Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog Thinks its a Wolf?

Options
  • 10-08-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

So my dog plays with anything she can get her teeth into, rips up dolls and what not.
    Yesterday she got hold of this Christmas hair accessory of my sisters which had a small contraption in it. When you push a button its starts belting out this christmas song at a very high pitch.
    She must have pushed this button and it started singing this song, she then started howling like a wolf to the moon :D. Its the funniest thing iv ever seen, she sticks her head in the air and just howls.

So any idea why she is doing this, is the sound driving her insane or something? I don't want to let her play with it if this howling is actually distress?

Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of ours "loves" irirsh trad ...can't take him to a session, so you can't :D

No distress there ...just a bit of "singing" going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

She's singing? Crumbs, she looks really puzzled when the thing first starts singing, she might circle around it, and then fly into this funny howl. I was thinking and i actually remember my best friends two dogs used to howl like this every morning at about 6, drove us mad.
    I might record it on my phone later and upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't know if you could actually call it "singing" as we would sing ....but it certainly isn't distress.

She'd bark or run awy, or hide or bite it, wet herself ...something fairly drastic anyway if she was distressed.

Advertisement