way he scored and set up good goals, and didn't win any penalties.

RasTa wrote: »
    I hope someone is going to have a word with Gerrard about his diving. 2 more for the youtube clip today.

Your someone, you ring him.

• Advertisement

Ffs.

Thought Aurelio could have doen with attacking that ball.

Consternation goal.

'Clearly'? Please explain

If anything I want them to win in order to keep Blackburn below us.

And as for my supposed acting like a child in your precious thread, is it because I'm not conforming to the Liverpool way that has you wanting me out?

how many people have you accused of not allowing you you're "non-conformist" views??
    look you know full well what you're doing its a big liverpool thread and you dont like liverpool, andyou're jus arguing points were you are clearly wrong.

Who mentioned a clean sheet?

Job done up yours Everton, 4th is safe now. Now come on Utd! :pac:

Mike.

Unearthly wrote: »
    but Ronaldo doesn't go around accusing other professionals of ruining the game by diving.

No, he goes around accusing other professionals of not giving him enough space to "do his skills" - his main skill being diving.

Lads, don't feed the troll(s). Only posting in this thread to get a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

That's gotta piss pepe off. Hasn't had a save to make then the defence hands one to santa cruz.

RasTa wrote: »

that video must be clutching at straws, i saw contact on both occassions.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Stop embarrassing yourself. 3-0

By disagreeing? Yeah sure.

3-1. Great finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No, he goes around accusing other professionals of not giving him enough space to "do his skills" - his main skill being diving.

Indeed, cause in order for a dive to work, you need to have no players around you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Lads, don't feed the troll(s). Only posting in this thread to get a reaction.

Couldn't agree more. This thread is a fukking nightmare on match days.

how many people have you accused of not allowing you you're "non-conformist" views??
    look you know full well what you're doing its a big liverpool thread and you dont like liverpool, andyou're jus arguing points were you are clearly wrong.

'Clearly' wrong? Well the ref agrees me with me so 'clearly' not.

Look this thread isn't just a Liverpool love in. It's for fans to discuss the club and the games. If you don't like other supporters coming in here then go make a private forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Unearthly wrote: »

He does however moan to the press when he doesn't get some decisions without accepting that he might get more of the benefit of the doubt if he didn't go over like a girl at times.

3-1. Great finish

Best Ronnie Whelan finish since the big man himself.

Warnock was very poor for the 3rd goal, thought he was playing well but he just looked at Riise jogging past hime.

Is there a match day thread? ;)
    If you don't like other supporters coming in here then go make a private forum.

Discussed that a while back.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Is there a match day thread? ;)

Mike.

Not one thats hurtling towards 20,000 posts, no.:)

To be honest I like coming in here for games as it provides better debate than anywhere else. I agreed Samba should have walked while also saying that imo none of the incidents were penos. To be accused of being a troll and basically told to f*ck off is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

that video must be clutching at straws, i saw contact on both occassions.

I also saw contact when Pires hung is foot out into the defender a few season back, similar to what Gerrard did today and the 2nd one he just fell over. Anyway I couldn't care less as the ref got both dives right and you won fair and square so end of story.

To be honest I like coming in here for games as it provides better debate than anywhere else. I agreed Samba should have walked while also saying that imo none of the incidents were penos. To be accused of being a troll and basically told to f*ck off is a joke.

http://tinyurl.com/4n6g4

'Clearly' wrong? Well the ref agrees me with me so 'clearly' not.

Look this thread isn't just a Liverpool love in. It's for fans to discuss the club and the games. If you don't like other supporters coming in here then go make a private forum.

fair enough that brum peno was nailed on. refs are never wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement