Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huge packet loss on my wireless connections.

• 10-08-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

OK basically , I have set up a network in my house. There are 3 PC's on it and once in a while a DS. My pc is wired to the router and seems to be accessing the internet normally.

However the two other PCs are connected Wirelessly.

And the packet loss seems to be far higher for those then it is for the wired PC. Also File downloads do not work on the wireless PC's where as they work perfectly on the wired. Also Youtube will only load a few seconds of video in the wireless PC's and then stop, no matter how long you wait for the video to load. Whereas youtube looks fine on the wired pc.

My router is a D-link DGL 4300 and the wireless cards are some form of basic D-link wireless G pci cards.

Heres a pic of the packet loss page on my router.

packetlossbp5.png
    Shot at 2007-08-10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Did you try forcing the router/clients to use a lower rate?

It could be that the auto-rate system is not adapting properly to bad conditions and trying to overstretch itself.

Or it could be just interference on the channel, but if the distances between router and PC are small, this shouldn't be as much of an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Well one of the PC's is about 10 feet away with a wall in between. And the other is about 15-20 feet away with a wall/ceiling in the way.

Ok I will try putting on wireless b manually then, also should they be on as hoc or infrastructure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ok I turned off the turbo wireless setting ( the cards dont support turbo) and now the wireless pcs can use youtbue and download files, thanks peanut :).

Advertisement