Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok guys, meet 'Jericho'!..

Options
  • 10-08-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Well after a long and exhaustive search we've found 'Jericho' @ Ashtown pound this afternoon.

He's a 10 week old male Staffie and appear's in great health.

Sorry the photo is alittle blurred, but he's running around the garden's like something demented at the moment, brilliant fun!.

Here he is...

Oh, thanks to everyone here and www.dogsindistress.org for all your kind help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shelley1

He is gorgeous!! Best of luck with him..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good luck. He's very sweet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

congratulations best of luck with him he looks lovely
    best thing I ever done was adopt our staffy 'Trudy' from the local pound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just a little sad info on Jericho.

On the way home we noticed some of his facial hair burnt, whiskers and lashes on one side are very lightly burned.. Then just a few minutes ago we noticed a few more small burn's on the pads his front paw's and some light scabbing on his little tummy.

Although he doesn't appear to be in any sort of pain or discomfort.

However we have him booked into the Vets on Tuesday for a once over & Vac's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He's in a safe place now so you can make this dog's life now-fair play to ya, he looks lovely-very cute..imagine people are scared of these staffy's-:eek:

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote:
    He's in a safe place now so you can make this dog's life now-fair play to ya, he looks lovely-very cute..imagine people are scared of these staffy's-:eek:

Yeah Paul, thanks.

My wife has just noticed another little burn under his chin :eek:

For fvck sake, whats up with people?.

As you say Paul, at least he's in a safe, loving home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

he's a lovely looking hound mairt congrats, I love the brindle/white mix in those breeds. be prepared for many chew toys though lol

I might well be wrong but his proportions look a bit like there might be some pit bull in the mix too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw he is so beautiful! Yeah it's heartbreaking to find those marks but try not to upset yourself, Mairt. Concentrate on the fact that he's still only a babby so there's plenty of time to heal him emotionally and, if that contented little face is anything to go by, he isn't affected too much.

Hope you have a great life with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Good luck with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Fair play for adopting a dog in need from a sheler instead of spending hundreds at a breeder's or worse, a puppy farm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He is stunning!!!

Here's another little look at him!...

I'm really excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Congratulations on the new addition :) he is a little stunner

As others have said, he is safe now and young and will in time remember only the good times he will have with you rather than the bad times before he met you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Ooooh- look at the beautiful little Staffie! Well done, Mairt; he's gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Oh he's a gorgeous little staffie baby.
    Poor mite - best of luck with him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Mairt wrote:

Cant really see him dude, theres a big head in the way,:D :D
    Sorry, but i couldnt resist!!:rolleyes:

He's beautiful, love the colour, white with brindal markings, have'nt seen that much before. Best of luck with him, hope you have many happy times. Believe me your other half wont be disapointed that she agreed to get one, there so affectionate its unbelievable, give him a good selection of chew toys to keep him ocupied, i find the red "KONG" balls the best for my fella not only for the fact that he manages to rip all the other ones apart in a day or 2 but you can put little treats inside them aswell, which he loves. Good choice rescueing one, it makes it all the better.

Again: Congrates and best wishs.

P.S. i was only messing bout the head thing, its not that big!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He holds his head in a lovely fashion. Very regal looking.

Good luck with him and well done for adopting him from a shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Lovely dog, looked big in the first photo, but after seeing the second one a big awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !
    I hope you have many happy years with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

puppies are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Gorgeous puppy, best of luck with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

ah he's gorgeous (the dog).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote:

Ah Jesus he's lovely. 10 weeks old? Be prepared to be shoeless and to have every available edge in your house chewd to bits!

He is REALLY gorgeous, best of luck with him and good luck at the vets! He is one of the lucky little beggars that's found himself a great forever home!

Did you have better luck with the lady as Ashtown when you went back? Didn't you have a bit of a bad experience there the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Awwww, he's lovely! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Great looking dog, I love the white head. Will I keep and eye out for him in St. Annes park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Stunning pup, and fair play for rehoming...

Make sure you take loads of photos cause when there all grown up you'll forget he was ever a pup!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Lovely dog, best of luck with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

That's a lovely dog - please post more pics of him. Rescue dogs can be great. Our little collie which we literally rescued from the street is brilliant and gets on great with the dobies - most of the time. ;)

Thanks for the very nice comments guys.

Here's another photo of Jericho, nicknamed by the kids as 'Richo' now!.

Got him Vac'd & , Microchippped last night.. The chipping was defo not a pleasent experience. In fact my daughter burst out crying when she heard him scream :(

Its only been a few days, but with a good diet now he's even filled out abit since this photo was taken..

I love posting pix, but don't wanna bore you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw, he is SO beautiful! His little face is just gorgeous. And he looks so happy!
    Mairt wrote:
    The chipping was defo not a pleasent experience. In fact my daughter burst out crying when she heard him scream
    Ah God love them both. 'Tis a necessary evil though.
    Jericho, nicknamed by the kids as 'Richo' now!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote:
    Thanks for the very nice comments guys.

Here's another photo of Jericho, nicknamed by the kids as 'Richo' now!.

Got him Vac'd & , Microchippped last night.. The chipping was defo not a pleasent experience. In fact my daughter burst out crying when she heard him scream :(

Its only been a few days, but with a good diet now he's even filled out abit since this photo was taken..

I love posting pix, but don't wanna bore you guys.

Mairt - He is just FAB! And has a look about him that says there is bags of mischief just waiting to happen too! He's a real beaut. Well done for giving him a home & very best of luck with him. I hope he makes you all as happy as you will have made him by giving him a second chance!

Advertisement