Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »

:rolleyes: Good response. Attempt at trolling? Hypocrite maybe?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

RasTa wrote: »
    I also saw contact when Pires hung is foot out into the defender a few season back, similar to what Gerrard did today and the 2nd one he just fell over. Anyway I couldn't care less as the ref got both dives right and you won fair and square so end of story.

im fairly sure there wasnt contact with that pires one, and im pretty sure there wasnt contact when rooney fell over that time against arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Xavi6 wrote: »
    To be honest I like coming in here for games as it provides better debate than anywhere else. I agreed Samba should have walked while also saying that imo none of the incidents were penos. To be accused of being a troll and basically told to f*ck off is a joke.

your gicking (pie copyright) your opinions all over the place as if their facts and your shocked that people arent giving you a pat on the back for enlightening us. cop on
    Surprised he didn't go down instead of stickin it away :D
    Skrtel the dirty bastard.
    Any chance of Gerrard staying on his feet today? FFS the 'peno' was a joke.

now i dont know about the other people that post in this thread regularly, but i know your running commentary made the game more enjoyable for me. have you tried applying for a job at sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mayordenis wrote: »
    im fairly sure there wasnt contact with that pires one, and im pretty sure there wasnt contact when rooney fell over that time against arsenal.

Well watch it again, I don't really care as I said but if you think they both weren't dives you are more delusional than I thought. I've no problem admitting when a United player dives. I also thought this was the matchday thread with all the talk of the game. Congrats on wrapping up 4th today also.

RasTa wrote: »
    I've no problem admitting when a United player dives.

sure you'd be well used to it

el rabitos wrote: »
    your gicking (pie copyright) your opinions all over the place as if their facts and your shocked that people arent giving you a pat on the back for enlightening us. cop on

now i dont know about the other people that post in this thread regularly, but i know your running commentary made the game more enjoyable for me. have you tried applying for a job at sky?

Eh it's clear Skrtel WAS a dirty bastard, that Gerrard DID dive, and yes he stayed on his feet for what was an excellent goal which I made a joke about, hence the feckin :D

Didn't see you giving any opinions during the game.

I don't give a b*llox if you enjoyed the game any more or any less. As I said, if you don't want other fans in here go make your own forum.

sure you'd be well used to it

lol it's like arguing with a take that fan back in the 90's everything you say about the team gets compared to something else. Again congrats on securing your champions league spot for next year, being another good season for Liverpool with some class shown by great purchases.

Eh it's clear Skrtel WAS a dirty bastard, that Gerrard DID dive, and yes he stayed on his feet for what was an excellent goal which I made a joke about, hence the feckin :D

Didn't see you giving any opinions during the game.

I don't give a b*llox if you enjoyed the game any more or any less. As I said, if you don't want other fans in here go make your own forum.

thats like saying if you dont like me spitting at you, step out of the way. still makes u a "dirty bastard". cool to call someone a dirty bastard round here right?

you needed me giving my running opinion on every kick of the game to keep up with your sh!tehawking?

if you want to discuss the team/match go ahead, phb is a well known utd fan, i'm sure most pool fans think he talks alot of crap, but at least he elaborates and offers something to the thread. your just looking for a reaction, well done

thats like saying if you dont like me spitting at you, step out of the way. still makes u a "dirty bastard". cool to call someone a dirty bastard round here right?

In that case yes because he actually did something obvious to warrant it. It was a comment on his action not on him as a person. Learn to differentiate please.
    you needed me giving my running opinion on every kick of the game to keep up with your sh!tehawking?

No just nice to hear reactions to incidents as they happen.
    if you want to discuss the team/match go ahead, phb is a well known utd fan, i'm sure most pool fans think he talks alot of crap, but at least he elaborates and offers something to the thread. your just looking for a reaction, well done

So you're able to tell me what I was looking for now? Your psychic powers are wasted here.

I wanted Liverpool to win because it did City a favour. Inspite of that I can still say they didn't deserve the penalties. Can you understand that?

I wanted Liverpool to win because it did City a favour.

oh. well then i was way off. i'd best get on and support man city next week so. come on dunne ya fat yoke, g'wan corluka ya scruffy fcuk. is that how we do it? :confused:

• Advertisement

oh. well then i was way off. i'd best get on and support man city next week so. come on dunne ya fat yoke, g'wan corluka ya scruffy fcuk. is that how we do it? :confused:

How the f*ck can you compare one player's appearance to the behaviour of another on the pitch? I think it's my turn to say cop the f*ck on.

xavi6 just give up will ya?
    you can't call people dirty bastards, simple, its certainly unfair on a player like skrtel.

what did you expect the first thing you did was barge in calling gerrard a diver, thats not civilised debate, go write for the star or the sun.

xavi6 just give up will ya?
    you can't call people dirty bastards, simple, its certainly unfair on a player like skrtel.

The comment was made on that particualr incident. Nothing more.
    what did you expect the first thing you did was barge in calling gerrard a diver, thats not civilised debate, go write for the star or the sun.

Eh he did dive so what's the problem with saying he did? If it was an unfair accusation then of course I'd have been wrong but it wasn't.

its certainly up for debate whether that was a dive or not but you just went in with your sensationalist rubbish like "will gerrard stay on his feet for **** sake"

its certainly up for debate whether that was a dive or not but you just went in with your sensationalist rubbish like "will gerrard stay on his feet for **** sake"

It's not sensationalist when it's 99% correct really.

Look I'll leave it at that. I can understand that my comments weren't appreciated by 'pool fans and I can live with that. I look forward to my reception for next week's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a bit of a coup.

Mike.

I have to stick up for Xavi here and some of the responses by Liverpool fans on here show such a blinkered vision towards your team if any players actions are called into question. Here are some quotes from another soccer forum I read and most of these are Liverpudlians.
    Just finished watching it on delay.

The first one wasn't a penalty, and Gerrard didn't appeal for it. It wasn't a penalty because he had already lost control of the ball. Did Gerrard initiate the contact? I fear to say it looked like he might.

The second one just outside the area - definite foul.

The third one, definite dive and he should be ashamed. It is a real pity to see him resorting to those tactics.

However, as for the dissent issue, I can't really see raising your arms and throwing them back down again (although annoying when you have just done a dive) is in any way comparable to Mascherano or even Roberts in the same game, who should at least have been booked.
    t was a poor dive...

He dives and moves his leg to catch Friedel.

And in the 2nd one he he dives into Samba, who stops so as not to foul him.

Poor...he doesn't need to resort to those tactics.

We're 5 points behind Arsenal...hmm...

We could theorectically catch them for 3rd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well I for one am happy with that result. I thought it was just going to be one of those days where we fail to score despite dominating. Thankfully, almost as soon as I thought it, Gerrard burst into the box and opened the scoring :).
    Also a lovely second goal from Torres, while it wasn't as spectacular as the goal against Arsenal during the week it was still very important as it gave us a cushion against our customary nervous last few minutes.
    Congratulations to Riise as well for managing to do the right thing and square the ball to Voronin rather than blasting it at the goalkeeper for the third.

• Advertisement

rather than blasting it at the goalkeeper for the third.

For the miss you mean?! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gerrard was unreal today, MOM performance.
    He dived, big whoop, everyone does it, Gerrard just as much as anyone else, who cares? The only problem with this is that some people think their own teams players don't dive, they do, everyone does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mike65 wrote: »
    For the miss you mean?! :D

Mike.
    Given Riise's statistics at having had 32,767 shots on goal since he last scored, chances are it would have been a miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lotta bitchiness in here. We won lads and it was a decent performance! Celebrate!

How many games in a row has Torres scored at Anfield now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

7 in a row now i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Seven I think.

Excellent performace indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

New record for a player at liverpool.

Melion wrote: »
    7 in a row now i think
    Orizio wrote: »
    Seven I think.

Excellent performace indeed.
    New record for a player at liverpool.

Thought as much! And to think I doubted him when we signed him! :o

Thought as much! And to think I doubted him when we signed him! :o

just doubt whoever comes in the summer and we might be onto something next season.

I heard that villa lad was rubbish, would never be any good for us ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Tickets out :John Barnes/Jan Molby

We now have the tickets for:-

The next legends night

17th May Saturday - 8pm

JOHN BARNES & JAN MOLBY

in the Tram - st James Street, Dublin 8.

Tickets are €25.00 each

See Here for more info.

Link

This will be a sell out so try to get in fast,I am sure a few on this thread will testify that these are great nights in a good venue.

• Advertisement

Taking place tonight. All sorts of rumors flying about and there will be fans outside Anfield in support of Rafa from 8.30pm.

bollox.
    *****s pants*

Apparently because of this...
    That's the news.

And he is not ****ing happy.

Apparantly this is the first time that he's known about Parry's involvement with Klinsmann. He thought it was originally just Hicks/Gillett. But it's now come out that it was all of the board. Hicks was thought to have been the man who instigated the talks, but he himself has now told everyone that it was many more people than Rafa knew about.

Rafa has said that he wants talks pretty much immediately, "tonight if possible, if not tomorrow".

Is Parry on Rafa's side?

As in, if Parry goes, will that be one step out the door for Rafa?

*edit* just saw the post above me. I thought everyone always assumed that it was Gillete and Hicks who were behind the Klinnsman move?

I know that he was involved in the talks but I would imagine that it was at the insistence of the rest of the board.

BBC Sport.
    Benitez wants answers from board
    Rafael Benitez is seeking urgent talks with Liverpool's board of directors following new revelations about the club's approach for Jurgen Klinsmann.

Tom Hicks claims fellow co-owner George Gillett and chief executive Rick Parry also interviewed Klinsmann last year about succeeding Benitez as manager.

It was originally thought only Hicks talked with the former Germany coach.

"I will talk with the board about this as soon as possible," said Benitez. "I am really calm - but I want answers."

Benitez, speaking after his side had beaten Blackburn 3-1 on Sunday to improve their chances of claiming fourth spot in the Premier League, added: "I am surprised at things I have read.

"I want to clarify the situation, not just about the meeting but the people who were in that meeting.

"I will ask some questions; I will talk about things with them. That means as soon as possible - days, maybe hours."

Benitez's future was the source of constant speculation prior to Christmas as the Reds struggled in the league.

Since then, his position has improved after steering the club to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Instead, the focus has been on the internal wrangling between Hicks and Gillett, which took a fresh twist on Thursday when Hicks demanded the resignation of Parry.

Benitez insists off-field problems are not proving too distracting.

"It is not affecting the players," said the Spaniard. "They are winning and they know we must finish in the top four and progress in the Champions League. We must stay focused on football."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Bad blood in the past between the two, mostly because of Parry's dilly dallying over transfers and contract renewals.
    Hard to tell where the lines are drawn anymore, my enemy's enemy is my friend etc. Embarassing for the club.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Tickets out :John Barnes/Jan Molby

We now have the tickets for:-

The next legends night

17th May Saturday - 8pm

JOHN BARNES & JAN MOLBY

in the Tram - st James Street, Dublin 8.

Tickets are €25.00 each

See Here for more info.

Link

This will be a sell out so try to get in fast,I am sure a few on this thread will testify that these are great nights in a good venue.
    Have heard a lot about them from the Irish Kop lads I met, they are supposed to be top banana and the legends get into the fun of it just as much as the fans. Good luck with it Dub

Have heard a lot about them from the Irish Kop lads I met, they are supposed to be top banana and the legends get into the fun of it just as much as the fans. Good luck with it Dub

They are great,not a bad one yet.If you are ever on this side of the pond when one is on you should pop along.

I certainly will.

• Advertisement

dont really know what to think, right now the only solution that i would see as good for the club is hicks gillett and parry all gone, although just going into the summer losing our chief exec wouldnt be ideal.

I imagine if he gets the "wrong" answers tonight he'll make Moscow the target of his final game in charge.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

poor rafa:(:(:(

Rafa is brilliant for us . It's not fair that he is being dragged about the place. It's not right. Is the meeting going ahead tonight for defo?? If so i'm not sleeping:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

didnt like gerrards dive today :mad:

Haven't seen it again, couldn't see it very well from where I was sitting looked like it was, but a lot of people say it wasn't then again, a lot of people said that Roma lad dived. Should be on MoTM2 in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

He dived twice basically, the one against Friedel was worse, he basically moved his right foot into Friedel and then went down.

I have seen that a lot recently and have not seen it punished yet. I have also not seen many fans of the teams who have their players doing it complaining as much as we seem to be. Wonder why that is ;)

Hmm, MoTD2 doesn't seem to be on tonight?

It's on BBC1 I think.

• Advertisement

Is on BBC one at 10:30 due to masters coverage on 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement