Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash Curlers

• 10-08-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm just wondering can anyone recommend a really good eyelash curler. I have quite long eyelashes but they are very flat and would need quite a good/strong curler to curl them up.

What would be the best ones on the market??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

hey i got a normal metal one from boots and i really love it. i have short lashes but it makes them look nice and long!!! mine was only about 7 or 8 euro which is pretty reasonable!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Those things scare the ****e out of me. If I had to torture someone for information, these would be my instrument of choice.

I'll ask my sister.

why do they scare you???:D

Just the idea of this big metal clamp thingy being so close to ones eye, and then the possibility of someone yanking it and ripping off your eyelid. You know, that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I have the one from Jemmy Kid. It's available in boots. It's the black one with the pink rubber thingi. It is really good!!!! A lot better than the normal metal ones.

But you could also try a "lash perm". They do it in beauti salons. It looks stunning and lasts up to 8 weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

the shu umera ones are supoosed to be the best so ive heard. i just have a pair from boots and they do the job.the secret is the blast the hairdryer on the rubber bit that curls your lashes, then use on the lash.it holds the curl better i find..be careful not to burn your eyelid though as the metal can get quite hot!!(the things we ladies do to ourselves astounds me sometimes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

just wondering if anyone has used the heated eyelash curlers, like this style: http://www.amazon.com/Sephora-Professional-Mini-Heated-Curler/dp/B00021CVYU

I just have the ordinary metal ones at the mo, they curl my eyelashes lovely at the beginning but i find i loose the curl very quickly? even if i put on mascara straight away! anyway just wondering if its worth investing in one of those heated ones?

oh lord i was just doing my hair and decided to do the hair dryer trick with the eyelash curler - now i have lovely curly eyelashes but be very wary the curler gets VERY hot i nearly burnt the eyes out of my head:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ruthee wrote:
    the shu umera ones are supoosed to be the best so ive heard.

I have Shu Uemura curlers and they're amazing. Definitely worth the money imo, especially if you have short lashes as I have.

Sister wrote:
    My advice would be an ordinary METAL curler not plastic and heat it with
    your hairdryer.. it takes a small while for the eyelashes to be trained into
    a curl but once they are they maintain a good curl!

There you have it, even more reason to be scared out of your wits of these thing, heating them with a hairdryer?! This is madness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Pout make a good one for about €25. I love my one.

Advertisement