Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

oobydooby wrote: »
    I'm hoping Rafa's youth plan (Wenger inspired or not) has good deep roots, 'cause it might make him want to stay in spite of all the messing upstairs. Also, if one or two youngsters catch the eye, it might encourage the feuding fools to give him more cash in the summer. For youngsters and another Torres. I've never seen this Spearing lad who people often mention. Hope he gets a run tomorrow.

Plessis actually shocked me with how composed he was vs Arsenal. Of course Arsenal were resting their main team for the CL game.:rolleyes:

I saw a bit of Spearing but they were playing nobodies in the Reserves. Kind of like Plessis against Arsenal....hard to gauge the kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

If Wenger was inspired he would have tossed his youth system to one side and signed Torres and Babel when he had the chance.

ummm, ok. see my point below.
    I'm hoping Rafa's youth plan (Wenger inspired or not) has good deep roots, 'cause it might make him want to stay in spite of all the messing upstairs. Also, if one or two youngsters catch the eye, it might encourage the feuding fools to give him more cash in the summer. For youngsters and another Torres. I've never seen this Spearing lad who people often mention. Hope he gets a run tomorrow.

unlikely given the current state of affairs. wasn't it in the times today that they are struggling to pay off the money they borrowed for Torres and Babel? it even dared suggest they may be forced to sell them (although i can't see that happening tbh).

Death to Hicks and Gillett.

Torres and Babel are going nowhere. Keep your wishful thinking to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

guardian wrote:
    Rafael Benítez the politician was in his element yesterday as he insisted his wish was to remain in charge for at least the final two years of his existing contract but refused to provide assurances that he will be present at Anfield to pick up the pieces should the stand-off between Tom Hicks and George Gillett extend into this summer and damage his long-term plans.

Could go either way. Don't like speculating about the moneymen - they should be in the background in my tastebook, but Benitez is canny and perhaps he can play them the way a child can play both squabbling parents for birthday presents.

I like the guardian for news, but it is the 'Manchester Guardian' and often their stories have a slight bias.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2274927,00.html

Could go either way. Don't like speculating about the moneymen - they should be in the background in my tastebook, but Benitez is canny and perhaps he can play them the way a child can play both squabbling parents for birthday presents.

I like the guardian for news, but it is the 'Manchester Guardian' and often their stories have a slight bias.

Go to to the TIMES ONLINE- Ballague always gives Rafa a fair shake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Death to Hicks and Gillett.

do we remember a little while back we were saying how the death threats they recieved were really not on and it was just basically plonkers threatening them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wow...where did that Hero of college guy come from and can we send him back ?

Jazzy wrote: »
    do we remember a little while back we were saying how the death threats they recieved were really not on and it was just basically plonkers threatening them? :rolleyes:

I didn't threaten them. I just wished they dropped dead. Okay matey?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Liverpool fans in the Luther Blissett on SoccerAM, bit of banter earlier with Andy re: Utd-Pool in the Champions league.

• Advertisement

Liverpool fans in the Luther Blissett on SoccerAM, bit of banter earlier with Andy re: Utd-Pool in the Champions league.

Would be the biggest game ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No it wouldn't be. although it would be pretty big.

No it wouldn't be. although it would be pretty big.

Try losing it to the Mancs and tell me how good it feels.:rolleyes: As a Liverpool and Ireland supporter, this is huge. Probably only Ireland-Italy in 1990 was of more significance to me.

Rafa -
    "We have some signings for the next season done. They are senior players for the first team and young players for the first team and reserve team. Two of them are really close, young players, and one senior player is done. He talks good English, but is not English. I'm not giving any more clues! You need to look for Bosman players and sometimes you need to do it quickly and go for cheap players."

So basically, we have signed a bosman player for the first team. He is not English but speaks English. HMMMM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

get some of this into ye lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuuN9UoFDH8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Try losing it to the Mancs and tell me how good it feels.:rolleyes: As a Liverpool and Ireland supporter, this is huge. Probably only Ireland-Italy in 1990 was of more significance to me.
    I am one of those rare breed of liverpool fans who regularly attend Anfield and I think you are talking rubbish. I agree it would be a heartbreaker if we lost to United but it is still not the biggest game ever, would not even be the biggest game in Liverpool history, although i am confident that sky would bill it as such.

And please do not respond to me in caps BTW, I find it bloody annoying.

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    get some of this into ye lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuuN9UoFDH8

Seen it...favourite is where they do the fairclough goal vs St Etienne. There is a different version of this vid where they have 2 of the muppets on the screen when those mugs from Chelsea are talking. "Screw Your Team To Pieces"....indeed..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I am one of those rare breed of liverpool fans who regularly attend Anfield and I think you are talking rubbish. I agree it would be a heartbreaker if we lost to United but it is still not the biggest game ever, would not even be the biggest game in Liverpool history, although i am confident that sky would bill it as such.

And please do not respond to me in caps BTW, I find it bloody annoying.

he didnt respond in caps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Anyhoo, Fulham v Liverpool today, it's on Setanta for anyone not attending the game ;)
    Fulham keeper Antti Niemi is available after recovering from his shoulder injury and could replace Kasey Keller.

Striker Eddie Johnson is back following illness while his fellow forward Jari Litmanen may figure from the bench.

Liverpool may be without Steven Gerrard who has a neck problem and could be rested ahead of the Champions League semi-final home leg against Chelsea.

Fernando Torres could also be rested but Jermaine Pennant is fit and Javier Mascherano returns after his ban.

zAbbo wrote: »
    Anyhoo, Fulham v Liverpool today, it's on Setanta for anyone not attending the game ;)

What about people who don't have Setanta....:eek::D:D:D

Sopcast for me.;)

zAbbo wrote: »

Are you sure ? Cant find it in the listings. Setanta sports 1 or Setanta Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

setanta ireland afair

Tusky wrote: »
    Are you sure ? Cant find it in the listings. Setanta sports 1 or Setanta Ireland ?

oops. better ring sky matey....splurge on the whole packet.

event wrote: »
    setanta ireland afair

Ah yes, just found it. Excellent, thought I was gonna have to watch this on the internetz.

Aye, Setanta Ireland or whatever it's called. - http://liveonsat.com/

Team announced + expected formation.

Crouch

Voronin
    Benayoun
    Pennant
    Masch---Lucas

Riise
    Hyypia
    Carra----Finnan

Reina

Subs: Itandje, Torres, Alonso, Aurelio, Carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

None of the kids being given a run out.. not even on the bench. Pretty disappointing given how they're reserve team champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm surprised the team is that strong. I guess Rafa still wants to get a point here to ensure 4th

PHB wrote: »
    I'm surprised the team is that strong. I guess Rafa still wants to get a point here to ensure 4th

Skrtel, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Alonso, Kuyt, Babel & Torres rested.

Only Carragher & Mascherano from that team will be playing against Cheslea. Masch hasn't been playing games due to suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Corrected - Skrtel is playing and there is only one Carra in the squad

Team announced + expected formation.

Crouch

Voronin
    Benayoun
    Pennant
    Masch---Lucas

Riise
    Hyypia
    Skrtel----Finnan

Reina

Subs: Itandje, Torres, Alonso, Aurelio, Carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

im not surprised at all. That team *should* be pick up three points

• Advertisement

After about 10 mins I think this one could be a sticky one

Fulham have def started the brighter - look far far hungrier, as will be the case for a team battling to survive - Liverpool look very disinterested - hoofing everything long-ball up to Crouch, which the Fulham defenders are eating up at the mo.

Riise is having a mare at LB - Fulham having oodles of joy going down their right - Skrtel had to made a great challenge to get over to cover for Riise going missing already, as has Hyypia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Blimey, 0-1 Pennant.

0-1
    Scratch that - Pennant gets a tasty one out of nothing, fulham caught napping at the back and a tasty finish from Jermaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

voronin looks like he fancies a little football today

It almost looked like Keller left that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Filham are offering nothing Reina hasn't had a save to make

Bag a 2nd one and shut up shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Been easy enough even with Voronin hitting them into all rows of the stand.

Lucas playing very well. Apart from a few bad passes, Masch is doing ok too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Sherifu wrote: »
    Been easy enough even with Voronin hitting them into all rows of the stand.

Yeah, he's been truely awful. To be fair, Crouchy, and Benny have been just as bad. And Pennant hasn't been much better. Once the goal went in Fulham's head dropped completely.

Would be a nice easy introduction for one of the youngsters if they'd been included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get Torres on for the first 20 mins of the second half then sub him!

Mike.

Lucas playing great stuff - much further forward than we normally see him but I suppose thats a result of how poor Fulham are

Crouch 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Shockign defending. Thought Kely might have done better too.

Tighten up now and play out the time. Alonso on for Masch.

Why is Riise getting boo'd btw? I missed the first half.

• Advertisement

Good save from Reina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I have a lot of time for some of Fulham's players and will be sorry to see them go down. But my they have been so bad today. Liverpool aren't playing great but are strolling to the win.

This will stick us 8 clear of Everton with three games to go. Happy days.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why is Riise getting boo'd btw? I missed the first half.

Not sure - Fulham fans looking for something to shout about as their team have given them nothing :D

Jesus it is getting bad , Liverpool fans are having to cheer the Fulham players for them,

Alwyas liked Spud's song. Super, super Dan. super, super Dan. Super Danny Murphy.

Although in fairness he always gets that when he plays against us.

He's been absent today though - never really repeated his form with any of his clubs since he left

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement