Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Doubt it tbh, if i was to "be all over it" everytime Ferguson threw a hissy fit and got the media involved i'd be constantly busy....as i said in my post, i am not doubting it is an issue, but i dont think its MASSIVE.

According to Balleague (sp?) Rafa wants to sell two players and get in two players, he wants to get the ball rolling now, the yanks wanna wait till after the manc game, i am starting to side with Rafa on this if that is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Dont think this is as big a deal as everyone is making it out.

But it definately is something that needs to be addressed.

I can see where both Rafa and the Yanks are coming from, and both have points tbh, Rafa should not be airing his grievances in public, but similarly, it is not acceptable that Rafa have to wait till 16th Decemeber to discuss potential new signings with the club owners, although the issue supposedly seems to be that Rafa wants to let players go and that the owners want to discuss it with him before he does, as opposed to the money that Rafa may or may not have.

The owners want Rafa to go through the official channels, ie. parry, but rafa thinks he is incompetent and wants to deal directly with the lads, who are unwilling to meet until they are over on the 16th. This situation is not right, and Rafa is dead right to be pissed off.

Anyway, as i said originally, not as big a deal as a lot of people are making out. Clear the air talks between all parties involved and we can get back to business as usual.

Now off i go to vote for rafa in the "greatest manager in the world" poll ;)

Moyes - i'm sure the everton fans will love him for his little dig, but tbh, he was probably up all night planning it and still didnt quote the line properly?! Maybe he should just concentrate on managing his small club, or going to work in a supermarket or something. Bitter clown.http://www.the-spine.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/everton2.jpg

Touchy!:D

wat can i say, bad day at the office!

I actually dont mind moyes but he down in my estimation with this ****.

Bitter, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

According to Balleague (sp?) Rafa wants to sell two players and get in two players, he wants to get the ball rolling now, the yanks wanna wait till after the manc game, i am starting to side with Rafa on this if that is the case.

Source ? Link ?

Wonder who the two players are...Carson, Sissoko, Crouch or Riise Id say.

he was on spanish radio last night according to a spanish fan on another site.

i think its Sissoko and Riise/Crouch, Carson aint due back at anfield till next season so i reckon they mean two on top of the Carson deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villa were rumoured to have bid for Riise.

they can have him! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rafa likes to get his players bids in early etc so that is why he is annoyed. If he has to wait until closer the window more interest may come for these players and the prices rises so he doesn't want that happening me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

i think its Sissoko and Riise/Crouch, Carson aint due back at anfield till next season so i reckon they mean two on top of the Carson deal.
    I wouldn't be too keen on getting rid of crouchino just yet. I know he's not getting as many games as he would like and there is some tension but I'd rathar we held onto him all the same. He's a different option and a pain in the arse for defenders to deal with. He finds the goal more often than kuyt too. (although some defenders find the net more often than kyut as well).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I can see rafas thinking but I wish he would just keep it to himself...

He is a professional ffs.

• Advertisement

He finds the goal more often than kuyt too. (although some defenders find the net more often than kyut as well).

Ya know Kuyt and Berbatovs goal scoring records are the same!? lay off Kuyt, he had a mare against blackburn but he is an excellent player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wouldn't mind overly much if Crouch was sold off in January and a left/right winger brought in to replace him. It'll let Babel play in his best position, striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

really hope he doesnt sell crouch he ia a great option to have and MAYBE even the best partner for torres. crouch was playing along side him when he scored his hatrick against Reading after all.

Ya know Kuyt and Berbatovs goal scoring records are the same!? lay off Kuyt, he had a mare against blackburn but he is an excellent player

Kuyt had an ok season last season but it was hardly spectacular. I was hoping he would start this season with a bang but he has done the opposite. Hes there to score goals and hes just not doing it.

13 goals from 44 games last season. 5 goals (only 3 from open play) from 14 this season. Just not good enough for a striker playing the majority of games for a team that has title aspirations. Its as simple as that. I like the guy though, hope he can turn it around.
    he was on spanish radio last night according to a spanish fan on another site.

Id be happy if we sold Riise & Sissoko, tied up Mascherano and brought in a versatile defender who can play at LB or CB.
    Wouldn't mind overly much if Crouch was sold off in January and a left/right winger brought in to replace him. It'll let Babel play in his best position, striker.

I really don't understand this point of view. We are a team that struggles for goals. Crouch was out top scorer last season. He is our biggest goal threat after Torres. We should only sell him if we have a better option to take his place.

posted this earlier in thread : 18 goals for us last season and didn't always start, 2nd highest scorer in CL, 2nd or 3rd highest minutes-goals ratio in the PL. 14 in 26 games for England

I'm not sure whether i'd want him sold or not. As has been said before, i'd fear Kuyt and Voronin are too alike although, the last couple of games have shown that Voronin than much more than most people thought, looks like a very good piece of business from Rafa.

In Rafa i trust. Do with Crouch wat you will Mr Raffatullah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Has "Quaresma" been mentioned i know Rafa has said many times he is a big fan and has tried in the past i thought he was going to be a target in January ?

Opr

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Selling Crouch would be a huge mistake as it'll cost alot to get another striker in, who will def score goals in the PL. Do you think Kuyt and Voronin are going to score more than crouch?

As mentioned by someone else i also think he's the best partner for Torres.

Selling Riise, surely means that you have to replace him but where's the cover?I think rafa would want one to go and two to come in. If this was the case i'd guess it's Sissoko going and a defender and keft sided midfielder coming in.

Dear Father Xmas

I have been a good boy so here is my list :)

Masherano - Contract signed & sealed

Good cover player at centre back - signed

Quaresma - Please please please let us make another bid for this guy. He is magic with the ball at his feet. Not only that but he is built for the premiership being very physically strong.

Thats it santa i don't ask for much :eek:

Opr

As has been said before, i'd fear Kuyt and Voronin are too alike although,

Thats my thinking also.

Torres - offers something different
    Crouch - offers something different
    Kuyt & Voronin - offer exactly the same thing as far as I can see
    opr wrote: »
    Has "Quaresma" been mentioned i know Rafa has said many times he is a big fan and has tried in the past i thought he was going to be a target in January ?

Opr

Dont know where you got that from. Ive seen alot of talk about Quaresma from Liverpool fans but never anything from Rafa. Certainly never tried to sign him anyway. Are you sure you arent thinking of Manchini ? Would be over the moon with Quaresma though, he looks a great player.

As I already said, I doubt we will see more than a defender & Mascherano coming in January. We just bought Babel to play out left, Kewell is back in contention, Benayoun can play there and Rafa plays Riise there regularly too.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Selling Riise, surely means that you have to replace him but where's the cover?I think rafa would want one to go and two to come in. If this was the case i'd guess it's Sissoko going and a defender and keft sided midfielder coming in.

Aurelio & Arbeloa can both play LB. My money is on Rafa beinging in a defender that can play both LB & CB though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Maybe he should just concentrate on managing his small club, or going to work in a supermarket or something. Bitter clown.

Seriously where do you come up with this kinda rubbish ? Everton are a small club now ? And bitter ? Here's a thought ... Go and watch a merseyside derby and realise it has nothing to do with pass success nor small minded ideals that yore 2nd biggest rivals are a small club.Typical pool fan response as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Quaresma would cost a loads, but I'd love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. A total out and out winger to terrorise fullbacks.

Tusky wrote: »

Dont know where you got that from. Ive seen alot of talk about Quaresma from Liverpool fans but never anything from Rafa. Certainly never tried to sign him anyway. Are you sure you arent thinking of Manchini ? Would be over the moon with Quaresma though, he looks a great player.

No i am fairly sure we have tried a few times to sign him.

Taken from Quaresma wikipedia
    ....... Atletico have been very public in their desire to sign Quaresma, reported having bid €21 million.[4] On 4 July 2007, the Portuguese press reported a €20.7m (£14m) bid from Liverpool had been turned down.[5]

So i can dream :)

I read in one of the papers today that Rafa was looking for money for a centre back , enough to tie up Masherano deal and also money for two highly rated young brazilian kids.

Opr

d22ontour wrote: »
    Seriously where do you come up with this kinda rubbish ? Everton are a small club now ? And bitter ? Here's a thought ... Go and watch a merseyside derby and realise it has nothing to do with pass success nor small minded ideals that yore 2nd biggest rivals are a small club.Typical pool fan response as usual.

Everton are bitter towards liverpool, a lot of their fans are bitter and their manager very obviously is, considering his "joke" in his press briefing today.

Dont get me wrong, he can take the piss all he wants, if i was an everton fan, i'd like him for it, but i'm not, so i'll slate him for it.

Quaresma would cost a loads, but I'd love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. A total out and out winger to terrorise fullbacks.

dont know wat i'd think about quaresma, havent really seen him enough to be honest,would worry he's a bit poncy from wat i have seen though

Reina

Finnan---Carragher--Agger--Arbeloa

Mascherano
    Benayoun----Gerrard
    Babel--

Crouch----Torres

I really hope this is the team we put out (wouldnt mind Hypia in for Agger, no sense rushing him back, just dying to see the lad play again :))

Be great to get a convincing win, then Rafa to dismiss any talk of him leaving after the game. We cant lose him, we just cant, and we wont.

The fans will be vocal as **** in their support of Rafa tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The owners seem to make sense to me. You can have new players if you can prove you can get something out of the current players you have. If you can't, we'd rather save our money for a new manager and his players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

huge game today and i'm nervous. i'd like to see this team:

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Agger
    Arbeloa

Babel
    Mascherano
    Gerrard
    Kewell

Torres
    Kuyt

but unfortunately, I fully expect to see Riise somewhere along the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

huge game today and i'm nervous. i'd like to see this team:

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Agger
    Arbeloa

Babel
    Mascherano
    Gerrard
    Kewell

Torres
    Kuyt

but unfortunately, I fully expect to see Riise somewhere along the left

Similar line up I'd like to see, Kuyt or Crouch tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Five attacking players away to Newcastle? I'd love to see it but it's Rafa....

gerrard - masch - momo - riise
    torres - crouch

More likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its a team that i really didn't expect!

The Reds team in full: Reina, Finnan, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Gerrard, Kewell, Sissoko, Lucas, Kuyt, Torres.
    Subs: Itandje, Riise, Crouch, Babel, Mascherano

Something like

Finnan--Carra--Hypia--Arbeloa
    Gerrard--Sissoko--Lucas--Kewell
    Kuyt--Torres

Lineup announced on sky sports.

Reina

Finnan---Carragher-Hyypia--Arbeloa

Gerrard----Sissoko----Lucas---Kewell

Torres--Kuyt

Subs : Itandje, Riise, Mascherano, Babel, Crouch

I like the lineup, hopefully we will see Lucas in an advanced role and Im hoping for a good game from Kewell, Torres & Kuyt. No Alonso , Gerrard or Mascherano in the middle means there will be alot of pressure on Lucas to control to pace of the game as Sissoko is not going to do it.

[edit] Thinking about it, has Gerrard started on the right this season ? I don't think so. For that reason it could be this...

Lucas

---Gerrard----Sissoko

Kuyt
    Kewell

Torres

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Or is it..

Reina

Finnan---Carragher-Hyypia--Arbeloa

Sissoko----Lucas--

Gerrard

Kuyt
    Kewell

Torres

I think that's a good line up, if Mascherano was in there, it'd be Liverpools best I think.

PHB wrote: »
    I think that's a good line up, if Mascherano was in there, it'd be Liverpools best I think.

If Mascherano, Agger, Alonso & Crouch were in there it would be our best.

Sorry I meant in terms of fit people, which I assume Mascherano is but he's just being rested. My problem with Crouch is that with him in the team, Liverpool too often revert to what seems to be the defenders natural tendency to whack the ball up the pitch. This isn't Crouch's fault, but it happens. As such, I think LIverpool are a better team if they have Kuyt on the pitch.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Sorry I meant in terms of fit people, which I assume Mascherano is but he's just being rested. My problem with Crouch is that with him in the team, Liverpool too often revert to what seems to be the defenders natural tendency to whack the ball up the pitch. This isn't Crouch's fault, but it happens. As such, I think LIverpool are a better team if they have Kuyt on the pitch.

I don't understand why Rafa doesn't play Crouch and then tell the players not to play long balls. Mascherano played 90 minutes on wed and had two long flights. Lucas & Sissoko werent involved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not bad, expect to see Masch on in the second half! :p

I'd say Harry will be good for 60 mins max, then Babel on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Did Crouch give Rafa's wife a lash or what did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Y'know, I'm not sure anyone's playing on the right. If Momo's meant to be there he doesn't seem to realise it. Fairly good start though, Kuyt and Torres linking well up front.

Edit: okay he's copped on now. And backheeled the ball into touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

sissokos feet work like crouchs should

man, what a goal from stevie "hollywood pass" gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

anyone got a working stream for this? livefotty-doctor serv and rojadirecta ain't giving me good ones. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

good goal - it was a screaming no keeper would have stopped that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

AdrianII wrote: »
    good goal - it was a screaming no keeper would have stopped that

yup - it was a patented Gerrard Thunderbolt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

griffdaddy wrote: »
    anyone got a working stream for this? livefotty-doctor serv and rojadirecta ain't giving me good ones. thanks

Sopcast here is working for me.

should be two nil. My god Sissoko is playing bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Again Liverpool aren't decisive. While they're fully deserved 1-0 up, they should be more! It all goes dull in the last 3rd. Sissoko is cat. Bring him off for Babel and stick harry back on the left as he was running Geremi ragged. Give Crouchy the last half hour also

Great first half from Liverpool. If we had Alonso or Mascherano in the middle we would be more than 1 in front. Sissoko has been awful. Good to see Kewell getting involved, rarely gives the ball away. Very intelligent player.

Given should have been sent off..and what a goal from Gerrard. 6 in 7 games. Hes scored 6 goals in the last 6 games he has played in center midfield.

does that count as a lucas assist for fantasy football purposes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant get any of the streams to work :(

does that count as a lucas assist for fantasy football purposes?

It was Torres that was fouled I think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement