Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

I think we'll see Lucas step into the playmakers role next season when he plays. We need two new CM's if Alonso leaves. If we are to have 2 per position that is. And even that is assuming Plessis is ready to play some league games next year.

Mascherano/Plessis----BARRY/Lucas

Gerrard/???

Lucas is 2 years away at least from being capable to be the playmaker
    in a title challenging team and thats assuming some serious improvement in
    the meantime.
    He would not be an automatic starter in 15+ premiership midfields
    at the moment so why would he start in Liverpools?
    If Alonso goes then 20m needs to be spent on someone to replace him
    as players of his quality are rare and always expensive.
    Look what Carrick cost for crying out loud!
    Barry as a direct replacement for Alonso would be a step back in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ibh wrote: »
    Yea i agree there is no comparison. I think when Barry is playing on top of his game he's a decent player, but Alonso on his game is unbelievable.

I have a lot of time for Alonso so i would like to see him stay but if he were to leave we would have to be looking at someone a lot better than Barry to replace him. Maybe we will look to De La Red, seen as we have been linked to him a few times. Can't really think of an others off the top of my head that we could realistically sign. BTW i think Xavi is an unrealistic target. Can see Barca doing a big clearout this summer, but i doubt he will be part of it.
    Maybe someone like wesley Sneijder from Madrid??? He wasn't always first choice, but i think he had a few injuries. Decent passer and a good free taker.

that's why i hope if he goes, Madrid go in for him. They at least have some good fringe players and we could get a good value cash + player deal with someone like De La Red (would that be possible? I know Madrid have an option but could they simply transfer that option to us?), Drenthe or Higuain maybe.

As i said above we need two midfielders in the event of Xabi's departure. If we manage to get say Barry and De La Red at little net outlay, i think we'll have done well. Alonso hasn't consistently performed in over two years.

IrishMike wrote: »
    the meantime.

But Alonso has not done it in 2 years at least not regularly. Does anyone have his assists tallies for his time at the club? I'd imagine it's not as good as you'd expect, though i may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

But Alonso has not done it in 2 years at least not regularly. Does anyone have his assists tallies for his time at the club? I'd imagine it's not as good as you'd expect, though i may be wrong.

You're right, Alonso has done little in the past 2 years and probably will need replacing. I'm not too bothered about how good a passer the replacement is, I'd much rather get someone who can (a) deliver the simple passes, (b) take a half decent free kick and most importantly (c) take a corner. Without wingers, we dont need to be spraying the ball across the field, but we do need to make all the simple passes count. Alonso has been guilty of letting play break down all too often in that area this year. We need a free kick taker, can't remember scoring too many from that particular outlet in ages and Gerrard cannot beat the first man at corners. TBH, I think Gerrard and Barry play well together for England and complement each other so perhaps Rafa is trying to achieve that? It could be a lot worse, we could be in for Lampard, and we all know Gerrard and Frank cant play in the same midfield. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw this which put Utds triumph in some sort of perspective
    Manchester United have now just one less European Cup than Phil Neal.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so can someone tell me the last time the 15m rated Alonso actually played like he was worth 15m, Alonso had an amzing first season, and its been downhill since then. If Rafa sells him for 15m then obviously he knows he is not gonna recapture that form.

i dont particularly think Barry is gonna make us title winners, but neither is Alonso on his form of the last two seasons. In one of the arsenal games in the CL he came off with like 20 passes completed and Cesc came off with 90+ iirc, thats shocking.

How many pages of interweb have been frittered away on this topic? No-one has a clue at this point if he is staying or going or if Barry is a replacment, or even if he is joining.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    How many pages of interweb have been frittered away on this topic? No-one has a clue at this point if he is staying or going or if Barry is a replacment, or even if he is joining.

Mike.

was thinking that myself Mike, but if we took that approach to all these rumors etc we'd have nothing to talk about :D

damn you guys i'm gonna go get football manager, there goes my day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

the meantime.

Agree with everything else that you said but do you really think that Lucas isn't good enough to get into most Prem teams, or were you just going for some serious exageration... I think he is potentially a class player for us. I think at the moment he would be starting in most other prem league teams aside from Manu, Chels & Arse. And i really hope he does develop the potential. Him and Mascher could be awesome in the engine room for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Looks like we are going to sign Riera from Espanyol. You may remember him from when he played for Man City ? Hes 26 years old and as with Dossena, hasnt been picked for his country for euro 2008. Again, dont want to be too pessimistic but it really is starting to look like we are signing 5 or 6 good players rather than 2 or 3 top class ones.

Rafa seems more keen on buying backup for the team rather than buying definite starters. I assume Riera would be back up for Babel, Degen back up for Arbeloa & Barry back up for Alonso if he stays. If Alonso goes, Barry replacing him is a step backwards.

This is a truly baffling transfer window. If we start next season with Alonso gone and Barry in his place and with Kuyt still occupying the right hand side, I will have lost a lot of faith in Benitez.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3572923,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

How can you lose faith in Rafa based on his signings this summer when he isn't being given the cash to buy the players we would all love him to buy

Tusky wrote: »
    Looks like we are going to sign Riera from Espanyol. You may remember him from when he played for Man City ? Hes 26 years old and as with Dossena, hasnt been picked for his country for euro 2008. Again, dont want to be too pessimistic but it really is starting to look like we are signing 5 or 6 good players rather than 2 or 3 top class ones.

Rafa seems more keen on buying backup for the team rather than buying definite starters. I assume Riera would be back up for Babel, Degen back up for Arbeloa & Barry back up for Alonso if he stays. If Alonso goes, Barry replacing him is a step backwards.

This is a truly baffling transfer window. If we start next season with Alonso gone and Barry in his place and with Kuyt still occupying the right hand side, I will have lost a lot of faith in Benitez.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3572923,00.html

That story is 3 weeks old though and there has not been any real noise about it since then.
    Actually have a feeling that its his agent cooking up interest tbh.
    He is actually not a bad player, big pretty fast and pretty skillful.
    He is not world class by any means but would not be a bad acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Riera is a fairly big physical lad for a skillful winger. Which will make Rafa think he has what it takes to make it in england. Kind of like a developed version of Leto. I reckon he would be a shrewd purchase.

dardoz wrote: »
    How can you lose faith in Rafa based on his signings this summer when he isn't being given the cash to buy the players we would all love him to buy

Maybe by spending money on our weakest areas rather than buying Barry for 15m. Its not as if we have no money to spend. With player sales added to our budget, even if it is only 15-20m, theres no reason why we couldnt pick up a top class full back and right sided attacker.

Torres

Babel
    Gerrard
    17m

Alonso--Masch

8m----Carra---Agger---Arbeloa

Reina

What has also gone against us in Rafas reign is the mass influx of players each season. We usually see at least 5 players leave in the summer and the same amount come in. Id like to see less players bought each summer, but of a higher quality. That would allow the team to gel.
    That story is 3 weeks old though and there has not been any real noise about it since then.
    Actually have a feeling that its his agent cooking up interest tbh.
    He is actually not a bad player, big pretty fast and pretty skillful.
    He is not world class by any means but would not be a bad acquisition.

That story is a week old. There have been a number of rumors about it.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/222/Premier-League-Liga-Riera-on-future/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Riera is a fairly big physical lad for a skillful winger. Which will make Rafa think he has what it takes to make it in england. Kind of like a developed version of Leto. I reckon he would be a shrewd purchase.

wasnt he crap for citeh tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Cyrus wrote: »
    wasnt he crap for citeh tho
    Don't remember to be honest, but he was only there between January and May, and that was a fairly shocking City team at the time.

Just look at Masch - he was cack at WH, for whatever reason.

true!

actually looks good here (spose they all do on the tube) strong and likes to take his man on

if he was 8m and we got a few quid from them for leto maybe not a bad deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVAMIIiSqM&feature=related

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Don't remember to be honest, but he was only there between January and May, and that was a fairly shocking City team at the time.

Just look at Masch - he was cack at WH, for whatever reason.

Hes 26 and hasnt been picked for the Euros. He isnt an established international. He scored 4 goals and 6 assists this year. Just seems like another Pennant or Benayoun style purchase to me.
    Cyrus wrote: »
    true!

actually looks good here (spose they all do on the tube) strong and likes to take his man on

if he was 8m and we got a few quid from them for leto maybe not a bad deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVAMIIiSqM&feature=related

Take a look at this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9b4H8zdfzE

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I had a look at him there on youtube. TBH he doesn't look very good. A slight improvement on Riise, but that wouldn't be hard. He doesn't seem to have any real pace which is a huge disadvantage in the premiership

• Advertisement

dardoz wrote: »
    I had a look at him there on youtube. TBH he doesn't look very good. A slight improvement on Riise, but that wouldn't be hard. He doesn't seem to have any real pace which is a huge disadvantage in the premiership

riera?

he is a winger not a LB and he looks quick enough to me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

glad to see some reasonable discussions here,sure i watched him on you tube and he was crap:confused:
    Barry is as good a player or better than alonso,lets be realistic here how many teams in the premiership would pick alosnso over barry?We cant spend another season hoping that he gets better can we.Barry is a good passer,great tackler and will take no time in getting used to the premiership.He will be a very god signing.

All this talk of the money we have,i have seen no evidence of this so far,rafa is using sales of crouch,carson,riise and pennant etc to fund his transfer targets.We have no indications if hicks and gillet are manking any money available or if there is any there to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hes 26 and hasnt been picked for the Euros. He isnt an established international. He scored 4 goals and 6 assists this year. Just seems like another Pennant or Benayoun style purchase to me.

Take a look at this guy.

Going by that video, I would have no probs with him.

Riera, although i haven't seen too much of him, would be a good purchase i think if we get him for 6/7 million. We badly need a left footer in attack. Such a small outlay will allow us to still buy at least one high quality/expensive wing forward.

Will someone who has immediate access to football manager check his pace and acceleration? I've heard some people call him quick, others slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Riera hits out at Espanyol and demands a transfer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3597488,00.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Posted this on my blog today and thought it would apply to you guys too.

blogimg_1725_30228-20080521235503145040.jpg

Apologies in advance for soiling your thread!

• Advertisement

If Liverpool didnt win the Champions League in 2005 Utd would only be one league title and one European cup away from their record...scary.

:D Word has it Fergie will not retire until he overhauls Liverpools league and EC haul - so may he die trying (and I mean that in the nicest way!). :pac:

Mike.

Take a look at this guy.

"In recent days Riera has said that the team's form cost him his place in the Spain squad for Euro 2008" from the skysports.com article.

so you're saying Tusky if he did make the Spanish squad you would be happy to sign him? Benayoun is a fixture is Isreals squad and he is muck. You're really just out for a whinge imo, we have confirmed 1 new player so far, thats more than United and Arsenal if you wanna spout stupid facts. if and when Barry and Riera sign (i have a feeling Rieras agent is just stirring up interest anyway) then complain away and if they are ****e and we come 5th next season you can tell us all you told us so, but until then your pessimism and repeated arguments are getting mind numbingly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

mike65 wrote: »
    :D Word has it Fergie will not retire until he overhauls Liverpools league and EC haul - so may he die trying (and I mean that in the nicest way!). :pac:

Mike.

These dark times for liverpool fans....knowing that john o shea and fletcher have premiership medals and champions league medals is a hard pill to swallow.

It was tough watching utd lift the two biggest trophies this season

Riera, although i haven't seen too much of him, would be a good purchase i think if we get him for 6/7 million. We badly need a left footer in attack. Such a small outlay will allow us to still buy at least one high quality/expensive wing forward.

Will someone who has immediate access to football manager check his pace and acceleration? I've heard some people call him quick, others slow.

just checked and i wouldnt sign him tbh!

Acceleration 14
    Pace 14

highest attributes are crossing and strength at 16.

Now before everyone jumps down my throat, i dont normally judge players through FM...

• Advertisement

These dark times for liverpool fans....knowing that john o shea and fletcher have premiership medals and champions league medals is a hard pill to swallow.

It was tough watching utd lift the two biggest trophies this season

Jimmy Traore and Igor Biscan have CL medals
    For every pro footballer thats a hard pill to swallow ;)

Jimmy Traore and Igor Biscan have CL medals
    For every pro footballer thats a hard pill to swallow ;)

QFT :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Its spelt Djimi

Call_me_al wrote: »
    "In recent days Riera has said that the team's form cost him his place in the Spain squad for Euro 2008" from the skysports.com article.

so you're saying Tusky if he did make the Spanish squad you would be happy to sign him? Benayoun is a fixture is Isreals squad and he is muck. You're really just out for a whinge imo, we have confirmed 1 new player so far, thats more than United and Arsenal if you wanna spout stupid facts. if and when Barry and Riera sign (i have a feeling Rieras agent is just stirring up interest anyway) then complain away and if they are ****e and we come 5th next season you can tell us all you told us so, but until then your pessimism and repeated arguments are getting mind numbingly boring.

No, I'm saying that if he was in the Spanish squad I would be happy to sign him. I'm just saying that his age(26), combined with the fact that he isnt in the Spanish squad for the Euros (he only has 4 caps for Spain) doesnt exactly make him look like a quality signing.

He doesnt have a stellar reputation either.

If my posts bore you, dont read them. The fact is, we have been linked to average player after average player. I would never completely judge a player until I see him play over a period of time but these links are hardly exciting. I'm just speaking about the situation as I see it. Its bleak and thats obviously why I'm coming across as pessimistic.

By the way, its a hell of a lot easier to get into the Israel squad than the Spanish squad so your point doesnt really carry much weight. I dont actually think Benayoun is muck. Hes a decent squad member...looks like this guy would be something similar. But do we need anymore decent squad members ?

does any know if Maxi Rodriguez has signed a new contract? i wouldnt mind him on our right wing and he can play up front.

Tusky, you have to admit that you have been particularly negative in the past few days about virtually everything that is rumoured to be happening.

Tusky, you have to admit that you have been particularly negative in the past few days about virtually everything that is rumoured to be happening.

I agree, I definitely have been. I'm sorry if Degen, Barry or Riera dont excite me.

I agree, I definitely have been. I'm sorry if Degen, Barry or Riera dont excite me.

Im sure there are lots of people in this thread that the signing of Degen will excite

* This is not sexual inuendo directed at Mr Alan, Honest

:D:D

Im sure there are lots of people in this thread that the signing of Degen will excite

* This is not sexual inuendo directed at Mr Alan, Honest

:D:D

If I had a picture of Mr.Alan I would photoshop him in between the two Degens and title it 'Double Trouble'! :D

well my point is Barry and Riera shouldnt excite you as they dont play for us and until they do i dont see a point in going on about them, especially Riera as only once have i heard us linked with him - thats about 5 times less then we have been linked with Aimar, Alves, Eto'o...

There are no rumours coming out of the club at the moment and i would say Rafa may be playing the media and trying to distance ourselves from having lots of money (which we probably dont btw) and therefore getting screwed in the market.

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote: »
    well my point is Barry and Riera shouldnt excite you as they dont play for us and until they do i dont see a point in going on about them, especially Riera as only once have i heard us linked with him - thats about 5 times less then we have been linked with Aimar, Alves, Eto'o...

There are no rumours coming out of the club at the moment and i would say Rafa may be playing the media and trying to distance ourselves from having lots of money (which we probably dont btw) and therefore getting screwed in the market.

But...this is a Liverpool rumours and general discussion thread. Thats what I'm doing. Discussing the rumours. When we have been linked with players that I have thought would be good signings, Ive said so. Aimar, Maxi Rodriguez, Villa, Silva, Bentley, Kranjcar etc.

It just so happens that lately we keep getting linked to average ones.

Degan is not there to excite you though. He is being signed as a squad player to strenghten the squad. In the same way that their is nothing to excite you about, there is nothing much to be down about or bitch about!!!

Riera is nothing but rumours..

And finally, Barry may not be something to be particularly excited about but again, the signing makes sense. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Alonso may be on the move. Alonso is one of my favourite players but he has been underperforming for 2 years now to the extent that I would rate Barry as a more effective player for the last season..

I firmly believe that the spine of the team, whether the first or second string, needs to be on a par with the very best - if not on par, then able to compete. Considering that the very best consists of Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes and Anderson for United or Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makalele for Chelsea, we have our work cut out.

I would prefer to sacrifice the signing of a winger in order to match Chelsea and United down the middle.

I personally hope that Lucas is the one to go in part exchange for what ya call him (there was a rumour in the past few days) and Barry replaces him as Mascherano, Gerard, Alonso and Barry would genuinely be one of the strongest in line ups in Europe.

If I am honest, that excites the **** out of me!

Degan is not there to excite you though. He is being signed as a squad player to strenghten the squad. In the same way that their is nothing to excite you about, there is nothing much to be down about or bitch about!!!

Riera is nothing but rumours..

And finally, Barry may not be something to be particularly excited about but again, the signing makes sense. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Alonso may be on the move. Alonso is one of my favourite players but he has been underperforming for 2 years now to the extent that I would rate Barry as a more effective player for the last season..

I firmly believe that the spine of the team, whether the first or second string, needs to be on a par with the very best - if not on par, then able to compete. Considering that the very best consists of Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes and Anderson for United or Ballack, Lampard, Essien and Makalele for Chelsea, we have our work cut out.

I would prefer to sacrifice the signing of a winger in order to match Chelsea and United down the middle.

I personally hope that Lucas is the one to go and Barry replaces him as Mascherano, Gerard, Alonso and Barry would genuinely be one of the strongest in line ups in Europe.

If I am honest, that excites the **** out of me!

Well Ive said lots on the Barry transfer so I wont go on about it again. All I'll say is this. If Barry is being brought in and we dont sell Alonso, it truly is a baffling piece of business. If Alonso is sold, I suppose it makes sense. Although I do feel it is a step backwards.

In regards to Degen being a squad player. I feel we need a new first choice right back. Hence me being disappointed that we have merely signined back up for that position.

If signing him frees up funds to sign someone fantastic in the wide right attacking slot, fantastic. If that doesnt happen well then I think its bad business.

[edit] one last thing. Alot of my worrying comes from the fact that next season is Rafas 5th in charge. I like Rafa and want him to stay. However, if he goes 5 seasons without even a challenge for the league, I think the supporters may turn on him. If Utd win the league next year, they will have equaled our record. This is why I feel that this transfer window is so crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

So Tusky, do you want us to sign, a first choice striker,2 first choice wingers, 2 new first choice fullbacks....all of the quality that excite you??

i promise there is not a team in the world who would spend that big in one summer with the exception of Chelsea if needed.

Alonso has said he has not going, Rafa has said he is not going. Looks like Lucas may be on his way, pr possibly loaned out-which is why Barry makes sense.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    So Tusky, do you want us to sign, a first choice striker,2 first choice wingers, 2 new first choice fullbacks....all of the quality that excite you??

i promise there is not a team in the world who would spend that big in one summer with the exception of Chelsea if needed.

Alonso has said he has not going, Rafa has said he is not going. Looks like Lucas may be on his way, pr possibly loaned out-which is why Barry makes sense.

No. Ive said before that we need two new first choice full backs, one new first choice right winger & a back up striker. If the funds arent there to get excellent players in all of these positions then I think we should sort out two now and leave the rest for next summer. I'd prefer that than buying second rate players in all of the aforementioned positions.

I'm not even talking about breaking the bank. 8m on each of the full back positions and 15-18m on the wide right attacking slot subsidized by player sales isnt all that outlandish is it ? Specially when you consider how much we should make from the sales of Carson, Riise, Pennant, Voronin & Finnan. We should also make a few million on selling reserve team players.

Then if Crouch is leaving, put the money from his sale directly back into replacing him.

Mr Alan wrote: »

there has been one rumor that Lucas may be on the move, it would be crazy to send him out on loan. and that was part of player exchange which doesnt seem to be even on the cards according to Hamsik.
    No. Ive said before that we need two new first choice full backs, one new first choice right winger & a back up striker. If the funds arent there to get excellent players in all of these positions then I think we should sort out two now and leave the rest for next summer. I'd prefer that than buying second rate players in all of the aforementioned positions.

I'm not even talking about breaking the bank. 8m on each of the full back positions and 15-18m on the wide right attacking slot subsidized by player sales isnt all that outlandish is it ?

Then if Crouch is leaving, put the money from his sale directly back into replacing him.

Why do we need a new rb when we have arbeloa? thats like me saying i am gonna be disappointed if we dont get a new keeper coz i am not mad on Reina even though he has consistently done the business for us...

you're gonna be disappointed all summer and hopefully for the next few years as hopefully Arbeloa goes on to be a main stay in our side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

With the difference between the Top 4 essentially being points won against each other, we need quality in positions which we are weak.

Any full back combination isn't as good as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U.

Our weakest positions are full back, wing, and striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zAbbo wrote: »
    With the difference between the Top 4 essentially being points won against each other, we need quality in positions which we are weak.

Any full back combination isn't as good as Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U.

Our weakest positions are full back, wing, and striker.

Take that back. Torres is twice the striker they'll ever have*.

* Since Mr Alan isnt around to ensure no rogue comment goes unretorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really wouldn't get too worried about liverpools transfer business at the moment. They have already brought in one player(can't judge him) and the season is only over since yesterday really. Also if i remember correctly, babel was bought on the same day that they reported liverpool as being interested in him so give rafa the summer anyway.

From what i see lucas is getting a lot of stick for having a poor season. Thats extremey harsh, not only ha he played well in some big games(Inter) but he is only 20 or 21 and in a new continent!! Give the boy some chance to progress.

Why is dirk kuyt being defended in some posts. He is probably the best defensive winger in the world however i really don't know any team in the world who would want a player like that.. he works hard and thats about it. no skill, speed crossing abilty. he even seems to have a problem linking up some play. he is turning into momo!!! He may have scored important goals but he has also missed glorious chances. i would love a proper winger and i'll keep dreaming of messi coming until he retires.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Look I know Kuyt ain't great or very good but he done his best in a position he's not suited to.And he gives his all. I am in no means saying he should stay but he done a job last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement