Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Only tricky ones should be Man City away and Man U home. We should be expecting 3pts from the rest - won't happen that way but that should be the aim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How the hell is Mo Sissoko a professional footballer, he was absolutely awful.

Just out of interest, how did everyone rate Torres today after all those chances missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Thought torres played really well, it was a damn shame he didnt get a goal.

I mainly meant about the missed chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thought he still had a great game, in that his runs, pressuring and dribbling made those many many chances. Considering the result, I dont mind the misses. Just hope it doesn't effect his confidence for Wednesday.

Id just love to have seen the reaction from "fans" if it was Kuyt who had got into all those positions and missed the chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Melion wrote: »
    Id just love to have seen the reaction from "fans" if it was Kuyt who had got into all those positions and missed the chances.

It's not typical of Torres. It's a lot more like Kuyt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

But thats the thing, Kuyt doesnt get into those positions. How often do you even see Kuyt one on one with a keeper ? Alot of Torres chances came from good positing, good runs or beating players.

Kuyt Has had poor games where nothing works, or where he misses chances. Still always one of my favourite players. Never, ever bashed him. Today reaffirms that I still personally prefer Kuyt playing over Crouch. Crouch is potentially better, but I think the team works better with Kuyt in it (eg today).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Any links for the goals or am I gonna have to watch the Premiership?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i know, ppl are very quick to disregard his workrate and ability to play a lot of neat balls. he has v.good passing for a forward and generally he has good technique. hes just having a bad run of it tbh. easy goal today, hopefully that will get his confidence going again.
    i still think he is the best partner for torres and they will work well.

sissoko should be sold. no question imo.
    need money for masch and a centre back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

In relation to Rafa's, ahem, outburst:

Can I say that I think his - and Liverpool's main problem - has been trying to accommodate(sp?) Steven Gerrard!!!

He showed against Croatia how bloody LIMITED he is. Himself and L*****d were kept quiet for most of the game, and, as far as I could see, all that SG did, was score the goal??? He was anonymous for most of the game???

Maybe, just maybe, Liverpool's play will improve if Stevie gets the move to C****** that he so obviously craves....???

I'm probably going to get a s**tload of abuse for this, but it's just my opinion.

Remember all the caffuffle surrounding Mikey Owen's "will he, won't he leave" back at the start of Rafa's reign??? We were playing absolute s***e footie up until then, and after he left, we improved A LOT.....?????

Can I say that I think his - and Liverpool's main problem - has been trying to accommodate(sp?) Steven Gerrard!!!

He showed against Croatia how bloody LIMITED he is. Himself and L*****d were kept quiet for most of the game, and, as far as I could see, all that SG did, was score the goal??? He was anonymous for most of the game???

Maybe, just maybe, Liverpool's play will improve if Stevie gets the move to C****** that he so obviously craves....???

I'm probably going to get a s**tload of abuse for this, but it's just my opinion.

Are you crazy ? Did you watch the game today ? Have you watched Liverpool at all this season ?

Gerrard scored today and got two assists. He has scored 6 goals in the last 7 games and a total of 7 goals this season. He has more assists than anyone else in the team and is second highest goal scorer after Torres.

Actually, im pretty sure youre a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I thought Gerrard was excellent today(especially in the 20 minutes before he came off), and I don't think he was even close to top gear.
    His problem is that he can be very wasteful, against better teams it can get punished. However with somebody like Lucas or Alonso beside him, he is less wasteful, mostly because all the player doens't have to go through him. He's at his best when he's an attacking player, but not the fulcrum of every attack, like today, where he was outstanding.

Tusky wrote: »
    Are you crazy ? Did you watch the game today ? Have you watched Liverpool at all this season ?

Gerrard scored today and got two assists. He has scored 6 goals in the last 7 games and a total of 7 goals this season. He has more assists than anyone else in the team and is second highest goal scorer after Torres.

Actually, im pretty sure youre a troll.

I am not a troll, no. I said it was an opinion. Clearly, some people think they have more of a right to be on here than others........???

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

every time we attacked today, it looked like we were gonna score

great game

forget england - stevie g is a red, true and true - "he's not english he's scouse"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

whats with all the asteriks'?

anyway stevie was quite good today, i think he is happy playing that 4-3-3 team and we seem to play quite well with that formation. i dont think the stevie out on the right is that much of an issue at the moment.

what has it got to do with Rafa's "outburst" anyway?

Call_me_al wrote: »

anyway stevie was quite good today, i think he is happy playing that 4-3-3 team and we seem to play quite well with that formation. i dont think the stevie out on the right is that much of an issue at the moment.

I think Rafa plays this way to try - as I already said - accommodate Stevie G.

I'm not looking for people to agree/disagree with me, I'm just expressing an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I'm not looking for people to agree/disagree with me, I'm just expressing an opinion.
    and you are wrong, deal with it.

• Advertisement

[/B]

I am not a troll, no. I said it was an opinion. Clearly, some people think they have more of a right to be on here than others........???

I just find it hard to take you serious. You say you watched the game. You say Gerrard didn't do anything apart from score but you dont mention the fact that he got two assists.

Gerrard has earned us plenty of points this season.

Call_me_al wrote: »

I think Rafa is frustrated with him, and maybe wants to replace him in the transfer window....??

I think Rafa is frustrated with him, and maybe wants to replace him in the transfer window....??

Where are you getting that from ? You seem to be just making things up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

wahey! the premiership is on rte 2 now.
    I wonder how bad they will make the 3-0 win look? "ah yeah bill, they should have had 10 cos thats what happens blablabla roy keane blablabla english football is ****e blabla"

love paying my license fee for that! :D

Tusky wrote: »
    Where are you getting that from ? You seem to be just making things up.

It's been said before in newspaper articles/on tv shows that Rafa n Stevie have had a major falling out, and that they don't see eye to eye anymore......?

It's been said before in newspaper articles/on tv shows that Rafa n Stevie have had a major falling out, and that they don't see eye to eye anymore......?
    Ok, so all he did in the game was score a goal.

Then when you were told that he got both assists too you ignored it completely (bit of a show up really :))

And then you spout out more complete rubbish without any basis in fact or even any kind of reasonable rubbish from the sun or any other rag to back it up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

if kuyt was standing up players in the area and waltzing by them like they weren't there i'd be feckin delighted, even if he didn't finish them all. Torres seems to make a lot of his own chances which makes all the difference.

Remember all the caffuffle surrounding Mikey Owen's "will he, won't he leave" back at the start of Rafa's reign??? We were playing absolute s***e footie up until then, and after he left, we improved A LOT.....?????

...I assume didn't watch the game very closely today?

although to be honest to make any sense of your comments youd have had to have your hands over your ears, your eyes closed and shouting LALALALALA to miss Gerrards contribution to todays fantastic performance.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ...I assume you didn't want the game today then?

What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

well if they said it on tv it must be true. I look forward to more of your insightful posts.

well if they said it on tv it must be true. I look forward to more of your insightful posts.

Why, thank you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

if you tried a bit harder people might be more eager to feed you, just making up random things that you think might annoy people won't work, they have to at least believe that a sane person might actually have the opinion...

copacetic wrote: »
    if you tried a bit harder people might be more eager to feed you, just making up random things that you think might annoy people won't work, they have to at least believe that a sane person might actually have the opinion...

Jesus H Christ, I am not trying to post stuff "just to annoy people"!!??:rolleyes:

I am expressing my opinion. If you don't like it, fair enough. I'm not looking for anyone's "approval".

You say that as though we've been playing 4-3-3 all season...which we haven't...

And a 4-3-3/4-4-2 with Gerrard in a free role (same thing really) is probably our best formation.

I think to be taken seriously you have to actually provide some example of where Gerrard limited the team today by his inclusion. There's nothing wrong with making a formation which accomadates a great players strengths if it benefits the team and the club, which it obviously did today.

Theres not much point of saying an opinion, without anything at all to back it up.

That exact formation, with Mascherano in for Lucas and Alonso in for Sissoko is a winner imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Why, thank you. :D

Possibly your most insightful post.

Gerrard had a good game today by all accounts and i seriously doubt he'll be sold. V good result too.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You say that as though we've been playing 4-3-3 all season...which we haven't...

And a 4-3-3/4-4-2 with Gerrard in a free role (same thing really) is probably our best formation.

I think to be taken seriously you have to actually provide some example of where Gerrard limited the team today by his inclusion. There's nothing wrong with making a formation which accomadates a great players strengths if it benefits the team and the club, which it obviously did today.

Theres not much point of saying an opinion, without anything at all to back it up.

That exact formation, with Mascherano in for Lucas and Alonso in for Sissoko is a winner imo.

People may call it a "free role", but in my opinion(assuming I'm allowed one:rolleyes:), I call it running around like a headless chicken.

Maybe I don't take football as seriously as some of you guys, but personally, I think SG is over-rated.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Possibly your most insightful post.

Why, thank you.

Again.

:D

When you say over rated, what do you mean ? Go on give me sime example of how he is over-rated. How do you rate him ? I would give him at least a nine or ten on todays performance and while he does not do it for england (for which I could not care less) he is certainly one of the best players in the role he is given at Liverpool and one of the best in the prem without a doubt. When you say that Benitez is accommodating him I would not call it accommodating, he is one of the best players in the world (not just me look at the awards he has won) people are happy to have somebody like that in their team, and somebody as smart and who knows as much about footy as Rafa does can obviously spot that himself or he would not play him.

When you say over rated, what do you mean ? Go on give me sime example of how he is over-rated. How do you rate him ? I would give him at least a nine or ten on todays performance and while he does not do it for england (for which I could not care less) he is certainly one of the best players in the role he is given at Liverpool and one of the best in the prem without a doubt. When you say that Benitez is accommodating him I would not call it accommodating, he is one of the best players in the world (not just me look at the awards he has won) people are happy to have somebody like that in their team, and somebody as smart and who knows as much about footy as Rafa does can obviously spot that himself or he would not play him.

I still rate him below the likes of Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. I also rate him lower than Alonso to name but three. The guy seems to always look for an off the wall pass when he should try to keep it simple. Some of his pass selection can be poor.........

I still rate him below the likes of Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. I also rate him lower than Alonso to name but three.

But he's a completely different player to the other two. One's a general, one a playmaker and the other a dynamo.

Jesus H Christ, I am not trying to post stuff "just to annoy people"!!??:rolleyes:

I am expressing my opinion. If you don't like it, fair enough. I'm not looking for anyone's "approval".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think yours would be treated with more respect and carry more weight if you could back up ANY of the crap you are spouting. You say all Gerrard did today was score a goal. In reality he was the best player on the park and won man of the match. You ignored my response about his assists.

Then you say that Gerrard is accommodated in the team but don't elaborate on it. I respond by saying that he has scored 6 goals in the last 7 games, has more assists than any other player and is our second highest scorer.

You then say that Gerrard is going to be sold because 'you heard it on tv' but don't supply any sort of link to backup that comment.

The fact is, you're talking nonsense.
    I still rate him below the likes of Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. I also rate him lower than Alonso to name but three. The guy seems to always look for an off the wall pass when he should try to keep it simple. Some of his pass selection can be poor.........

Why compare him to Roy Keane or Alonso ?!?!

But he's a completely different player to the other two. One's a general, one a playmaker and the other a dynamo.

What would you call Gerrard then??? I'd call him a very good midfielder - not a great one. Personally, I just don't think he's as great as some people make him out to be..........?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

What would you call Gerrard then??? I'd call him a very good midfielder - not a great one. Personally, I just don't think he's as great as some people make him out to be..........?

id call you a troll

in regard to some of your posts mate - you talk some shi*e - Alonso better than gerrard ??? to name but one

i just called him a dynamo. Keane and scholes being the other two.

why do you put question marks where there is no question? And why use three question marks where one will suffice???
    And don't get me started on the ellipses . . .

AdrianII wrote: »
    id call you a troll

in regard to some of your posts mate - you talk some shi*e - Alonso better than gerrard for one ??? to name but one

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. As am I. And yes, I do think Alonso is a better midfielder than Gerrard.

In my opinion he's a better user of the ball.

i just called him a dynamo. Keane and scholes being the other two.

why do you put question marks where there is no question? And why use three question marks where one will suffice???
    And don't get me started on the ellipses . . .

Don't be so pedantic. I think I'll shut up now, cos obviously I'm not allowed to express my opinions here.....

Yeah, don't him started on the damn ellipses man. (No really, steer clear of the ellipses) ( and don't mention the war)

I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion but you are complaining about him because of his opinion of you, smacks of double standards to me.

Oh and, Mental, quit while you are still only far enough behind that you could get into second last with a good year or so of knowledgable posting, you let it go beyond this and you may as well put Troll in your tagline now.

I was just expressing my opinion. I'm sorry if I am not as ANAL about football as some of you obviously are......

I was just expressing my opinion. I'm sorry if I am not as ANAL about football as some of you obviously are......

If you replaced the word anal with knowledgable then we would all be on the same page and yours would be accepted as a valid point.

Thus making it a first on this thread for you.

Bah Humbug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Babel turning into quite the super sub. Great performance today, unhappy Torres didn't score. Hopefully he will start on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Kanney wrote: »
    Babel turning into quite the super sub. Great performance today, unhappy Torres didn't score. Hopefully he will start on Wednesday.

Babel is looking like an absolutely brilliant player. Torres should've had at least 3 goals today. He had one of those days. Wonder how long Kewell will manage to stay fit for - he had a good game today. I hope Agger gets back soon, though. Hyypia's days are numbered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement