Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northbridge and Mosfet Coolers

Options
  • 10-08-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I am about to do a bit of a re jig with my PC, new case and a motherboard i have just got back from and RMA.So i was thinking this would be a great time to replace the stock heatsinks on the North & South Bridge, also the MOSFET's.

Im looking at the thermalright stuff at the moment (HR-05-SLI) for the chipsets and Swiftch for the MOSFET's, they seem to be the best around, anybody using them on an EVGA 680i motherboard with and 8800 graphics card and a Tuniq CPU cooler, just wondering if there is enough clearnace on the board?

Also where is the best place to buy the Chipset coolers and also MOSFET coolers, preferably all passive.

Ive been looking around the usual sites but they dont seem to have the greatest selection of Chipset & MOSFET heatsinks.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Bump

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for a hr-05 for the NB and a hr-05 sli for the SB then the siftech stuff or maby the thermalright mossfot coolers.

i got mine off ebay :D

Cheers awhir,

Did you notice much of a drop in temps and noise level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I used a hr-05 sli on my nf4 board. The old fan was loud, and did a poor job at keeping the temps below 50c. With the hr-05 sli on the temps never broke 30. The mounting bracket for them are terrible though, as they do not make proper contact with the nb/sb. But if you use 2 bolts and nuts you can get a secure contact. Also a antec spot cool is a nice touch as it can be moved around inside the case to cool different parts, and has 3 fan settings.

• Advertisement

Thanks again awhir, Anti.

Ill pop my order in this afternoon.

Advertisement