Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why is Riise getting boo'd btw? I missed the first half.

He was signing for them in 2001, but then changed his mind when Liverpool showed an interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

well in Mr Reade......

Kop supporters spotted mug on the screen
    Brian Reade 19/04/2008
    Sixteen years ago this week when Graeme Souness appeared on the front page of The Sun kissing his girlfriend under the headline LOVERPOOL on the third anniversary of Hillsborough, he became, for many fans, a non-person.

That newspaper was still reviled for claiming Liverpudlians had urinated on and stolen from the dead. Souness had hoovered up blood money to help it win back circulation on Merseyside, with no regard for the bereaved. Although he stumbled on as manager, he was finished. Years later he admitted he should have resigned on the spot because what he'd done was unforgivable.

This week, on the 19th anniversary of the disaster, as the families and survivors turned up at Anfield to remember the dead, every national paper carried the latest twists in the battle which is decimating Liverpool's reputation.

Tom Hicks recorded a Sky interview on that very day, his main point in the latest dirt-dishing exercise being that Rick Parry was a "disaster". Yes. He called him a disaster. On April 15th. Clearly when the Texan Googled Liverpool, he got bored before the bit about 96 fans dying, and switched off.

A clearer example of how this callous, insensitive and ignorant individual works would be hard to find.

And if he wasn't a non-person in the eyes of Kopites before this week, he is now.

That the owner of Liverpool FC should choose to smear, point-score and trivialise the word "disaster" on the Hillsborough anniversary is the clearest example of his lack of fitness for office.

It is a club, a history and a people Hicks will never understand. And trying to win the fans over by shooting a propaganda film with a Liverpool mug in his hand, proves it beyond doubt.

Mr Hicks should Google the name Souness. Then give him a ring. I'm sure he'll have a couple of words of advice - beginning and ending with the letter "f".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thought that was the best games we have seen from Lucas. Defended well, got forward well, passed accurately and tackled well. Impressed with him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I didn't realise this was on Setanta Ireland, who did well apart from Lucas?

8 points clear with 3 games to go should be comfy enough. Roll on Chelsea.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.
    I was impressed with Pennant for once. He took his goal very well and was heavily involved in quite a few other moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Monster Masch ran the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mike.

Masch was immense. MOTM I'd imagine. Although Lucas did his best to take his place for Tuesday (by slide tackling him instead of outperforming). Pennant was fine. Did well and tried hard. Skrtl and Sami were no nonsense but didnt have much to do. Couple of errors from Reina and a few nice saves but overall had an easy time. Crouch did as well as he could considering there was very few who could deliver a pass. Didnt think much of Yossi today. He ran but had little impact otherwise. Finnan was average (at best). Voronin was voronin.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

any of you read this from Rafa today?

"We were this morning progressing in some issues and we will do the same. We have some signings for the next season done. They are senior players for the first team and young players for the first team and reserve team. Two of them are really close, young players, and one senior player is done. He talks good English, but is not English."

I think I remember it being said already that the senior player we have almost signed plays in the premiership, and now we knows hes foreign.

Pederson?

dardoz wrote: »
    any of you read this from Rafa today?

"We were this morning progressing in some issues and we will do the same. We have some signings for the next season done. They are senior players for the first team and young players for the first team and reserve team. Two of them are really close, young players, and one senior player is done. He talks good English, but is not English."

I think I remember it being said already that the senior player we have almost signed plays in the premiership, and now we knows hes foreign.

Pederson?

I posted it a couple of pages back. You are incorrect about the 'playing in the premiership' bit. Ballague said that he was English (never mentioned where he played). Rafa today said that they are close to a number of signings, one of whom is for the senior team and is not English.

A lot of speculation about who it is, most people think its Rafinha. I have a feeling it wont be a big name signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well it depends who we are looking for - a winger we presume so could it be.... THE DUFFER??????????????????????????????????????????? :eek:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Tusky wrote: »
    I have a feeling it wont be a big name signing.

I think that too. The fact that they haven't come out and said who it is, even the insiders who know who it is, means that it's not a big enough story to say who it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

THE DUFFER??????????????????????????????????????????? :eek:

No thanks. I hope not anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I posted it a couple of pages back. You are incorrect about the 'playing in the premiership' bit. Ballague said that he was English (never mentioned where he played). Rafa today said that they are close to a number of signings, one of whom is for the senior team and is not English.

A lot of speculation about who it is, most people think its Rafinha. I have a feeling it wont be a big name signing.

Prior to the rumour breaking in the papers about us having one senior player and two youth players signed up a few weeks ago (today confirmed by Rafa) I was told the senior player was Nasri from Marseille.

I haven't read this thread before so I don't know if anyone has mentioned him yet already.

All the sources seem to think Rafinha is nailed on, but I think the boardroom impasse could put a block on our transfer plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Could we get Nasri? Don't think Marseille would like to lose Ribery and then Nasri the following year.
    The lad is class but i would be worried about his strength for the premiership (though I said that about Torres)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Prior to the rumour breaking in the papers about us having one senior player and two youth players signed up a few weeks ago (today confirmed by Rafa) I was told the senior player was Nasri from Marseille.

I haven't read this thread before so I don't know if anyone has mentioned him yet already.

All the sources seem to think Rafinha is nailed on, but I think the boardroom impasse could put a block on our transfer plans.

As well as being able to speak English, but not be english, its confirmed that its a Bosman signing. So it won't be Nasri, and its not Rafinha (agent trying to get him a move) or Gareth Barry (agent trying to get him a new improved contract with Villa) .

So odds are that its this guy

Rosco1982 wrote: »

I dont think it will bring transfers to a complete stand still. There was a loan taken out in January that would include summer transfers. Lots of names have been linked to us. Some are rediculous, some sound great and others make me want to vomit on my shoes.

Modric
    Henry
    Ronaldiniho
    Keane
    Bentley
    Barry
    Johnson
    Mc Geady
    Cattlemore
    Agbonglahor
    Benzema
    Aimar
    Rafinha

Thats just off the top of my head.
    Stky10 wrote: »
    As well as being able to speak English, but not be english, its confirmed that its a Bosman signing[/URL]

It isnt confirmed that its a bosman signing. Rafa could have been talking about the younger players when he mentioned that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Rafa Benitez has revealed Sami Hyypia should be fit for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Chelsea despite picking up a knock in the 2-0 victory over Fulham.
    The veteran defender was withdrawn at half-time after a clash of heads which left him dizzy.

Benitez said: "We have a problem with Sami. He has a knock in the head. He was dizzy so I asked him if he'd seen the third goal! He just looked at me (with a confused look).

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Modric unlikely
    Henry Never, ever
    Ronaldiniho Never, ever
    Keane Unlikely - would be class though
    Bentley He's going somewhere
    Barry This would make me a sad panda - we don't need him
    Johnson lol
    Mc Geady Not good enough
    Cattlemore Who?
    Agbonglahor Not what is needed
    Benzema Will go to a (gasp) bigger club like Real, Utd
    Aimar I would like this. I think it *might happen
    Rafinha Could do worse

But I'm sure people disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Benitez said: "We have a problem with Sami. He has a knock in the head. He was dizzy so I asked him if he'd seen the third goal! He just looked at me (with a confused look).

:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    :D Good one Rafa!

• Advertisement

I dont think it will bring transfers to a complete stand still. There was a loan taken out in January that would include summer transfers. Lots of names have been linked to us. Some are rediculous, some sound great and others make me want to vomit on my shoes.

Modric
    Henry
    Ronaldiniho
    Keane
    Bentley
    Barry
    Johnson
    Mc Geady
    Cattlemore
    Agbonglahor
    Benzema
    Aimar
    Rafinha

Thats just off the top of my head.

It isnt confirmed that its a bosman signing. Rafa could have been talking about the younger players when he mentioned that.

The Nasri rumour I was told about is from a couple of months back since then I've heard loads more.

Another contrasting rumour said that Kaladze was the senior signing that's done and the two youngsters are South Americans both aged around 19.

The rumours mentioned the following fantasy signings:
    Kaladze
    Villa
    Silva
    Rafinha

With this lot on the way out:
    Itandje
    Riise
    Finnan (Maybe depends how he reacts to being 2nd/3rd choice)
    Kewell
    Pennant
    Crouch
    Carson
    and a few of the on loan players Hammill , Guthrie Etc.

The person also said to expect a DIC takeover during the summer.

I doubt if we'll see Silva and Villa lining up for us next season, but the rest seems plausible enough.

Seriously doubt Kaladze, we were looking for him last summer and we didn't get him. I don't think Rafa will try again.

We were looking for him in January - which is was the reason for the Rafa "focusing on coaching and training" his team routine happened.

Anyway, this is all total unfounded speculation, no matter how many "people" are supposedly feeding you inside information (horse****). The only person to ever come on here and deliver on that front was Bannor.

January, that's it! Feels like it was so long ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

How could a player too young for our first team be a Bosman signing?

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    We were looking for him in January - which is was the reason for the Rafa "focusing on coaching and training" his team routine happened.

Anyway, this is all total unfounded speculation, no matter how many "people" are supposedly feeding you inside information (horse****). The only person to ever come on here and deliver on that front was Bannor.

I've never posted in this thread previously, what did Bannor deliver ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bannor always had some source that was always correct, ALWAYS. we miss bannor immensly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Indeed we do, the amount we made on transfer speculation was superb. The lad was a legend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What ever happned him (banner)..?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

For anyone wanting to know a bit more about Bannor:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265307

jonny24ie wrote: »
    For anyone wanting to know a bit more about Bannor:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265307

How enlightening, 66% of people think hes a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How enlightening, 66% of people think hes a legend.

Forgot to add this link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1609475

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3447353,00.html

Gerrard doubtful for tuesday with a neck injury. Rafa mindgames or truth?

More the former than the latter I hope.

Aye I'd hope that too. But can Rafa afford to play mindgames with Grant? Will Grant even cop it? Roman has probably given him the teamsheet already!

Not sure it is mindgames, I think he has suffered a knock but even rafa says that he reckons he will be okay, along with Mascherano who he said suffered three knocks in the head. Must have been one helll of a training session.

Think it was moreso knocks in the Fulham game that Masch got (haven't watched the full game yet so I'm not positive on that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Dub13 wrote: »
    What ever happned him (banner)..?

1 He was probably misquoted and subsequently perm-banned by one of the trigger happys. :pac:

2 Or maybe he has bad broadband 'always on' connection and can't post .:eek:

3 Or maybe just maybe he got sick of the 'next year' brigade. :D

4 Back to realism i don't know who he is but after clicking the links about him , he knew what was happening and gave that info which prolly got him perm-banned without quoting a source. :p

5 Seriously kudos to anyone with that insider intel on any club activity.

d22ontour wrote: »
    1 He was probably misquoted and subsequently perm-banned by one of the trigger happys. :pac:

4 Back to realism i don't know who he is but after clicking the links about him , he knew what was happening and gave that info which prolly got him perm-banned without quoting a source. :p

If you have an issue share it on feedback otherwise keep your trap shut. Sound fair to you ??????? Don't particularly care if you stick a smiley on it or not.

If you have an issue share it on feedback otherwise keep your trap shut. Sound fair to you ??????? Don't particularly care if you stick a smiley on it or not.

Typical response from you tbh. Maybe if you read 5 you would have seen what i was actually posting and yet it was the only one without a smiley. Go figure.

d22ontour wrote: »
    Typical response from you tbh. Maybe if you read 5 you would have seen what i was actually posting and yet it was the only one without a smiley. Go figure.

I read all of your post and I can break it down for you if you like.

1 I am going to try and get a cheap shot in at the mods and I will stick a smiley on the end to protect myself a little

2 rubbish joke.

3 I am going to have a pop at the liverpool fans in the liverpool thread.

4 I am going to have a pop at the mods again and try to disguise it as a joke once more with another smiley on the end.

5 Bannor was great (nothing we did not know)

and finally I will deal with your most recent post.

I don't particularly like you and am going to make my best efforts to say so.

Now I don't particularly care for you or your opinion but if you continue to make baseless accusations on the soccer forum about the mods therein then you will be banned. :pac::pac::pac::cool::eek:enough smileys there for you??

• Advertisement

I read all of your post and I can break it down for you if you like.

1 I am going to try and get a cheap shot in at the mods and I will stick a smiley on the end to protect myself a little

2 rubbish joke.

3 I am going to have a pop at the liverpool fans in the liverpool thread.

4 I am going to have a pop at the mods again and try to disguise it as a joke once more with another smiley on the end.

5 Bannor was great (nothing we did not know)

and finally I will deal with your most recent post.

Now I don't particularly care for you or your opinion but if you continue to make baseless accusations on the soccer forum about the mods therein then you will be banned. :pac::pac::pac::cool::eek:enough smileys there for you??

Yawn.

Why isnt there a yawn smiley ?

Baseless accusations ? I made any ?
    You mean he was actually banned for any of the baseless accusations you seem to think i made ?
    Seriously 1 and 4 were board.ie jokes not only pertaining to the soccer mods but the whole site go check out feedback, but hey if you feel they cut you deep then post that anger out.
    2 was a joke too but looking at our broadband situation could actually be possible hence the smiley.
    3 was well in all honestly the truth.Come October we are challenging, come February we are 4th place , hmmm ?
    5 Was my real post but yet again you want to express that angst,

Why should i care if you don't like me or not ? Threatening me with a ban for posting nothing outside the guidelines whilst praising a poster who is awol for some excellent intel is .... Bizarre to say the least.

Yes it must be a statement about the modding of the rigger happy mods of boards over all that you posted in the soccer forum :rolleyes: what I suggest once again then is that you jump on over to the feedback forum and air your grievances there.

I know I am probably reading too much into this again :rolleyes:, but could you show me where I said I do not like you, or in fact don't bother, I have no interest in continuing this conversation with you.

On to the game, I thought that Voronin looked decent today. Has he saved himself for another season ?

Jesus christ. As t4tf said - take it to feedback.
    This is a Liverpool thread. And that post was certainly an opportunistic dig-fest.
    The moderation of the soccer forum has improved immensely in the last 6 months. I more than most people have moaned about the moderation, but as of now, its leaning towards common sense. Which is a fair achievement given the amount of bile and spite various members have towards each other.
    d22ontour wrote:
    Threatening me with a ban for posting nothing outside the guidelines
    Well done. You've managed to be dickish within the guidelines. Your mother would be proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Yes it must be a statement about the modding of the rigger happy mods of boards over all that you posted in the soccer forum :rolleyes: what I suggest once again then is that you jump on over to the feedback forum and air your grievances there.

I know I am probably reading too much into this again :rolleyes:, but could you show me where I said I do not like you, or in fact don't bother, I have no interest in continuing this conversation with you.

On to the game, I thought that Voronin looked decent today. Has he saved himself for another season ?

can you not just ban him?quite annoying now,I think he has been boozing tbh

Well it would give him a real reason to go to feedback TBH. Anyway, back to my question, did anybody think that voronin played well today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

did anybody think that voronin played well today ?

no not really,he is not even fit to be a squad player imo,I dont like saying that because he seems to be a nice guy.feels a bit heartless lol

Also he was berbatovs partner for many years,I think he is the type of striker that wont score many,but if you put him up front with a quality striker he would help them to score alot.

voronin and torres would be an interesting combo if given a chance.I dont think voronin would score much but torres would score even more.

Well it would give him a real reason to go to feedback TBH. Anyway, back to my question, did anybody think that voronin played well today ?
    i thought he tried, maybe took a leaf out of Kuyt's book.

As I said earlier...
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    voronin looks like he fancies a little football today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

:rolleyes:
    Anywhooooooooooooooooo, just watched the highlights on MOTD. Liverpool did the job against an awful Fulham team. Good that players like Lucas can get a game like this to build their confidence. Tuesday nerves start now :o

Looked like Voronin just slowed his game down and thought about what he doing from what I seen on MOTD.

Whats the odds on Chelsea on concentrating on the UTD game next weekend?

• Advertisement

I know I am probably reading too much into this again :rolleyes:, but could you show me where I said I do not like you,

[/size]

Which smiley would appease you most here ? ;):pac::D:rolleyes::p

As reactor elequently put it , i put it dickish .

Wipe yore lips plox.

Yes maybe i was banned before for something out of my control but i hardly post a mod out post every day , eh ? I could actually name the 1 time i mentioned to another poster about answering someone who used profanities against them but hey it got me banned for a few days.

<
    Huge chip on shoulder against the few mods who actually post ...

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Angst :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can you feel it ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement