Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus broadband on mmds

Options
  • 10-08-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if chorus plan to roll out broadband on their mmds network?? Is it even possible?? OR are there plans to upgrade their mast network to accomodate broadband? Thanks for any replies:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Does anyone know if chorus plan to roll out broadband on their mmds network?? Is it even possible?? OR are there plans to upgrade their mast network to accomodate broadband? Thanks for any replies:p

No, it is not possible, they have it hard enough getting their tv system to work let alone BB which requires a link each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Thought as much, I know they're not the smartest guys around but the have a nearly unparalleled network of masts around the country. I would think that someone there must have had the idea to use it for broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

I think they plan to partner with some wireless supplier, not sure who has coverage in all their franchise areas. Heard that here, so you know as much as I do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

they had a wireless BB product called Powernet - it was good. Problem was they didnt sell enuff connections to warrant it anymore. Also I think the company supplying the kit for it went under so they ran out of gear. One day the system fell on its a$$...at this stage they just wanted rid so they didnt fix it.

I doubt they will ever go that route again - once bitten twice shy and all that.

My own interest is that we supply power to a chorus beambender and adding broadband to the mast would mean freebie broadband! Well I can only dream...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

My own interest is that we supply power to a chorus beambender and adding broadband to the mast would mean freebie broadband! Well I can only dream...
    Oh yes...the old beambenders, I used to maintain quiet a few of them aournd Lois/Offaly & Kildare for them years ago. Where is it you are living? Roughly?

east cork.

Advertisement