Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rubberbandits bebo page

Options
  • 10-08-2007 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hello all.
    Im sure alot of boards users have bebo pages and some of you may have noticed that the Rubberbandits bebo page has dissapeared. Well.... it was deleted by bebo administration because I made public my opinion that Profile views and top 16s were having a negative effect on Teenagers self esteem, I also attempted forming an online petition of bebo users requesting that profile views be removed from bebo profiles.

Anyway, that bebo page was our only concrete proof of us being in any way relevant as comedians (100,000 page views and 7,000 groupies which officially made us the most sucsessful unsigned and unpromoted band on bebo). Taking into consideration that we dont sell any of our material and thus have no sales figures, that page really was quite important to us when it came to pitching ourselves to radio stations etc.
    We would greatly appreciate it if you would join the new bebo page assuming you are already on bebo.
    There is a couple of new pranks up on it also.

www.rubberbanditspranks.bebo.com

We have a myspace too.

www.myspace.com/rubberbanditspranks

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just joined there...good to see you back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

those guys are excellent!!
    have ye heard thelimerick knightrider and the babysitter???

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I think youre a bit mixed up there goth detective. The shams did the limerick knight rider and the Rubberbandits did the babysitter call. I Dont mean to be nit picking!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh, the shams are MUCH better :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

Guess what?
    Two weeks after I created a fuss on bebo requesting that profile views be removed altogether or at least made optional......they have gone and made profile views optional.
    If they were actually going to use my suggestion then they really shouldnt have silenced me. Its like fascism got justice pregnant and now I have to look after the child. (By which I mean, rebuild my page from scratch even though bebo have favourably adressed the issue that caused its deletion)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its like fascism got justice pregnant and now I have to look after the child.

haha that is now my new quote on my page. ........
    Couldnt agree more with you though.Bebo is a great invention for those of us who like to keep in touch with different people from across the globes etc. But its not really being used for this purpose among the young folk of Ireland. Its more of a page of posey pictures where you can show the world how great you are and how popular you are and it shouldnt be like that.

Advertisement