Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Marseille deserved that. We're pants.

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

how did someone not score then

• Registered Users Posts: 34 likeacod

OMG off the f****n post!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

FFS. Now that we're desperate to get something from the game we have them penned in in their box. Why can't we do this from the start of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

We were ****e tonight, christ i am depressed after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Useless, absolutely useless. And that goes for Benitez too, why the f*ck was Sissoko kept on the pitch for the 90 minutes?

I hope that performance gives all the players a kick up the arse and they start playing like they were at the start of the season. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Terrible performance. Sissoko was absolutely, without doubt, horrendously awful tonight. Really terrible. ****ing woeful. He looked half asleep for the whole game.

well played Marseilles. Deserved the win.

Porto won so its

Marseille 6
    Porto 4
    Liverpool 1
    Greeks 0

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

What a dissapointment.
    Leto was a bad choice, gave the ball away every chance.
    Sissoko, easily the worst he has ever played for Liverpool, Masch should've been in there.
    Crouch and Torres completely isolated, Crouch did nothing to ensure his spot.
    Really depressing stuff.
    Now that Torres has played three in a row, there's no chance of seeing him against Spurs I'd say, which is sad because Spurs are only of the only teams we've come up against in the last few weeks that may come out against us.
    Bad night for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Marseille deserved to take the points tonight, they came to play football which they did brilliantly and away from home.
    Great strike aswell for the goal. Sissoko was brutal, he shoulda been taken off at half-time, if not earlier and he was the cause of the goal.
    Without Pepe in goal that would have been an embarassment.
    Leto was a big gamble that didn't pay off.
    I thought Crouch did well[not his biggest fan], but he could control the ball and at least pass it. Our midfield was sh!te, and Marseille exploited it by playing some nice football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

So we can all agree that Sissoko should be shipped back to Mali, p45 in hand now, right? Credit where it's due though, he has done a good impression of a football player up until tonight, joke's over though.

Benayoun's as annoying as Garcia at his worst.

Crouch had a brilliant opportunity to slide Torres in before Marseille scored and he just didn't... I'm certain he saw the pass... thought about it... but just didn't. Crowd got on his back after that, and rightly so.

Shambles.

Anyone seen Rafa justify his selection yet?

Thats the 4th or 5th poor peformance in quick succession, El Boss has to stop tinkering and stick with 16 players and no-one else.

Reina
    Itandje
    Finnan
    Agger
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa
    Carra
    Masch
    Alonso
    Babel
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Yossi
    Kuyt
    Torres
    Voronin

Some continuity has to be established so a given team actually looks like a unit not a collection of nervous strangers.

Carra added :o Riise out.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I cant believe how bad we were tonight,terrible terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I wonder what he meant last week when he said he wants Torres fit for the last 10 to 15 games of the season? Is he optimising for the League Cup or the FA cup or something because we're not going to be in much else unless Sissoko, Leto and Crouch are culled from our squad right now. No more games for them ever. We need a fixed 11 and play them until they can play no more. Maybe then they'll start to play football and link up and realise this long ball isnt going to cut the mustard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sissoko was horrendous. But, more importantly, everything was just so ****ing flat until they scored. No urgency, no cohesion, no ideas.

Makes me a sad panda. :mad:

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone seen Rafa justify his selection yet?

Thats the 4th or 5th poor peformance in quick succession, El Boss has to stop tinkering and stick with 16 players and no-one else.

Reina
    Itandje
    Finnan
    Agger
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa
    Riise
    Masch
    Alonso
    Babel
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Yossi
    Kuyt
    Torres
    Voronin

Some continuity has to be established so a given team actually looks like a unit not a collection of nervous strangers.

Mike.
    Where's Carragher?

I'd rather Lucas dropped from that list for Harry too (if he ever gets fit) ;)

Reina
    Itandje
    Finnan
    Agger
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa
    Riise
    Masch
    Alonso
    Babel
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Yossi
    Kuyt
    Torres
    Voronin

are they not pretty much the only players that have featured? a lot of the changes Rafa has made have been forced upon him in fairness

I am starting to come to the conclusion that Momo and Gerrard cant play in the same midfield.

are they not pretty much the only players that have featured? a lot of the changes Rafa has made have been forced upon him in fairness
    No. Pennant, Carra, Leto, Aurelio and Crouch have all played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dub13 wrote:
    I am starting to come to the conclusion that Momo and Gerrard cant play in the same midfield.

Sissoko just cant play full stop. Compatibility with others didnt make him lose the ball every time he got it or be sloppy and cost a goal.

• Advertisement

Where's Carragher?

Meh, we've been carrying him for years, time to cut loose.

And do we not think they should have? Pennant, Carra, Aurelio and Crouch? Do we not think they are good enough or something??!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

my bro who is a liverpool fan thinks that Benitez could be in trouble. after a few poor performances in the league and champs league is it onomous for liverpool...altough in saying that i told im that liverpool do not overreact like many clubs would...

they have a long term picture and not interested in short term glitches.but with new owners there may be less patience

Whoops Carra got omitted and yes there would be a berth for Harry if he proves himself fit and sharp in a few games. I know he frustrates with injuries but we know he's got quality.

Pennant has been good at times but lacks guile and is prone to 'stupid' stuff, I think Lucas would be worth a place over the season. I've dropped Crouch more out of neccessity than anything else and I reckon Rafa has made up his mind about him.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

One thing we can take from tonight is that Marseille are far superior to Derby County.

And do we not think they should have? Pennant, Carra, Aurelio and Crouch? Do we not think they are good enough or something??!?!?!?!

Carra was obviously a mistake ommision. Pennant is hot and cold, someone a bit more consistant and he should be shown the door, so thats not a good reflection on him. Crouch was poor tonight and is in general. HE doesnt jus, balls bounce off him and he hasnt scored enough. I wont mourn his loss. Aurelio was terrible tonight. He was completely absent from left full every time MArseilles came forward , they had players over on the back post with Aurelio nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Melion wrote:
    Dont think we're inferior to the blue scum anymore

Banned Melion.

Washout wrote:
    my bro who is a liverpool fan thinks that Benitez could be in trouble. after a few poor performances in the league and champs league is it onomous for liverpool...altough in saying that i told im that liverpool do not overreact like many clubs would...

they have a long term picture and not interested in short term glitches.but with new owners there may be less patience

dont think Rafa is in any danger to be honest, two bad results at the end of the day is all thats happened (marseille/birmingham), thats the first goal from open play Reina has conceeded and thats our first loss of the season.

the scaremongers may try and convince otherwise, but tonight was only a little blip imo.

Archimedes wrote:
    One thing we can take from tonight is that Marseille are far superior to Derby County.

I am not sure what point you are making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Load of sh**%. way to much respect for them as usual, the whole team bar stevie finnan played durt.

Paco where are you now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

the scaremongers may try and convince otherwise, but tonight was only a little blip imo.

Very true, the pool should still have plenty of time to turn things around in their group. I still think they will qualify for the next stages of the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Theres been a few bad performances but at the end of the day its our first loss this season...we are 4th in league with a game in hand on 2nd and 3rd so lets not over-react. We were playing well at the beginning of the league so I think we will get over this slump.

Dub13 wrote:
    I am not sure what point you are making.

I know he's one of those people who think liverpool are unbeatable bacause they put 6 past derby County LOL !!! FFS

Its downwards from here, (just having a laugh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

When is Alonso back?!!?

He is not making a point, just fishing for reaction, ignore him.

Stekelly: Pennant is hot and cold but he is about the best we have tbh, and he has been fairly consistant for over a year. Aurelio is just back from long term injury, and looked an excellent player before he got injured. Crouch is our fourth choice striker.

Don't get the point you're making, should we not play them? wat about Gerrard? he has been ****e since the Chelsea game?!

Lads, this is our first loss of the season, it was always gonna come. its not that big a deal imo

3-4 weeks ditto Agger.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

To be honest I'd be a bit worried if I was a Liverpool fan. You've played 10 game sthis season(not including League Cup) and they've been poor-ok in 6 of them. They played well in 4. Those 4 were against Chelsea, Toulouse @home, Derby and Sunderland.

The last 3 on that list of 4 most teams should be playing well against. Excluding the league cup thats 2 2 goals in the last 5 games now. The scaremongers may have a point.

He is not making a point, just fishing for reaction, ignore him.

Stekelly: Pennant is hot and cold but he is about the best we have tbh, and he has been fairly consistant for over a year. Crouch is our fourth choice striker.

Don't get the point you're making, should we not play them? wat about Gerrard? he has been ****e since the Chelsea game?!

Lads, this is our first loss of the season, it was always gonna come. its not that big a deal imo

Agree 95% on what you say, although I think Crouch with a few games behind him will improve, at the moment he has lost his confidence, esp with the bad press his missus is giving him.. . poor crouchie.

5% goes to Paco, we miss him.

Nope they dont.

Birmingham and tonight were awful.

Porto was bad.

everything else imo was varying from ok to excellent.

TBH:i dont know wat to say about Paco, not sure how much of an input he had in the team, know he talked a lot to the players, but in all fairness, he was a fitness coach, so it may be overestimating his effect on the team.

• Advertisement

Wigan should have been a draw mate, we were super lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nope they dont.

Porto was bad.

TBH:i dont know wat to say about Paco, not sure how much of an input he had in the team, know he talked a lot to the players, but in all fairness, he was a fitness coach, so it may be overestimating his effect on the team.
    Did you not see the Wigan match last week or the Portsmouth game a few weeks back? If you thought they were ok to excellent performances you're standards must be pretty low. I'm thinking your girlfriend isn't much of a looker.

Now now Pighead, best behaviour!! Being a bit presumptious - millersangel could be single after all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Washout wrote:

If your bro thinks that Benitez could be in trouble, then I fear he hasn't given it much thought.

No way Benitez is in trouble,we are Liverpool we do things our way.

Nope they dont.

Porto was bad.

Pompey was pretty bad in fairness.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote:
    Now now Pighead, best behaviour!! Being a bit presumptions - millersangel could be single after all!

presumptive I think is the word you looking for. Says it all really. :p

Dub13 wrote:
    No way Benitez is in trouble,we are Liverpool we do things our way.

Also known as the hard way :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Pighead wrote:
    Did you not see the Wigan match last week or the Portsmouth game a few weeks back? If you thought they were ok to excellent performances you're standards must be pretty low. I'm thinking your girlfriend isn't much of a looker.

Why is it that when other top teams (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea) play s***e but still pull out results and maintain good league position, it is said that it's "Championship winning form", but when Liverpool finally start doing it, they're slated?

I fear that when Liverpool finally do win the League again, they won't get any/much credit from anyone for it no matter how they go about it.

Washout wrote:

ur ma thinks benitez is in trouble.

spockety wrote:
    Why is it that when other top teams (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea) play s***e but still pull out results and maintain good league position, it is said that it's "Championship winning form", but when Liverpool finally start doing it, they're slated?

I fear that when Liverpool finally do win the League again, they won't get any/much credit from anyone for it no matter how they go about it.

The wigan game was 1. Others (pompey, Brum, Porto) ended up with poor results., draws r bad mmmmmmkay.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement