Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't judge a book by it's cover

Options
  • 11-08-2007 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

While in work the other day I notice a customer come in with a guide dog puppy. I go over and pet the dog, asking how her training is coming along etc. She is a lovely quiet dog, happy to be petted and not at all bothered about the sounds and smells of a supermarket. Perfectly behaved, especially for a 5 month old puppy. She is getting lots of admiring glances. I ask the owner what breed she is. Although she looks just like a black Labrador with her jet-black coat, floppy ears and thick tail, I am told she is a Golden Retriever/German Shepherd mix, which you would never guess to look at her. It just annoyed me that if she had been born with pointed ears and some tan in her coat and therefore bore some resemblace to a German Shepherd, a lot of people would assume this beautiful dog was "Vicious".

Advertisement