Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New update problem.

• 10-08-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi, for the last 2 days when i try to conect to Xbox live I get a message "there is an update available for your console please update now" i get the usual two options "Update now" or "cancel update". When i select "update now" it seems like it is about to update but i then get a "cannot complete update, check your network settings" message. My network settings are fine i.e. I.P., MTU, DNS etc, until i get to X-box live and that's where it fails. Also the time is correct so i must be connected to live in some way.

I've tried X-box.com/support but can't seem to find a solution anybody got any ideas, please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Similar thing happened to me the other day. Failed to update twice, checked network settings, when it got to xbox live part of the test the "there is an update available for your console please update now" popped up. I selected "update now" and it updated successfully.

I don't pretend to understand why. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Fnz wrote:
    Similar thing happened to me the other day. Failed to update twice, checked network settings, when it got to xbox live part of the test the "there is an update available for your console please update now" popped up. I selected "update now" and it updated successfully.

I don't pretend to understand why. :confused:

Cherrs Fnz, i also get that option, after it fails the X-box live test, but it still doesn't complete the update from there.:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Might be a NAT problem. Have you got the correct ports open in your router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I had this problem on the old update aswell. I cant remember how i got around it.

I would try, put a disc in the console and start the game and get the update from there.

I think you just have to wait a day or so untill it fixes itself. Your definatley not the only one with this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I had this problem too, but I sorted it out. It told me to go check it up on xbox.com which was no help whats-so-ever. So I rang up costumer support and after ages of pointless questions I get an answer out of him. All you have to do is turn your Firewall to low. That it really. It won't let the new dash system up on Medium anymore because of added security on it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i was able to download the update no probs first time. does anyone know what the console update was actually for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

miju wrote:
    i was able to download the update no probs first time. does anyone know what the console update was actually for?
    I think it was just adding support for Guitar Hero 2.

support in what way GH2 works fine and the download packs where OK ?

Yep, Sad Professor is right. Linky Link.

lollers i just found the link myself as well

thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

My xbox live keeps disconnecting for no apparent reason. I am using my broadband now to surf and it's fine. I have not made any changes and whenever I go online with the xbox it logs out shortly after connecting. Very annoying, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

God I wish I had ye're problems!

I updated yesterday, and my 360 has died!!:mad: I have 3 of the 4 red lights on. Never had a bother with the unit before this update, so I can only assume it's what caused the problem.

Question is, do I ring Microsoft and get them to repair it, or can I just bring it back to Tesco's and get a replacement.
    If it's the latter, do I need to bring everything back, or just the unit itself ex. HDD?

Oh yeah, the unit was bought at Christmas.:rolleyes:

Soarer wrote:
    Question is, do I ring Microsoft and get them to repair it, or can I just bring it back to Tesco's and get a replacement.
    It's up to you. You could try getting a replacement from Tesco but imo you're better sending it to MS, since they should install the improved heatsink making the problem less likely to occur again. An off-the-shelf replacement 360 is just as likely to fail on you.

And afaik you just send the unit so you can hold on to the hdd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Professor.

Did you try the towel system? Just to see if you can get it back up and runnig again.

Advertisement