Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kamelot anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like them. Good old Epica. What an album to listen to when your reading some epic fantasy book. Or even that book it's based on that I haven't read :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I love them, have all their stuff..
    Saw the other day that they'll playing the Mean Fiddler in London on the 28th of September with Serenity & Threshold. Would love to go, but don't think I can afford anymore trips away or holidays off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The March of Mephisto is a great song. I got into them after seeing that Epica love them so much they named themselves after a Kamelot album, and they're always touring with each other. They are pretty cheesy, Roy Khan can sound a bit like a Disney character when singing ballads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah they're not too bad actually. I bought Karma a few months ago, but only listened to it properly once. It's on my "need to listen to" pile. Actually looking at it now, most of the cds that are there are euro-power metal bands. Don't get me wrong, I love some of them, Blind guardian, Helloween and (Probably the cheesiest of them all) Freedom call, but I've got some that I just cant get into - Edguy, Avantasia, Rhapsody and Stratovarius to name a few. I'm gonna have to give some of them another chance I suppose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Karma was a superb album, but their other stuff just doesnt do it for me, got their latest and was pretty disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Edguy, Avantasia, Rhapsody and Stratovarius to name a few. I'm gonna have to give some of them another chance I suppose :D

Give Avantasia a try anyway. I like all the above bands, but I love Avantasia! They're really great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I might nab one of their albums at some stage so.

The whole Power Metal thing is something I really have to be in the mood for, and most of the time I can't even stand Rhapsody or Stratovarius. Then again, I've always got time for the likes of Blind Guardian and Iced Earth, but I suppose they'd be the heavier end of the spectrum. I quite like Sonata Arctica too, but I thought Unia was quite poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If your looking for some power metal at the heavier end of things try out Sabaton, absolutely hillarious, with some great riffs to boot, its just feel good 'marching into battle smiling ear to ear' type music.

As for Blind Guardian and Iced Earth, Iced Earth lost it when Matt Barlow left, their set at Wacken lacked his presence big time, very poor show, Blind Guardian were phenomonal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hahahaha I've never heard of them before. Can't stop laughing at this:

sabaton1.jpg

I don't think you can really compare Iced Earth and Blind Guardian, they're fairly different, that's what Demons and Wizards is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Listening to them now, Pugsley... God, I'm not sure what to think about them. Doubt I'll be running out to buy an album of theirs though.

Aye, the military gear is a bit lolsome though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Seriously Karl get Epica if you want to get into Kamelot.

And for heavier Power metal everyone, EVERYONE, should listen to Falconer.

Advertisement