Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Typical horse**** from the League of Ireland Gestapo, with their moral superiority. As if its a badge of honour to subject yourself to attending mediocre football games on a regular basis.

As for Mr Alan / millersangel - perhaps you should form some opinions of your own, rather than regurgitating ones from the RAWK forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cyrus wrote: »
    i actually dont know, tried to organise a few times and it fell thro, ive no excuse really, money not an issue etc

i just have never gotten round to it :(

we could always organise a boards trip over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mayordenis wrote: »
    i would put the club probably before my family

That is an insane thing to say
    Agreed. Some very idiotic posts today.

the above post is the only thing that'd fall into that bracket for me i'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DesF wrote: »
    I do not know how anyone who sees a team playing live, in the stadium, less than ten times a year at least, can call themselves a fan of that team is beyond me. I just don't understand it.

What is worse is the people who sit in bars wee-in week-out with their Liverpool/ManYoo/Chelsea or whoever jersies on them and can get so riled up about a team they have NEVER seen play, let alone visit the city.

Oh my. If personal abuse was allowed on this forum I would call you a twat.

I have followedLiverpool for as long as I can remember...I think I must have been about 7 or 8 when I first took an interest. I haven't missed a Liverpool game for over 4 seasons. I spend hours & hours on internet forums discussing the club and reading various websites. I discuss the team at the pub among friends a couple of times a week. I haven't been to Anfield yet but am planning to go in the new year.

If I'm not a fan, what exactly am I ?

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    As for Mr Alan / millersangel - perhaps you should form some opinions of your own, rather than regurgitating ones from the RAWK forums.

I never go on that site tbh, but to slate my opinion as not being my own because it is in agreence with other people is a bit unfair and disrespectful tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

PiE wrote: »
    10 games a year folks, that's the new official bare minimum. Hand over jersies, tracksuits and any other paraphenalia you bought in the mistaken idea that you were somehow a fan supporting your team. It'll be returned to you when you provide 10 ticket stubs.

Thanks for your co-operation.

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I never go on that site tbh, but to slate my opinion as not being my own because it is in agreence with other people is a bit unfair and disrespectful tbh.

there is no amount of disrespect that you don't deserve.

lovely .... and why do i deserve this disrespect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

spockety wrote: »
    Do you understand quantum mechanics?

Yes, just finishing my PhD thesis relating to the subject for submission monday, but what has that to do with anything?

I've seen Liverpool play once at Goodison against Everton. Never been to Anfield so I guess I better post my jerseys to the fan police until I fill my quota. Sorry I asked what OOT is now.

Mr Alan wrote:

I don't like giving any website particular abuse, but on RAWK right now, it seems like the people on there are about to commit mass suicide. Serious, serious over-reaction, with the usual suspects having the opportunity to fulfil their agendas on the back of one defeat.

!!!

• Advertisement

because of the drivel you spout, and the only thing you could pick on of mine was an off the cuff remark that to anyone who isn't trying to troll would take with a large helping of salt.

Re*Ac*Tor - the second thing you've quoted me as saying there, if you read the full post you quoted it from, you should see that i took the post from a blog thing someone wrote on RAOTL (another liverpool fansite), i cut and pasted it to here.

So as i said, i dont read RAWK (although i did read the article Mike left me a link to yesterday).

Apology?

Mayordenis-chill out man, i wasnt having a dig at you, but when you are writing a piece about how much the club means to you and how it is at times, your only reason for living and then say, you would possibly choose it over your family, how am i meant to know thats tongue in cheek?

Fine - i'm sorry, you get your opinions from RAOTL. Much better. I don't read RAOTL, but they must use expressions like "OOT" there too.

Whats with all the acronyms today?

RAWK OOT !!!
    Sounds like a Scottish Death metal band issuing instructions to their fan (who has seen them play more than ten times per year) before the kick-a** solo kicks in.

i first came across oot on the lfc.tv forums - which are terrible btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

spockety wrote: »
    Do you understand quantum mechanics?
    It's easier to understand than what I said I couldn't understand previously.
    this is absolute tripe and if i wasn't on a short leash in here i would let you know what this kind of absolute nonsense makes you.
    But sure go ahead and stick it in a Private Message there.

People like me shouldn't be allowed to live?

Lovely stuff out of you.
    i've been twice so far this season and thats becuase i have some money i love and think i would put the club probably before my family, liverpool at times have seemed like my reason for being.
    i've been out crying after both big wins and big defeats even if i am a few hundred miles away, you and your close minded ****e have no room in a thread populated by many people who are real fans, your only a fan so you can say you're a fan.
    Big pat on the back, but why do you feel the need to proclaim your fanship like this? Why do you feel so inadequade?
    League of Ireland Gestapo.
    I like it
    Some people can't handle the truth.
    Tusky wrote: »
    Oh my. If personal abuse was allowed on this forum I would call you a twat.
    That is, in fact, personal abuse, and you've been reported for that.
    Tusky wrote: »
    I have followedLiverpool for as long as I can remember...I think I must have been about 7 or 8 when I first took an interest. I haven't missed a Liverpool game for over 4 seasons. I spend hours & hours on internet forums discussing the club and reading various websites. I discuss the team at the pub among friends a couple of times a week. I haven't been to Anfield yet but am planning to go in the new year.

If I'm not a fan, what exactly am I ?
    Big pat on the back, but why do you feel the need to proclaim your fanship like this? Why do you feel so inadequade?
    there is no amount of disrespect that you don't deserve.
    Did you send him a nice PM too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Well argued. Your well reasoned points and objectivity have swayed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

It's easier to understand than what I said I couldn't understand previously.

But sure go ahead and stick it in a Private Message there.

People like me shouldn't be allowed to live?

Lovely stuff out of you.

I like it

Some people can't handle the truth.

That is, in fact, personal abuse, and you've been reported for that.

Did you send him a nice PM too?

I manage to go to 90% of Celtic's home games each season including cup competitions but would never consider myself less of or more than a fan than anyone just due to the amount of games I attend. Is a man who has attended matches for years but now has 3 -4 kids, a crippling mortgage and simply cannot afford to go now less of a fan - I think not - you are a Clown (report away).
    Being a fan can boil down to the team whose result you look for first at the weekend or the team you shout about when having banter with your mates. I am not proclaiming my "fanship" in any way just stating a fact, nor do I want or need a pat on the back.

like celtic67 i don't need to proclaim anything but i don't like people spouting this nonsense so i feel i need to make a point you clearly are not going to understand and point that any rational person makes, so this is going nowhere.

• Advertisement

anyway lets just hope no one wins 9-0 tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

This is total bollox imo.

I know a fan of a particular English club, season ticket holder, who also goes to all of the European games. He uses his annual leave to do this. He doesn't lose out on any money in his monthly wage form work in doing this. He works bank holidays and late evenings to make up extra time he needs.

If people really, really wanted to support their team, they would do it, instead of cherry picking matches.

u serious ? give up ur annual holidays to support your team? what if u wanted to go away with ur family/friends etc. ? "soz lads, cant go cos i used all my holidays"
    support your team alright but dont make frankly stupid sacrifices to prove a point. if u want to give up this time for ur club grand, go ahead its their perogative... but dont make out that ppl are at a different (inferior) level of fandom just because they dont want to give up their holidays

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sweet jesus, miss a day checking the thread and come back to the biggest pile of shite posted ever. I'll agree that I musn't be a fan since I don't get my 10 visits in a year if the 'real' fans and DesF will fuck off and be real fans somewhere else? agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Aye come back to the thread and its three new pages of rubbish!

Damn these 2007 reg accounts, they'll never be true boardsies!!

copacetic wrote: »
    sweet jesus, miss a day checking the thread and come back to the biggest pile of shite posted ever. I'll agree that I musn't be a fan since I don't get my 10 visits in a year if the 'real' fans and DesF will fuck off and be real fans somewhere else? agreed?

who's that aimed at now?

Kulgan it's clearly not based on your join date but your post count :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

What the hell has this to do with liverpool?

Tusky banned for a week and maybe more to follow if ye don't cop on.

• Advertisement

mayordenis banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I just cant understand the point that DesF was trying to make. I was never a spoiled little child that got to go away to Liverpool every week, ive never even been to Anfield. My da used to bring me to Landsdown for every home game, my first was Chile in 1991(Keanes debut), my last was in 2001 but i would consider myself much more of a Liverpool fan than an irish fan. Its only now that i can afford it that im making plans to go over. Who knows, i might even be lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket(and be one of the lucky chosen ones to get one) for the new stadium. I get every new shirt that comes out, have tracksuits, jumpers etc. Went through the pain of getting a big tattoo on my leg for the love of the club.

Does that not make me a fan?

Hell, ive been into see Limerick 37 a handful of times but i wouldnt consider them my club. Liverpool are, always have been and always will be my team. I cried tears of joy in may 2005 and tears of despair in may 2007. You try and tell me that im not a real fan, that i dont go through the same emotions you do just because i dont get over to Anfield.

And DesF you can leave it out too.

This is about Liverpool, like the sunderland thread, this isn't a forum for people to have a go at fans or judge what makes them fans or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its not something worth consideration and the last 2 pages are best left to history.

Mike.

Whats the story with International breaks and injuries?
    If Torres doesnt play on Saturday will he not be included for Spain? Someone mentioned it a few pages back that if he doesnt come on, he gets to stay at Melwood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Melion wrote: »
    Does that not make me a fan?

sure u are. des is just better.

notice how he feins interest in the club for a few posts just to deflect from the trollyness. its like watching a master at work, we should all be better fans and subscribe to his newsletter and i for one support our new ant overlord.

for the immediate future i hope to see more culling of usefull contibuters to the liverpool thread like tusky in favour of des, our guiding light for fandom, our leader.

now, all together...na na na na na na lead...

el rabitos wrote: »
    sure u are. des is just better.

notice how he feins interest in the club for a few posts just to deflect from the trollyness. its like watching a master at work, we should all be better fans and subscribe to his newsletter and i for one support our new ant overlord.

for the immediate future i hope to see more culling of usefull contibuters to the liverpool thread like tusky in favour of des, our guiding light for fandom, our leader.

now, all together...na na na na na na lead...

Seriously do you want to be banned? DesF has gotten a warning for his trolling. The others broke the rules outright.

If you want to join them, just keep posting off topic.

In fact, next person to post on DesF or this issue, takes a week off soccer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Utd were solid tonite too and despite our big win, i still think they are alot more solid then us. i still expect liverpool to push in the league, but if i had to bet on it, i see utd pinching it

Utd are solid alright, still think we have wat it takes to beat em over the year though.

maybe thats just me though, eternally optimistic i am! :)

well that all depends if arsenal fall apart, which they may well do come feb or march which is when we should be at our best.

but i hope united don't do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Utd are solid alright, still think we have wat it takes to beat em over the year though.

maybe thats just me though, eternally optimistic i am! :)

Eternally optimistic I think to to.

I can't see them having a really solid run of form from now to the end of season which is what I think it would take, maybe they could afford a few slip ups but not as much as I think they will have. When it works it works but then you can see it start to fall to pieces and they're lucky to win sometimes but not always, although I'd say we had the luck against Everton anyway to get away with a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

typical example, guy who works with me i met in Athens at the CL final (i didnt have a ticket,either did thousands of scousers) he did and it was the first and only liverpool game he has ever attended. shocking

i dont understand what you are saying there?

as it was his first game, he shouldnt have got a ticket?

why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I really cant understand this, there is actually some Irish "hardcore" liverpool fans, people so obsessed they have lost all grip of reality, its very off putting for any new liverpool fans, I dont see Man UTD or chelsea fans bickering like this, Major bullying over who has the biggest wad of ticket stubs.. I dont normally do "whatever", but this deserves the biggest ***WHATEVER*** ever.

Myself and the bro ended up in a blue pub by mistake after I went to the derby game, I ended up talking with a couple of scousers (all brothers).

One of the brothers was an LFC fan, the others two toffees, he was going on about this OOT bullsh*T, saying the real fans and locals couldnt get tickets and that we should all f88k off, total argumentative sh*t head, I stood there arguing with him for 30 mins, we eventually agreed that in the interest of the future of liverpool FC it needs to appeal to a worldwide audience, and that local participation in attendance at games was not going to be enough to buy world class players, and keep the local business men happy.

The ticketing system is flawed and there is a very grey area on how so many irish travel agencies get there hands on so many tickets......I could go on but I need to sleep.

delete

Does it matter who goes to matches as long as the stands are full (good on both revenue and support counts) and the team is playing well and soaking up the atmosphere?

Surely we've something better to talk about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have been going to Liverpool games since the late 80s and I have to say the standard of Irish fans heading to games is at an all time low.Some of them even reading the Sun on the boat plane on the way over.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have been going to Liverpool games since the late 80s and I have to say the standard of Irish fans heading to games is at an all time low.Some of them even reading the Sun on the boat plane on the way over.

Boat planes? Do they have them here? ;)

Seriously though, what odds if they "read" the Sun. I know the history and dont want to reignite that whole debate but its getting tedious at this point.
    Yes it sucks how the Sun handled things, it's also annoying that the so-called "standard" is slipping, but who are we to judge? I thought team sports were supposed to encourage unity and comradery among fans and players alike. This squabbling is getting us nowhere and is just distracting us from the fact that Kuyt is not good enough to impersonate a striker for us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Kuyt is not good enough to impersonate a striker for us

Ah come on now! First it was Voronin, then it was Crouch, now it's Kuyt! Kuyt'll hit form, keep the faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At the risk of being a party-pooper can we talk about football from now on (for a while at least)?

Fulham visit for the teatime game on Saturday, they've only won one of thier last 9 games, that against Reading (who are very bad away this year) can Rafa resist dropping Crouch to the bench, I can't see why the Tuesday 11 can't do the job esp with such a lively bench in reserve.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

fulham,wigan,reading and newcastle all coming up.Cant see why we wont win 12 points out of those games.
    Im not his biggest fan but crouch deserves a go at the weekend.

Whats the date for the last two champions league games against porto and marseille

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Gonna stick my neck out and go for a very convincing win against Fulham.

Mainly due to the fact that it's not a noon kickoff. The later the match, the better we seem to play.

except against blackburn!!

psi wrote: »
    mayordenis banned
    what was that for?

Nice to see some get banned and some don't - consistency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

what was that for?

Nice to see some get banned and some don't - consistency?

you're not the only one thinking that.

• Advertisement

anyone know when agger's due to be fit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement