Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well yes, I didnt mean the penalty was questionable, I just meant Gerrards tumble was questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

WTF is Rafa doing with these substitutions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fu<king hell, Rafa is making subs with the CL in mind! Gerrard off and Yossi too.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

how cheeky? gerrard goes and shakes the refs hand

Gerrard didnt look too happy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

how is it if the foul was outside the box?

He started pulling outside the box, and kept pulling inside the box. Whistle went while inside the box. ergo, penalty.

Odd change from Rafa..with the man advantage i'd have preferred in Momo went off maybe, have 2 creative midfielders with Masch rather then 1..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He started pulling outside the box, and kept pulling inside the box. Whistle went while inside the box. ergo, penalty.

Odd change from Rafa..with the man advantage i'd have preferred in Momo went off maybe, have 2 creative midfielders with Masch rather then 1..
    looked like he started to go down about half a yard outside the box though.

Why is Rafa playing 3 defensive midfielders against 10 men?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 likeacod

voronin you plank.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Why is Rafa playing 3 defensive midfielders against 10 men?

good question.

to be fair, Lucas is a bit of both, very capable of playing OMF as well, but as you say, surely it had to be a DMF to come off.

Momo...momo...oh god..

Voro should have done better a min ago too

If he had insisted on bringing Gerrard off surely Pennant was the logical choice as a replacement. Then again, Rafa and logical dont get along. Something tells me Pool will nick this.

I'm starting to hope Everton win. Benitez needs punishing.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm starting to hope Everton win. Benitez needs punishing.

Mike.

for shame Mike. For Shame.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

would have been a goal from Lucas..justification of Rafa?

Holy crap Neville hand ball. Peno. Why are derbys never simple?

Goal!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 likeacod

omg there is a god. penalty penalty. neville off

omg

kuyt scored

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

put your hands up for dirk kuyt, put your hands up for dirk kuyt

Rafa will now get away with some of the worst decisions he's ever made.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mike.

lol @ this match

lescott and everton could have had 2 penaltys instead liverpool did lol, moyes will be livid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

What a jailbreak.... nice game ref :D

awful call on the penalty at the end, Lescott, with the ball at his feet, wrestled to the ground!

Disappointed for Lucas, friggin Neville stopping him becoming an instant hero.

Anyone else while watchign ever get the feeling Carra is the real captain? Id actually forget he's not sometimes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Neville could be england's answer in goals. what a save!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

wow...what a one eyed ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Lucas was class in his 20mins.

We got lucky today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Disgrace of a ref today, what the hell was he playing at?! Lets himself be bossed into changing his mind by gerrard for the first sending off and turns down a stone wall penalty for Everton in injury time after giving Liverpool two pens:rolleyes:

Rafa will now get away with some of the worst decisions he's ever made.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mike.

The question now Mike, to wreck your head with, is If Gerrard didn't go off for Lucas, would we have won? No Lucas = no goalbound shot saved by the Neviller Jr and no Pen. Didn't really miss Gerrard on the pitch, but would have preferred Momo off for Lucas.

Lucas impressed again, albeit an easy 20mins

Lol @ Redknapkin.

Gerrard would have buried the shot that Momo (I think) fluffed.

Mike.

Gerrard would have buried the shot that Momo (I think) fluffed.

Mike.
    Would he have even gotten a chance like that? All ifs n buts. If Gerrard didnt go off, Liverpool may not have won. But he did, and we did win. Still dont agree with Gerrard off instead of Momo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lucas looked really classy for the 20 minutes he was on. Was it him that played Voronin in with that ball over the top as well ? Lovely ball.

We were very lucky today but its exactly what we needed, a bit of luck to get us out of the rut. Should change the whole mentality at the club and raise the confidence. 1 point behind utd and 3 behind Arsenal. I felt Everton deserved at least one penalty though.

I was amazed that we played with Mascherano & Sissoko for so long considering they had were down to 10 men.

• Advertisement

did rafa just suggest that lescott dived

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We need a major improvement to even keep in touch at the top never mind win it outright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

did rafa just suggest that lescott dived
    Thats what I thought he said aswell, think he is clutching at straws there!

Dub13 wrote: »
    We need a major improvement to even keep in touch at the top never mind win it outright.

Well, noone plays well for the whole season. Utd hardly set the world alight last season. I think the important point to take from the first 1/4 is that we are now winning games that we maybe would have drawn in the past and drawing games that we may have lost. We are unbeanten after 9 games and and have won 4 from 5 away games. We only won 6 times away last season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well that was dire.

We didn't have anything about us in my opinion.
    Riise couldn't hit the target.
    Voronin tended towards greediness.
    Neville is a muppet. (knew this already) :D

What the fúck is Rafa doing bringing on Pennant on the 87th minute? I don't understand that, maybe it doesn't seem odd to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hoho, shocking reffing, still 3 points in the bag.

PHB wrote: »
    hoho, shocking reffing, still 3 points in the bag.

Makes up for some of the awful decisions that have gone against us so far this season I suppose. Chelsea for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Well todays game proves if nothing else that decisons even themselves out over a season. Liverpool unlucky not to concede one if not two penos today but were very unlucky to concede a peno against Chelsea a couple of months ago.

EDIT: lol got there just ahead of me Tusky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

\o/ so we beat Everton then?

Mint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What the fúck is Rafa doing bringing on Pennant on the 87th minute? I don't understand that, maybe it doesn't seem odd to others.
    All his substitutions were odd. I wanted to see us take advantage of them being a man down - bring on babel or pennant for sisoko, gerrard into the middle, instead babel for benny which changed nothing to the shape really. And then taking Gerrard off. Crouch should have maybe come on earler too - or at least as the sub in the 87th, Pennant on at that stage was just bizarre.

Tusky wrote: »
    Makes up for some of the awful decisions that have gone against us so far this season I suppose. Chelsea for one.

What other decisions went against liverpool this season? And the chelsea one wasn't that bad a decision anyway

fullstop wrote: »
    And the chelsea one wasn't that bad a decision anyway

This comment is so foolish that it puts me off even discussing it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

That referee was an absolute incompetent disgrace. All the more so for giving a red card on that cheat Gerard’s say so. What goes around comes around, I don’t care who wins the league now, as long as it’s not Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

fullstop wrote: »
    What other decisions went against liverpool this season? And the chelsea one wasn't that bad a decision anyway

Troll.

• Advertisement

That referee was an absolute incompetent disgrace. All the more so for giving a red card on that cheat Gerard’s say so. What goes around comes around, I don’t care who wins the league now, as long as it’s not Liverpool.

last man back. automatic red card.

Would have been outcry if he gave a penalty and a yellow.

He got a lot wrong, but that one was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Good result, as usual made it hard for ourselves by giving them a goal.
    Two Liverpool penalties were fair in my view, obviously there's no question about the second one. I thought the first everton penalty appeal would have been very harsh, and I'll have to see the second one again, but I couln't tell if he was pulled down, or just fell back on carragher.

That aside, an important 3 points considering our recent form. Momo, I'm afraid, needs to be dropped from the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    That aside, an important 3 points considering our recent form. Momo, I'm afraid, needs to be dropped from the song.

actually thought momo did well breaking evertons play up and was looking for the ball and got himself in good positions, he is just appalling when it comes to passing and today highlighted that again, its a pity, because he has other reallg good qualitys, but if you cant pass at this level, little else matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Great to get the win today. Was dissapointed with momo's passing as usual, another thing from this match is that Riise should not be playing. If we had not of winning the substitution of Gerrard would be all that the papers talked about.

Tusky wrote: »
    This comment is so foolish that it puts me off even discussing it with you.

Well then stop making claims if you are not prepared to back them up:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement