Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crouch would be like Carew or Koller on le continent I guess.

I wonder does Rafa read the sporting press, when sober chaps like Hugh McIlvanney are pondering Benitez mentality maybe he should have pause for thought.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thing is though, i dont see what he offers over other players , the fact that he can jump or head a ball means his height advantange is cancelled out. Any defender with half a brain should be able to cop on and just play him likle he would any other player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    Crouch would be like Carew or Koller on le continent I guess.

I wonder does Rafa read the sporting press, when sober chaps like Hugh McIlvanney are pondering Benitez mentality maybe he should have pause for thought.

Mike.

I think he gets more stubborn, often to his own detriment the more things written about him in the press/said abolut him by pundits. The more said about his rotation and letting the team gel, the more he seems determind to change the team around. It's not something I'd consider a strenght in his character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't jump or head the ball shirley? ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

redspider wrote:
    For example, how many of us would have put Leto into the starting 11? Maybe 1% of us, if that? Leto AND Sissoko AND Benayoun .... maybe only 1 person, and that was Rafa!

C'mon Rafa, get it right next time ......

Redspider

I'd be interested to hear what you think the effect of the departure of Paco has had on Rafa's team selection, IMO we have been lucky so far as we have recently had mediocre opposition in the prem. How do ye feel about our last seasons No1 goal scorer being left on the bench? I think its a confidence thing and given some real runs, crouch can perform well.

I know today is going to be a massive test for liverpool, its make or break time for the over-all well being and confidence of the team, if we can't beat Spurs (a top 10 team) today I will have serious doubts of how things are being managed now, and will be over the rest of the season.

Personally I dont think teams like wigan have improved that much this season (beaten 4 - 0 to utd) its a lame excuse for rafa's recent short comings. Maybe this is new territory for rafa because as far as having great resources to work with, its never happened before, he has always been working with the fishes and the bread in that regard... i.e limited resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Today's team sheet.

Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Arbeloa, Pennant, Riise, Gerrard, Mascherano, Torres, Voronin. Subs - Itandje, Benayoun, Kuyt, Babel, Lucas.

Pennant's back which is good. Would prefer to see Babel on the left though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

aaaaaahhhhhhhh. No Babel. I want to slap Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I wish Rafa would stop rotating the front two on a weekly basis. Im not as against rotation as a lot of people seem to be but how are the front two supposed to form a partnership if they are different every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

agreed. its infuriating! I really want to see Torres and Kuyt given a run of 3 or 4 games straight together. Having said that, under the Benitez method, technically Voronin will be better suited to Spurs playing a bit higher up the pitch, seems a fair bit faster then Kuyt. But still.

Really annoyed Riise is starting before Babel. Has Babel done something?! Hope to see at least 30mins from him anyway..era all in all, the team looks good, Riise the only somewhat weak link (besides Sami's pace but nought we can do about that).

• Advertisement

5 changes, still a strong team veroinin and torres play well together. Tight changes.

No place for Sissoko. Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Riise should only play in case of an emergency, and then only at left back. Kuyt and Torres should play most games together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This game is Live on Newstalk....

any working vid streams?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

this is the first game of the season not on standard TV channels..

~Rebel~ wrote:
    any working vid streams?

Here is a decent list of them,I am going through that list now if you come across one that works let me no.

http://84.51.233.73/forums/showthread.php?t=203

• Advertisement

sopcast channel 887 in theory works, but its terrible, get about 3 seconds every 20 or 30! and you have to stream it through VLC (have sopcast open and playing, then open VLC and put this; http://127.0.0.1:8902 into the network streams part and you'll get it. Crap today but works other times when Sopcast is acting up)

This http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sun7.10/Liverpool_Tottenham3.html is slowly slowly working its way through buffering so might get through.. appartantly bad weather in Asia is mesing up P2P's

yes

All is forgiven! Voronator sticks it in!

Goal Voronin!!

Followed up a Gerrard free kick. Robinson couldn't hold it!!

• Advertisement

Good man Voronin....1:0

still n luck with a stream..just listening to audio. anyone else find anything?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    still n luck with a stream..just listening to audio. anyone else find anything?

Nothing yet.

Interesting to see (or should I say hear) how Robinson plays now...you kind of pity the lad while hoping he concedes a few today.

Dub13 wrote:
    Interesting to see (or should I say hear) how Robinson plays now...you kind of pity the lad while hoping he concedes a few today.

the lads on sky sports before the reading-derby game were talking about the differences with the synthetic pitch the England team will be playing on in Russia, saying it'll be difficult for the keeper the way the ball zipps off the ground. Already making excuses for him ;)

Gerrard just hit the post from another free kick.

Robinson was well beaten.

Carragher just cleared off our line. Pretty open game. There's more goals in this for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Newstalk gone back to rugby

Radio link anyone or stream:confused:

Its not on newstalk...rugby is on. Or am I wrong ? Cant seem to find a good stream.

vietnamtv.com and VTC1 works but its really slow. Unwatchable. Would love to see this game, why isnt it televised ?

Gerrard just hit the post from another free kick.

Robinson was well beaten.

Carragher just cleared off our line. Pretty open game. There's more goals in this for sure.

How are you watching it ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tusky wrote:
    Would love to see this game, why isnt it televised ?

Because it is a re arranged game. In all fairness its the first pool match not been shown live on either Sky or Setanta this season.

Its a good game mind you. I am watching in on Digialb

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:

Im gonna hazard a guess at Aurtrailian TV.

Tusky wrote:

It's on tv over here.

Have the equivalent of Sky Digital (called Foxtel). It's bloody brilliant. I can watch any of the games that are on now.

Doesn't help you guys though. Sorry!

We've cut them open twice in the last few mins. Torres and Voronin both should have scored.

We look a completely different team to the game during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Dub13 wrote:

...that was diabolical goalkeeping!

Dammit. Keane equalised.

Kick out nodded down by Berbatov, Keane raced between Finnan and Carragher and flicked it by Reina.

Spurs look occasionally dangerous. We really need to take our chances to make sure of this.

Robbie keane equalises for spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

:( Just at half time too

Keane again. 1-2

This is going wrong.

Another knock down from Berbatov. Him and Keane have the sort of understanding that I can only dream of for our strikers.

G'won Robbie Keane;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Aquos76 wrote:
    G'won Robbie Keane;)

You really chose the right thread for that mate! :(

You really chose the right thread for that mate! :(

Ah cant beat a bit of banter:D

Kuyt on for pennant

spurs fans will be out of the woodwork for this one.

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match2.htm The second RealPlayer one is working for me! It might say server is full, but press play on realplayer and it might work (did for me!)

Super sub Yossi coming on for Voronin.

We're overcooking it every time we get near their box.

• Advertisement

the commentary from that strea, is perfectly synched with the newstalk feed. Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Come on Spurs! City to cement third spot. Love it!

Xavi6 wrote:
    Come on Spurs! City to cement third spot. Love it!

Well they have 3 added mins to hang on

Torres!!!!

2-2

get in there!!!! Torres 2-2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement