Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I hate Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus, gerrard again with the corners.:rolleyes:

riise should be shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WTF was he at?!

Some day I will kick the head of Riise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Good lad Riise, destroy all the hard work!

WTF. Absolute disaster.

Why do players head balls that low?

In fairness to him, how many of those type of balls end up getting hammered into the top of the net when a defender tries to volley it away.

• Advertisement

So let's start planning for next season! We need a new left back cos Aurelio is made of glass, and Riise has just secured his move from the club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Not a complete disaster, nothing great from Chelsea tonight lads.

Let the Risse to Chelsea rumours start now :/ [foiled by Zapp!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

if he wasnt on the way out already he def is now after that. after all that hard work. 30 f'in seconds left. can't wait for the 2nd leg already. Martin Skrtel Man of the Match.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Aw lads, sick for ye. That's Riise playing for newcastle next season.

Cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Gutted for ye lads, ye deserved the win , Chelsea ****!!!

Riise I dont know what to say.

evil_seed wrote: »
    if he wasnt on the way out already he def is now after that. after all that hard work. 30 f'in seconds left. can't wait for the 2nd leg already. Martin Skrtel Man of the Match.
    I'd have said Carra meself - his last ditch tackles were what kept ye in it.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching RTE? Don't know who to hit Riise or Dunphy.

kaimera wrote: »
    Not a complete disaster, nothing great from Chelsea tonight lads.

They dont have to do anything great now, just not concede.

So pissed off!! It's gonna go to penalties again (but we have to score!)

That cross should never have come in. 2 players were marking him. Bad defending all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Harsh lads. Hope you can win the second leg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who would have thunk it? Riise can't show his square head again.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Norwegian numbskull!

Can we win at Stamford Bridge? I don't think so :( Chelski just have to sit back and play the game out, plus Essien is back so they'll have a decent player marking Gerrard.

So long Utd v Pool final :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Sickner absolute Sickner ... pool can score at the bridge ... all is not lost ....

I can't remember the last time we scored at the Bridge.

Liverpool have to treat the return leg as a do or die "loose by one or loose by ten" one off. Just go for it. Crouch and Torres.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I actually cant even get across how angry and frustrated I am. Unbelievable. I'm lost for words. We should have won by at least 2-0... :(

mike65 wrote: »
    . Crouch and Torres.

No way. That never works.

Stekelly wrote: »
    No way. That never works.

Yeah...and who do you drop ? Alonso, Gerrard or Mascherano ?

Okay er Babel and Torres and Voronin, that'll do it.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Drop Alonso. He showed moments of quality but not enough. We need to go out all guns blazing and get the lead. Then we can bring on Alonso and shut them out (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I can't remember the last time we scored at the Bridge.

Cheyrou 2004?

Lads one goal for us at the bridge next week changes the tie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

its OBVIOUSLY not over yet, but i wonder would you liverpool fans support United agains Chelsea:eek: if there was such a final.

...on a sidenote Villa's reserves were today crowned Reserve champions (South) and will play Liverpool (Reserve Champs North) in a couple of weeks.

Drop Alonso. He showed moments of quality but not enough. We need to go out all guns blazing and get the lead. Then we can bring on Alonso and shut them out (hopefully)

You have to be joking ? Alonso & Skrtel joint MOTM for me.

No I'm serious. Don't think Alonso performed for the full 90.

A Utd Chelsea final, don't think I'd watch it! Couldn't throw my support to either of them :p

Skrtel was immense I have to say, no nonsense from him. Kuyt did very well for the goal, sheer persistance.

Mike.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

its OBVIOUSLY not over yet, but i wonder would you liverpool fans support United agains Chelsea:eek: if there was such a final.

Errrrr, no. If we don't win it, Barca better. I'll leave it at that. The only circumstances where I would support Utd in any game is if it helped Liverpool. In a European game I'd support a combination of Rangers/Everton/Chelsea ahead of Utd, but that's besides the point.

I would switch off the telly for a Utd/Chelsea final! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

No I'm serious. Don't think Alonso performed for the full 90.

A Utd Chelsea final, don't think I'd watch it! Couldn't throw my support to either of them :p

What about over the weekend? A united win would end their home run and make them seem alot less impenetrable next wednesday. If chelsea win though they might be full of confidence.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    I would switch off the telly for a Utd/Chelsea final! :p

Mike.

I honestly wouldn't be able to watch it.

Tusky wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't be able to watch it.

I dont think I could watch a Liverpool - UTd final, nevermind a Chelsea - Utd one. For different reasons obviously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im still hoping it doesent happen, half my prediction has come true thus far... said to a co-worker today that after two 1-1 legs Pool would win on Penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

dobsdave wrote: »
    Cheyrou 2004?

Lads one goal for us at the bridge next week changes the tie.

Dreamland,we have lost already.I couldnt even bother watching it.In fact im gona put a hefty wager on Chelski.Also I hope JAR leaves in the summer,Well I hope worse but I aint gona say it.

Am I right in thinking he did the same thing against H&W or barnsley this year?

Anyone else pissed off that Terry and co got away with some dirty tackles? Alot jumps leading with the elbow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In all fairness, Carragher got away with a clear booking twice, and Mascherano did aswell. Both teams were taking lumps out of each other.

• Advertisement

Anyone else pissed off that Terry and co got away with some dirty tackles? Alot jumps leading with the elbow!

yes,terry should have already recieved a yellow for his consant fouling torres ,he then should have got a second for his foul on masch

dc69 wrote:
    Dreamland,we have lost.I couldnt even bother watching it.In fact im gona put a hefty wager on Chelski.Also I hope JAR leaves in the summer,Well I hope worse but I aint gona say it.
    Jesus man, lets hope your team don't throw in the towel as fast as you just have. 1-1 away is perfectly possible. No one would have said pool would beat the Arse 5-3 over two legs.

Christ man, you're down, but you're not out. And that's comin from a United fan.
    PHB wrote:
    In all fairness, Carragher got away with a clear booking twice, and Mascherano did aswell. Both teams were taking lumps out of each other.

+1

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Looked like the ref didn't want anyone missing any finals through suspension. Anyone not on a yellow can now not be suspended for yellow cards for any final that is reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Some positives? We played some great stuff there, especially in the 2nd half.

Grant's tactics were excellent - completely snuffed us out at the start of the game. They bullied Torres well too:mad:

We were unlucky but we've had some luck already in this year's competition so it evens out.

It's still a coin-flip. It will be exciting again next week and a good challenge for Benitez to go out and take Chelsea by the scruff of the neck.

Dunno now if I'd like to see MU hammer Chelsea on Saturday to break their Stamford Bridge fortress. Chelsea will probably play a reserve team anyway.

Jesus man, lets hope your team don't throw in the towel as fast as you just have. 1-1 away is perfectly possible. No one would have said pool would beat the Arse 5-3 over two legs.

Christ man, you're down, but you're not out. And that's comin from a United fan.

thanks for the kind words but as far as im concerned we are defo out,there is no way to qualify.Even if we get an away goal,they will get 2.If it should go to penalties we will win though,as reina is better than cech at penos but I cant see that happening.In fact apart from his good saves tonight,cech lookes a shadow of his former self.

dc69 wrote: »
    Dreamland,we have lost already.I couldnt even bother watching it.In fact im gona put a hefty wager on Chelski.Also I hope JAR leaves in the summer,Well I hope worse but I aint gona say it.

Am I right in thinking he did the same thing against H&W or barnsley this year?

Oh come on. I'm insanely disappointed and we have made things incredibly hard for ourselves but cop on.

Positives : Alonso back to his great self, Skrtel looks a fantastic player, no cards for Carra or Gerrard, we can rest players at weekend while Chelsea cant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement