Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with fruity loop producer edition 6

Options
  • 10-08-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

i dont no what catorgorey this shud be in but ill do it here so fell free to move it

i recently purchased fruity loop producer edition 6. i have no idea how to use it. i dont have the time to look at tutorials (really i dont want to cause i hate them) so my friend made a really good song and gave it to me to look at in fruity loops(thats were he made it) problem is its an mp3 and fruity loops wont open it. so does anyone know where i could get software to convert it to a fruity loops format eg flp wav rgb etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

You wont get an flp out of it, its like trying to separate the milk and coffee out of a cappuccino.

You can make a wav from an mp3 using software like audacity.

You might want to try out a few tutorials if you dont know this information already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Ask your friend for the .flp file, generally theyre quite small. It should be all you need unless your friend is using some samples in the tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

thats the problem. he only saved it as a mp3 because he was putting it up on his myspace. ill try that programme and see if it works. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Where did you buy fl studio 6? FL 7 has been out for 8 months or so now - Image Line wouldnt be happy if they thought a retailer was still plugging V6.

Why would you spend that much on a software package if you weren't prepared to invest the time reading the help files and watching the tutorials to figure it out? Looking at a premade song in the package won't instantly reveal the program to you - believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

emmet14 wrote:
    i dont have the time to look at tutorials (really i dont want to cause i hate them)

That doesn't really cut it. Make an effort - no one here has the time/patience to hold your hand 100% of the way through.

Show that you've made an effort, come back with more specific questions, and someone will be happy to help out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

:confused:

Surely the software already comes with a few demos to show off what it can do? Load them up, I'm sure they're every bit as good as your friends tune, if that's how you want to learn.
    emmet14 wrote:
    i recently purchased fruity loop producer edition 6. i have no idea how to use it. i dont have the time to look at tutorials

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

by recent i mean i got it at christmas and never really got around to messin and tryin abuot with it. i suppose ill have to look at the tutorials. i havent really got the time though thats all. thanks for the help

Advertisement