Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No NCT disc

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

commited wrote:
    Well it's in my insurance policy - Quinn Direct - that all cars must have a valid NCT/MOT. Friends of mine with Hibernian have had to produce a valid MOT/NCT cert when they've changed their cars.

If it is in the policy then that is that!

(Of course it doesnt mean they "wont" pay out, but it would be nervous times if you happened to own any assets other than your family home!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My gf got her car in early June. The NCT was due on the 29th of June so we applied straight away there was none available straight away and she asked that we ring back everyday in the morning in case people cancelled and we could go instead.

I rang a few times but was unlucky. As the date passed we were worried that she would be driving aroung illegally and when I rang the NCT people someone there said just keep the letter we sent out to you with the new date as prove you have applied for it.

The letter we got is for the 1st week in Sept. so I was worried about driving around on this. Anyway She was pulled over last week and showed the Gardai the letter and they told her to drive on , no worries.

Advertisement