Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd vista problem

• 10-08-2007 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I've a strange vista problem,the icons on on the desktop keep auto arranging even though I have auto arrange turned off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

By any chance are you playing games that change the resolution of your display to something other than your normal resolution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Don't think so,what I find strange is that if I move the icons around then right click and hit refresh it auto arranges them back even in safe mode.
    So I'm wondering is there any settings I could have changed that would be causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is sort by "...." selected in the context menu ?

No its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Try this. Arrange your icons as required, with auto turned off. Log off the PC - this should write your settings to the registry - then log on and test.

• Advertisement

Still the same,I'm guessing it must be the reg not updating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Are you accessing the machine by remote desktop or anything? Whenever I RDP to my machine, it rearranges the icons. Same thing happened in XP.

No not accessing the machine by remote desktop.

Advertisement