Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[ADVICE] Best Way To Buy Second Hand Car

Options
  • 10-08-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm about to embark on buying my7 first car YEAH !!

I'm looking at either 00 Astra or 00 polo. here's the Prob... how.

3/4 main options here :

-> Dealer
    -> private trader / mag's (auto trader etc)
    -> car auctions

I thinking which will give me the best a balance between low price and least likely to be a waste of money i.e. safest option.

Also what should i look for who should i bring, what should i ask ??

really stumped here cheers guys

-Elfman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭scitpo

If you get the right small dealer. Knock him down on his asking price and get him to throw in a 3-6 month warranty. Have the car checked out properly as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Firstly, before you commit yourself to any seller, have an independent mechanic that you trust look at the vehicle on your behalf. Should you do this, you are protected to some degree from buying a vehicle that has problems.

Secondly, if a dealer whether independent or franchised, cannot give you at least 6 months warranty, don't buy from them.

Advertisement