Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Divine Heresy, (dinos new band)

• 10-08-2007 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Check them the **** out, consisting of members from nile, vital remains and dino from FF...

http://www.myspace.com/divineheresyband

this drummer is ****ing sick!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Beat you to it: http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125577

;)

I am looking forward to this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ah apologies.

well, i've aquired the album shall we say, and its the best stuff ive heard in a while.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I also got my mitts on this one, tis OK, havent heard much of his other stuff, some pretty good riffs but overall a fairly average album imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I appreciate the skill it takes to play like that...but god damn if it doesnt sound amazingly boring to me. Where are the hooks? Where is the personality in it?

Fair enough...whatever floats your boat, but I just can't for the life of me get into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

i agree... it just sounds like another run in the mill metal band to me... but different strokes i guess....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I appreciate the skill it takes to play like that...but god damn if it doesnt sound amazingly boring to me. Where are the hooks? Where is the personality in it?

Fair enough...whatever floats your boat, but I just can't for the life of me get into this.

How do you mean 'Hooks'? As in catchy riffs? Because the style isn't really about being catchy, it's like Cannibal Corpse (Listen to that and you'll see what I mean), it's about that kinda chaotic soundscape. Now Devine Heresy sounds a lot more mechanical, seeing as it's Dino we're talking about here, but it's the same kinda thing, going for that soundscape, and the incredibly tight rythms really do bring out that calculated, prescise, mechanical soundscape.

I don't know if that's the best way to explain it, but yeah, it's just a style that goes for the sound or texture of the music, rather than making riffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

How do you mean 'Hooks'? As in catchy riffs? Because the style isn't really about being catchy, it's like Cannibal Corpse (Listen to that and you'll see what I mean), it's about that kinda chaotic soundscape. Now Devine Heresy sounds a lot more mechanical, seeing as it's Dino we're talking about here, but it's the same kinda thing, going for that soundscape, and the incredibly tight rythms really do bring out that calculated, prescise, mechanical soundscape.

I don't know if that's the best way to explain it, but yeah, it's just a style that goes for the sound or texture of the music, rather than making riffs.

Haha. I know exactly what you mean and believe me i'm well into my grind. But I even find that grind has it's hooks (maybe that wasnt the best word to use?) in that there's something to sort of...grip onto, theres also a feeling I find in grind of complete chaos...which I dont dind in Divine Heresy. Divine Heresy just seem to me to be completly blank and expressionless. After a few seconds it's like I've heard all they have to offer.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'm surprised at the negative reactions hmm, I love the album, it sounds like the technical side of meshuggah mixed with the melodys of hypocrisy...

Advertisement