Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

45 - 1 now.. another 15 euro ;) ahem

675 euro return.

We havent looked like scoring all game though. I would be happy to never ever see Voronins face again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even the draw is 9.5

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i cant find the draw no bet anymore?!?!?

got the draw at 9-1.

good work pennant...

Crouchiniho!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Get in, hope you got on the action at 40/1 :pac:

• Advertisement

I stuck a 10 on win 41/1 and 10 on the draw 9.5/1. C'mon.

Insua is on!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

COME ON!!

great work from pennant, really up for it today

mike65 wrote: »
    I stuck a 10 on win 41/1 and 10 on the draw 9.5/1. C'mon.

Insua is on!

Mike.

I think you have a betting problem Mike.

I will make money on this game! Or its beans on toast for tea ;)

Mike.

Insua already looks better than Riise.

• Advertisement

Does'nt he? Peeps who follow the reservers have been raving about him being ready and he is.

2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike.

Insua looks very comfortable on the ball, hope he gets a run out in the next two league games.

Pennant motm so far been at the heart of everything we have done well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

lol!

Good distribution of goals around the squad. If we had even one more top quality attacker I would be happy.

Torres - 30
    Gerrard - 21
    Kuyt - 11
    Crouch - 11
    Benayoun - 11
    Babel - 9

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yossi you suck (just in case).

YES!!! Yee can thank me with shares of any winnings ;)

COME ON!!

That Yossi is the worlds worst player and probably eats pork sausages on the quiet. Voronin is the worst striker since Sean Dundee.

Mike.

Pennant can suck my balls, hes ****. *fingers crossed*

Gerrard for Plessis soon please. Also maybe Kuyt for Voronin please.

Voronin is the worst striker since Sean Dundee.

Mike.

very accurate - unlike voronin:D

In all seriousness, Pennant has been brilliant today. Last time he played he scored and got an assist as well. I think we should be playing the following with Babel coming off the bench.

Torres

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Pennant

• Advertisement

worried about zarate, looks a very good player.

Should we sign him? Could we sign him? He is a bit slight in build.

Mike.

Why were Reina and Hyypia wasting time ? We looked like scoring for the last while. Retarded.

Happy Draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still might be beans on toast though.

Oh and the 4th place is now secured. :)

Mike.

well wehn he came on he did nothing - happy days. much better performance in the second half from the lads - pennant looked keepable today.

disappointed gerrard didn't come on after we got the second. him on the pitch for the last 10 instead of plessis could have made all the difference.

on the plus side pennant looked fantastic again, obviously playing for his future, showing he's a good squad player. Insua looked great again as well, really good going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Weren't Liverpool looking at Zarate this summer? He'd be a great signing imo.

PHB wrote: »
    Weren't Liverpool looking at Zarate this summer? He'd be a great signing imo.

yeah, Rafa was asked about him in an interview recently as well, said he's been tracking him and his 3 brothers for a long time. He's also good friends with Masch, comes to visit him in Liverpool fairly regularly. I agree he could be a very good signing, from what little i've seen of him so far. Only on loan still so will probably be on the market in the summer, could be gotten for a reasonable price, though his last move was an expensive one alright..if he ends up anything like in Football Manager, he'd be worth it ;)

it's been rumoured birmingham were told it would cost about 15m to make his transfer permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Given the starting line-up I would have taken a point from that match. In the end though I think we were a little unfortunate not to grab a winner. If only Yossi or Voronin could have steered their shots on target!

Insua looked good when he came on, Plessis did a straightfoward job in the middle. Pennant was very impressive on the right wing again. I wonder will Rafa chance him against Chelsea?

Crouch took his goal well but our forward line tends to look very static and not very inventive when Torres doesn't play. I think it's been mentioned before but it must be tough on the other strikers when they hear the Torres song booming out from the stands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Orizio wrote: »
    Both Plessis and Lucas are young, a little time and support would be nice. Instead of just slagging people off needlessly.

And Lucas is quite clearly not another Cheyrou. Lucas is neat and tidy, and capable of putting in some decent long range passes.

+1

Plessis is 20. He looked a little uncertain of himself in the first half. When you consider that its only his second ever game in the premiership, and that there was no other strong presence in the center of the field to support him, that was to be expected. He grew in confidence as the game went on, and put in a solid performance. He'll start to figure in the first team more next season, and within two years should be challenging for a regular first 11 place.

Lucas is 21. When you consider that at the start of the season that he was supposed to be a signing for the future, and not necessarily this season, I think he is doing well. He has shown signs of what he is capable of, and just needs to settle into the English game a little more i.e. the pace and physicallity of it. If this happens, he'll be a great asset to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

rosboy wrote: »
    +1

Plessis is 20. He looked a little uncertain of himself in the first half. When you consider that its only his second ever game in the premiership, and that there was no other strong presence in the center of the field to support him, that was to be expected. He grew in confidence as the game went on, and put in a solid performance. He'll start to figure in the first team more next season, and within two years should be challenging for a regular first 11 place.

Lucas is 21. When you consider that at the start of the season that he was supposed to be a signing for the future, and not necessarily this season, I think he is doing well. He has shown signs of what he is capable of, and just needs to settle into the English game a little more i.e. the pace and physicallity of it. If this happens, he'll be a great asset to us.

When you consider Anderson for utd is 20,has played like Lucas for gremio,both went straight to the pl(Anderson was injured for most of his porto career)

Look at the difference

Lucas cost 8 million or something,of course im going to be critical.I dont know if anyone spotted but plesis made 1 tackle I could see in the game and took out the man.

I judge by high standards and when a player is playing for Liverpool young or not,they should be judged on their performance,good or not.

they are playing at the highest level for a big club,its no joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

People slagging Lucas off clearly haven't watched our last two games against Blackburn and Fulham. He ran the midfield in both matches and is a fantastic prospect, very intelligent, very neat passer. It's unfair to judge him when he's alongside someone so inexperienced (Plessis will be a very good player though) against a team fighting for their lives.

Great to see Insua at last. I think we'll see a lot of him next season.

dc69 wrote: »
    I judge by high standards and when a player is playing for Liverpool young or not,they should be judged on their performance,good or not.

great ethos there, by that thinking Ronaldo would have been sold at the end of his first season.

edit: i see your quote has changed but you did say you judge liverpool players harshly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Pennant has been playing great for the reserves for a while now, I'd like him to break back into the 1st team, scored last week also.

• Advertisement

Lucas/Plessis was a wrong mix for this type of game - more Spurs match really.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Lucas/Plessis was a wrong mix for this type of game - more Spurs match really.

Mike.

It'd be nice to see Plessis and Insua and maybe Nemeth in the last two games, but amongst players like Gerrard, Mascherano, Torres etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Lucas wasn't great today but I agree with whatawaster. He's impressed me any time I've seen him, without being too noticeable - haven't seen him live yet though.

If we get through Chelsea, there's a fair chance that Lucas will get a game in Moscow, if Stevie G does a Roy Keane in the semis. I think he'd be well up to it.

Pennant looked good today as well - I agree with whovere said we should start him on Wednesday and bring supersub Babel on after 55 minutes.

Indeed. Next season the new subs rule should be good news for the best reserve players. I can see 4 or 5 getting some first team squad atmosphere on a regular basis.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It can only be a good thing with the new rule. Giving more of a choice to the manager and increasing options. Looking forward too it being used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Call_me_al wrote: »
    great ethos there, by that thinking Ronaldo would have been sold at the end of his first season.

edit: i see your quote has changed but you did say you judge liverpool players harshly

I do judge harshly,I never once said they should be sold.What I did say is I expect more from them(everyone to their own opinion).Lucas has showed signs of greatness and plesis is still young and not as experienced.Both can I feel be judged properly next season,although I expect Lucas to play a good bit,I dont think plesis is at that level,yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Wasnt' happy with the draw today, only because at the start of the season my 2nd choice other than winning the league outright in the "I would be happy with..." stakes for this season was to finish in single digits behind the eventual winners. We are now 11 behind and it could have been 9 today. :(

The problem wasn't playing Plesis or Lucas, it was playing them together. Central midfield is such an important position in regards to how the team plays and they are both a bit inexperienced at this level. Should really be one experienced player as one of the central two.

However, I dont criticize Benitez for playing the two of them as we have 4th and Champions League needs to take priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

spockety wrote: »
    Wasnt' happy with the draw today, only because at the start of the season my 2nd choice other than winning the league outright in the "I would be happy with..." stakes for this season was to finish in single digits behind the eventual winners. We are now 11 behind and it could have been 9 today. :(

True, but it wouldn't really make any difference. It's first, top 4 or nothing. Whichever of MU or Chelsea finishes 2nd (Chelsea surely) will be sickened. Especially if they don't win the CL.

Chelsea didn't look tired there on the premiership. They look galvanised and up for it.

dc69 wrote: »
    When you consider Anderson for utd is 20,has played like Lucas for gremio,both went straight to the pl(Anderson was injured for most of his porto career)

Look at the difference

Lucas cost 8 million or something,of course im going to be critical.I dont know if anyone spotted but plesis made 1 tackle I could see in the game and took out the man.

Call_me_al wrote: »

Drogba, Adebayor & Lescott didn't set the premiership alight in their first season either. Some players take a little time to adapt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Pennant had a cracker today. If only he always played like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There are probably a number of reasons for that, one of the main ones is bound to be that he was playing against players who are not as good as most of the others that he will be meeting week in and out in the prem and CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There are probably a number of reasons for that, one of the main ones is bound to be that he was playing against players who are not as good as most of the others that he will be meeting week in and out in the prem and CL.

+1. Will he be one of the players to be sold during the summer......?

Anyone got the stat for Crouchinhos mins/goals ratio?

Mike.

Anyone got the stat for Crouchinhos mins/goals ratio?

Mike.

Fantasy football website has him down at 929 min played this season. 5 Goals. 3 Assists. Thats 1 goal every 185 min.

Torres has 2358 min played. 22 Goals. 2 Assists. Thats 1 goal every 107 min.

These figure are for the premiership only.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement