Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Rumours And General Discussion 2007/2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Don't like selling my ticket when I get a free one, can't give it to a Garda over here mind, feckers would sell it for himself. Will give it to somebody looking for a ticket on the morrow when I get there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Will give it to somebody looking for a ticket on the morrow when I get there.

That would be a nice gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not really, I know a lot of people who do it, is fair enough TBH, would like to think if I was stuck some day and somebody else had a spare ticket that they would give it away. Would certainly put an end to bloody touts.

Don't get me starting on the Touts/agents.

Sometimes football fans can amaze you with their kindness,I remember face value tickets been sold on IrishKop for the champions league final.Some tool came on a tells the lads that they are mad and could get up to 1k for them.He was ran off the site.

Then you see things like the recent panorama program.Selling on tickets to touts/agents goes on at the highest level of FIFA,one chap from the FIFA 'ethics committee' was caught moving tickets on and making a nice profit.It was kind of disheartening to see,if its going on that high up we may be fighting a battle we cant win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Then
    Now

http://www.dylanmessaging.com/messages/F7Z4-N28A-YESV-S334-P7S7

More of this sort of thing. :)

I did'nt care if we don't come close to winning the CL and yet now I want the Quad just to show the Yanks!

Mike.

Ps I'll go for a lie down now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

T4TF - this might interest you.
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=200220.msg3575069#msg3575069

Swap your kop for his ticket and then give his away ? Or just give the lads yours ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Noticed this on the official website. Its an interview with a Journalist Porto fan.
    How will Porto approach this game?

They have no pressure to win. They beat Liverpool at home and are currently top with eight points. Also, Porto have no injury worries, so they're in a good moment. If you look at the papers, it is all about Liverpool at the moment, whereas in Portugal there is nothing about Porto. There is no pressure.

Errr, no they didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm pretty sure they'll be under pressure from the get-go, both from the crowd and from the players. Here's hoping for a start like Juve 2005! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Stupid postal service - yet again I'll have to collect tickets at the ground.

Speaking of which ... time to head to the airport.

zing wrote: »
    Stupid postal service - yet again I'll have to collect tickets at the ground.

Speaking of which ... time to head to the airport.

Have a good one,I am not going over again ontill the Man You game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Porto will be creamed tonight.. no amount of preparation will help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

tonight is going to be amazing, i can't wait. If i'd known about it a week ago I would have taken the day off work and flown over just to be outside the ground. I would love to be there. The effort the fans have gone to with organising the march, banners, leaflets, petitions and everything else is fantastic. So proud.

The match will be tough, no doubt about it. I would go for this team:

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa

Mascherano
    Lucas

Gerrard

Babel
    Kewell

Torres

That would be a great side in my opinion, but i have a feelinig we'll see one of Kuyt, Crouch or Voronin instead of Babel and possibly Riise instead of Kewell (though I desperately hope i'm wrong).

3-0 (Gerrard, Torres, Torres)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

over the past while there has been some mutterings from pool fans about the team/rafa but tonight looks like its going to make us proud.Deep down i dont think its going to make any difference but im so proud of all the banners,the effort gone into the march etc.
    It will be interesting what song is sung for rafa or will it be his name chanted.

Fair play to the pool fan who registered on the texas rangers message board to complain and the replies he got were worrying,the rangers fans seem to hate hicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tonight is going to be amazing, i can't wait. If i'd known about it a week ago I would have taken the day off work and flown over just to be outside the ground. I would love to be there. The effort the fans have gone to with organising the march, banners, leaflets, petitions and everything else is fantastic. So proud.

The match will be tough, no doubt about it. I would go for this team:

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa

Mascherano
    Lucas

Gerrard

Babel
    Kewell

Torres

That would be a great side in my opinion, but i have a feelinig we'll see one of Kuyt, Crouch or Voronin instead of Babel and possibly Riise instead of Kewell (though I desperately hope i'm wrong).

3-0 (Gerrard, Torres, Torres)

I really like that formation. Its funny I've been thinking a great purchase would be Benzema as with just that one signing put in your formation above it would make a huge difference to the team. Would allow for both Masch and Alonso to play, with gerrard in a central free role where he's at his best, with two scoring wing forwards and Torres in the center. Would be frightening!

Cant wait for later, flying out at 4 so should be at Anfield around 6. Gonna be an amazing night id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Here's hoping for a start like Juve 2005! :)
    Yup - that's what I'm expecting to see. Hound the jumped-up little gits off the park.

5-7 thousand expected to march to Anfield in support of Rafa. The kop should be a sea of banners as well. I'm sure Rafas name will be sung for 90 minutes. Should be a great atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Reina

Finnan
    Carragher
    Hyypia
    Arbeloa

Mascherano
    Lucas

Gerrard

Babel
    Kewell

Torres

that looks really balanced...hope kewell starts as i thought he looked really good on sat.
    when is alonso back?pop him in along with masc and get agger back and its some team.
    i think with the atmosphere its gonna be a special night...
    result: 3-0 i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Thats an interesting line up. I had the option of tickets for this but with flights/ accomadation would be running up to 500 quid. I'll go in the new year. I saw some people talking about tickets there, what is the easiest way to get them? My dad knows someone but if that breaks down... Im looking for the Villa game Jan 19th.....

Really looking forward to tonight. I think it may be Yossi playing somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't believe I have to work tonight! :(

Well I'm taping the match and ignoring any websites until I get home and have it watched so it will be just like it's live, right? Right!?

• Advertisement

Well I'm taping the match and ignoring any websites until I get home and have it watched so it will be just like it's live, right? Right!?

...sure it will!

That never works for me! I just lost my job because I refused to work tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

make sure you dont go into the local shop on the way home, i remember stopping in for few cans before my delayed watching of a match (heineken cup final) and the news was on the radio which started with "munster have ended theyre wait for a european cup.......!"
    it just wasnt the same watching it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Tusky wrote: »
    ...sure it will!

That never works for me! I just lost my job because I refused to work tonight :(

thats dedication beyond the call.Im working so will be depending on eoin mcdevitt and his crew to keep me up to date

Better stay well away from all radios and this place. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No radios where I work just my iPod on. Will get the bus home with my iPod on loudly to prevent me form overhearing anyone talking about it. Hoping I don't hear anything, can't wait for the match. Time for the team to stand up and be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Is ITV showing the match on any of its channels. For reasons too complicated to explain, I've no RTE or Sky Sports.:(

EDIT: Scrub that. Can see they aint. Any other channels showing it?

• Advertisement

RTE will be showing it on their web site if that's any use..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

rumours that if he loses tonight, he will be sacked, with pako taking over till the end of the year

madness if true tbh

EDIT: Though ye wont lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

event wrote: »
    rumours that if he loses tonight, he will be sacked, with pako taking over till the end of the year

madness if true tbh

EDIT: Though ye wont lose

I thought Pako was gone?
    Wouldnt mind if he came back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is there anyway to record a stream, as i wont be able to watch it but also dont have any way of recording it? are highlights on anywhere around midnight?

• Advertisement

I thought Pako was gone?
    Wouldnt mind if he came back though.

i reckon its false, but just passing on what i heard from a good source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LizardKing wrote: »

I presume this won't work for people outside Ireland (like my Irish friend who is in Australia at the mo')?

event wrote:
    i reckon its false, but just passing on what i heard from a good source

Who/What is your source? :)

raven136 wrote: »
    thats dedication beyond the call.Im working so will be depending on eoin mcdevitt and his crew to keep me up to date

It was only a part time job to fund the weekends while in college...could have used the cash though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I presume this won't work for people outside Ireland (like my Irish friend who is in Australia at the mo')?

I imagine it is restricted but TBH have never tested / tried.

Linked off uefa site so may be available worldwide .. ( edit: just saw this - http://www.rte.ie/info/avfaq.html )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The-Rigger wrote: »

Tell him to watch SBS they normally show the games. Should be around 6.30 in the morning Sydney time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tell him to watch SBS they normally show the games. Should be around 6.30 in the morning Sydney time.
    They might not show the Liverpool game though.

Big Ethnic European population in Aus, don't you know, they might show one of the other games.

But, as far as I remember, yeah, they tend to concentrate on the british teams. Premier League is big news in Australia too.

SBS is a fantastic TV Station though. Hour program on a Sunday afternoon. Veg time.

The rumour of Pako coming in has got to be rubbish.

He is a fitness coach, not a club manager!

DesF wrote: »
    They might not show the Liverpool game though.

Big Ethnic European population in Aus, don't you know, they might show one of the other games.

But, as far as I remember, yeah, they tend to concentrate on the british teams. Premier League is big news in Australia too.

SBS is a fantastic TV Station though. Hour program on a Sunday afternoon. Veg time.

Its was a good channel for the World Cup and Cl alre. Not much good for anything else. Yeah they normally have the English Teams on, I got up many a morning to watch them. I had a quick look at the listings and they seem to be showing the liverpool one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I got up many a morning to watch them.
    I stayed up many a night to watch games tbh.:)

I had a quick look at the listings and they seem to be showing the liverpool one.
    Nice one.

DesF wrote: »
    I stayed up many a night to watch games tbh.:)

HA, I stayed up for some PL league games, and World Cup games, but I always got up for the CL games.

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    The rumour of Pako coming in has got to be rubbish.

apologies, i have now heard it is some lad called Paco

im not being silly here, its a different pako, he is a spanish manager or something.

though this is leading me to believe its ****e

ROFL! I thinks thats a certainty. Both Pako and Paco left.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but David Thompson retired because of injury today. He had only turned 30 a couple of months ago. Never good to see a player have to retire early. Was a handy little player, even though he only played about 50 games for us.

Anyway, just thought it was worth a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

i thought Pako was on "gardening leave" - liverpool are still paying his wages until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but David Thompson retired because of injury today. He had only turned 30 a couple of months ago. Never good to see a player have to retire early. Was a handy little player, even though he only played about 50 games for us.

Anyway, just thought it was worth a mention.

Indeed, I was disappointed when we sold him because he was incredibly hard working on the pitch.

Best of luck to him. :)

Saw that, I remember thinking when he was sold that he should have been kept and Danny Murphy sold. The right decision was proberly made.

Mike.

Anyone see the intro to the champions league program on sky sports ? I thought it was in pretty bad taste. It said something like 'Liverpool : Can they get out of jail?' followed by a video of a guy running around a prison trying to escape.

Isn't there an ongoing case of a Liverpool fan in prison thats supposedly innocent ?

Has anyone seen any footage of the march on the news ? Should be happening right now. Nothing on SSN or Sky sports 2 yet.

Team : Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benayoun, Babel, Torres, Voronin. Strong side, I like it.

michael shields? i thought he got off? reading into it a bit much. i was waiting for the Prison Break plug...

EDIT: no he's in jail in the UK now

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/liverpool-campaigns/michael-shields/2007/09/26/michael-shields-shock-as-he-s-moved-to-adult-prison-100252-19847573/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone see the intro to the champions league program on sky sports ? I thought it was in pretty bad taste. It said something like 'Liverpool : Can they get out of jail?' followed by a video of a guy running around a prison trying to escape.

Isn't there an ongoing case of a Liverpool fan in prison thats supposedly innocent ?

Were you offended?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

team for tonight

The Reds 11 in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Babel, Voronin, Torres. Subs: Itandje, Sissoko, Riise, Kewell, Crouch, Kuyt, Lucas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement