Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Poor kid, at least Gerrard is okay though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hope the kids not a blue, what'll he do with a Stevie G duvet cover?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Ah crazy kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

haha, i love the way that picture says 'Gerrard; Traffic Collision' and he's giving a thumbs up. Job well done Stevie.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mike65 wrote:
    Hope the kids not a blue, what'll he do with a Stevie G duvet cover?

Mike.

The lad was a Man U supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ah well thats alright then!!! ;)

seriously, sounds like the media attempting to make a big deal out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

and sounds like typical pool fans trying to brush it off as nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how do you brek you leg running into the side of a slow moving car?

the kid ran into the side of his car, probably just trying to get an autograph or something. its not like stevie was pissed, speeding through an estate and ran him over

ya'll have to ask the kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

stevie was pissed, speeding through an estate and ran him over
    HE WHAT!?

Shame on Stevie....

its alright though-was only a manc :)

honestly millersangel, thats not funny

regardless of how many :) you put at the end of it

dont be so touchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Tauren wrote:
    how do you brek you leg running into the side of a slow moving car?

Depending on how he fell his leg could easily have ended up under the wheel of the moving car.

dont be so touchy.

its not touchy, but if a liverpool player broke his leg and someone wrote

its only a liverpool player :)

there would be uproar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Only from you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

event wrote:
    honestly millersangel, thats not funny

regardless of how many :) you put at the end of it

my emotions are hurt also. i think its scandalous that ppl dare make jokes about mildly amusing news that is essentially everyday life. the aftershock of hurt feelings is too much in these times of need. save the whales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He was probably off to join Chelsea again and the scouse kid threw himself in front of the car to stop him leaving, at which point Stevie Me felt guilted into staying with an inferior club (again). :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what do people make of pepe's record? is he all that good really? or is it the defence in front of him? IMO the best we have had for years. his distribution is excellent and he's a good sweeper too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

astrofool wrote:
    He was probably off to join Chelsea again and the scouse kid threw himself in front of the car to stop him leaving, at which point Stevie Me felt guilted into staying with an inferior club (again). :)

oooooooohh

controversial!!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

astrofool wrote:

Dont think we're inferior to the blue scum anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

evil_seed wrote:
    what do people make of pepe's record? is he all that good really? or is it the defence in front of him? IMO the best we have had for years. his distribution is excellent and he's a good sweeper too

Definitely the best keeper we've had in at least 15 years. Not too hard though. He has dropped a few clangers in his time at anfield(FA Cup final) but he's made up for it with some of his motm performances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

evil_seed wrote:

I think so with the amount of clean sheets he has had over past few years he has proved himself as one of the best keepers around.

evil_seed wrote:

he is an amazing shot stopper, very good at coming out to sweep up too

i still believe he is a bit suspect on crosses, but a lot of keepers are

he's still young enough for a keeper, isnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Archimedes wrote:

Thats brutal, was it all your own work?

X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Melion wrote:
    Dont think we're inferior to the blue scum anymore

Anymore ? wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

event wrote:
    he is an amazing shot stopper, very good at coming out to sweep up too

i still believe he is a bit suspect on crosses, but a lot of keepers are

he's still young enough for a keeper, isnt he?
    He came in for a lot of stick from people after dropping the ball in front of Everton's Andy Johnson during the Goodison derby at the start of last season. Personally I think he's the best goalkeeper in the league. He's only 25/26 which hopefully means he can only get better! Watching the Reading match recently, it felt weird seeing Itandje in the goalkeeper's shirt and frankly, he didn't inspire the same confidence in me as Reina.
    Archimedes wrote:
    Why was Gerrard wearing last season's away kit? Surely on his wages he could afford this season's strip?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

zing wrote:
    Anymore ? wtf

well they were obviously the better team for the 2 years they won the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

event wrote:
    its not touchy, but if a liverpool player broke his leg and someone wrote

its only a liverpool player :)

there would be uproar

Overreact much?

X in the city implied he hopes Gerrard was in jured till after the .derby, and guess what? it was taken the way it was meant, in jest.

Stop being so over sensitive.

Re: Reina, I'm not sure. The defence has a lot to do with it. I dont remember off hand Reina having to pull off a lot of saves that you wouldnt be expecting a top keeper to save anyway. If we'd conceeded anymore goals so far this season for example I'd be unimpressed as there hasnt been a shot that I'd have been happy to conceed from.

Tauren, nobody else commented on your trolling edit, so I will. Anymore of that low cunning and it'll be Report Post time.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think Reina is a great keeper. I still think hes a bit behind Cech and maybe on par with VDS though.

Hes played 104 games for Liverpool and kept 56 clean sheets. A very impressive record although it also has alot to do with our defence and the way we play.

think Reina is the best in the league and he is just turned 25.

sure he has made some mistakes, but every goalie does, whats important is how he bounces back from those mistakes, example:last year, early season clanger against Everton, then went on to win the golden gloves, brilliant.

Been meaning to make a post about all the doom and gloom Ive been seeing on Liverpool forums and been hearing from fans. I have to say im pretty damn chuffed with the season so far.

- 7 games played in the league, unbeaten.

- 2 goals conceeded, both from penalties. No goals from open play.

- Unbeaten in all competitions.

- Best start to the season both points wise, and in terms of clean sheets for a long time.

- Torres has hit the ground running with 6 goals to his name already

- Two of our rivals (Chelsea & Spurs) are in dissaray

- We have had 3 bad performances (Portsmouth, Birmingham & Porto) but only two bad results (Port & Bir) & at the end of the day the bad results were two draws, not losses.

- Its also worth noting - we have played one less home game than Arsenal and have also already played one of the big 4, which they havent.

Here is a comparison of this seasons form to last. (Ive nicked this)

2007-08
    V Villa, won 2-1 (3)
    V Chelsea, drew 1-1 (1)
    V Sunderland, won 2-0 (3)
    V Derby, won 6-0 (3)
    V Portsmouth, drew 0-0 (1)
    V Birmingham, drew 0-0 (1)
    V Wigan, won 1-0 (3)
    (15 points from 7 games. Average points= 2.13 p/g. Goal scored= 12, average p/g=1.71, Goals conceded= 2, average p/g= 0.29.)

2006-07
    V Sheffield United, drew 1-1 (1)
    V West Ham United, won 2-1 (3)
    V Everton, lost 3-0 (0)
    V Chelsea lost 2-0 (0)
    V Newcastle, won 2-0 (3)
    V Spurs, won 3-0 (3)
    V Bolton, lost 2-0 (0)
    (10 points from 7 games. Average points= 1.43 p/g. Goals scored=8, average p/g=1.14.
    Goals conceded= 9, average p/g=1.28.)

2005-06
    V Boro, drew 0-0 (1)
    V Sunderland, won 1-0 (3)
    V Spurs, drew 0-0 (1)
    V Mancs, drew 0-0 (1)
    V Birmingham, drew 2-2 (1)
    V Chelsea, lost 4-1 (0)
    V Blackburn, won 1-0 (3)
    (10 points from 7 games. Average points= 1.43 p/g. Goals scored= 5, average p/g=0.71. Goals conceded= 6, average p/g=0.86.)

I agree with all your points, but i'm pretty sure we've played the same amount of games as Arsenal?

Spurs??????????????????? :eek:

News just in - Harry is due back for Oct 25th reserve game with Newcastle at 7.45pm, due to pick up groin strain at 7.54 pm.

Mike.

I agree with all your points, but i'm pretty sure we've played the same amount of games as Arsenal?

Take a second look amigo...one less home game.

Tusky wrote:
    Take a second look amigo...one less home game.

apologies-now i agree wit all your points! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

All the stats and "best of all our crap league starts" doesnt change the fact that certainly home to Brum should have been a banker and we really should be beating Pompey home and away.

The fact that we were crap and lost home and away to Brum last time round changes nothing of the fact it should have been a banker.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    All the stats and "best of all our crap league starts" doesnt change the fact that certainly home to Brum should have been a banker and we really should be beating Pompey home and away.

The fact that we were crap and lost home and away to Brum last time round changes nothing of the fact it should have been a banker.

I agree, absolutely. Both games were very frustrating and we should have walked away with 6 points. I was just pointing out that its not all doom & gloom. We have a game in hand on 2nd & 3rd place and I still think we are in a very strong position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stekelly wrote:

I agree in general with what you are saying and in an ideal world, I would like us to win these matches and for us not worry about what other clubs are doing.

However, it does boil down to how many points we have compared to other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I'm a little concerned about this talk of either Benayoun or Babel starting tonight. Surely both of them must play. Riise is just hopeless on the left wing. i'd like to see Lucas play again tonight. I think the pace of the reading game passed him by, but he still looked very good on the ball. I think tonight could suit him more. I'd play him alongside Sissoko as I think Gerrard needs a rest and Mascherano needs a kick up the backside. My team:

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Aurelio----

Benayoun
    Sissoko
    Lucas
    Babel----

Voronin----Crouch

Then we should be nice and fresh for Spurs, who'll be up for the game after their comeback the other night.

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa

Pennant
    Gerrard
    Mascherano
    Babel

Torres
    Kuyt

Agree with both of those teams!

I think the biggest posative sign so far this season is the fact that we have won three away games out of our first 4. Last season we won 6 times away from home....in total & that was why we lost the league as our home form as as good as anyone elses.

does anyone reckon we should give Babel a shot up front?

I'll guess

Reina
    Finnan--Carra-Hyypia-Arbeloa
    Yossi--Masch-Gerrard-Aurelio
    Torres-Crouch

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Personally I feel if we put out a team without either Gerrard or Torres, we're gonna struggle against Marseille. On paper, yea sure it looks good enough but... I don't think I need to finish that sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We should be more than good enough to win without those two. Gerrard looks jaded anyway so in the long-term it will be to his benefit. And I reckon leaving Torres out will make him hungry to score against Spurs - look at the reading performance, he certainly wasn't rusty so we don't have to worry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

We should be more than good enough to win without those two.

The thing is we hear that all the time...then end up with a 0-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With no Gerrard or Torres that would leave Yossi as pretty much the only bit of creativity on the pitch..Lucas could be if with Masch, but with Sissoko he has to hang back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement