Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survival Football

Options
  • 11-08-2007 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I know there is about a month to go before the NFL regular season kicks off, but I thought I'd ask if anyone was interested in playing in a Survival Football League.

In case you haven't played it before, in Survival Football you have to pick one team each week that you think will win, if you are right you survive, if you're wrong you are eliminated. But, you are only allowed to pick each team once per season, which means it gets harder as the weeks go by and you've already chosen all the best teams and the most obvious mismatches. The winner is the person to survive the longest.

Its free to play, only takes a couple of minutes a week and adds interest to games that you might otherwise ignore.

You can check it out at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

heyjude wrote:
    I know there is about a month to go before the NFL regular season kicks off, but I thought I'd ask if anyone was interested in playing in a Survival Football League.

In case you haven't played it before, in Survival Football you have to pick one team each week that you think will win, if you are right you survive, if you're wrong you are eliminated. But, you are only allowed to pick each team once per season, which means it gets harder as the weeks go by and you've already chosen all the best teams and the most obvious mismatches. The winner is the person to survive the longest.

Its free to play, only takes a couple of minutes a week and adds interest to games that you might otherwise ignore.

You can check it out at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Yeah I play it every year you got a group going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Yeah I play it every year you got a group going?

I have just set up a boards group, the group name is: BOARDS.IE SURVIVAL 2008 and the password is playoffs

Group ID# is 5028

It can handle up to 50 members and it starts with the Week 1 NFL games.

Should be fun.

heyjude wrote:
    I have just set up a boards group, the group name is: BOARDS.IE SURVIVAL 2008 and the password is playoffs

Group ID# is 5028

It can handle up to 50 members and it starts with the Week 1 NFL games.

Should be fun.

it is the Group ID#, not the group name,that you should use to join the group

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cool, signed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Just signed up for this now, should be interesting enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Just signed up -Irish Patriots

Don't forget to get your week one picks early as the season starts on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

still haven't decided on mine. picking a week 1 winner is quite tough given that you're not 100% sure how everyone is going to play. also don't want to use one of the sure picks straight away. need to keep them for later on in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Just Signed up - Cards_Abu.
    Hopefully I can make it past the first week!!!

The new season starts in just over 2 hours :cool: and three people haven't entered their picks yet, still time if you are still online or time to join if you haven't done so yet.

Let the action begin. :)

• Advertisement

i went with a slightly riské pick, i said id keep th e sure fires for later, hope im still in next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

How did everyone get on?

I went with seattle and was surprised to see that I made the most popular correct pick.

went with Miami :(

I thought New England were the most popular

brav wrote:
    I thought New England were the most popular

From the Yahoo survival home page.
    Weekly Highlights - Week 1 Overall Results & Message Boards
    Percentage of Correct Picks 79.06%
    Most Popular Correct Pick Seattle
    Least Popular Correct Pick Carolina
    Most Popular Incorrect Pick Jacksonville
    Least Popular Incorrect Pick Buffalo

I forgot about this... Went with Seattle, which was a good thing, w00t... We've lost 5 teams already, 3 didn't pick...

Now, for week 2... Hmm...

Edit: Now picked... Think it's a good choice, but we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I joined three leagues and picked three different teams and I'm still alive in two after week one, including the boards.ie league.

To those who are left...

I noticed that Dallas was a popular pick.. What happened to everyone's originality :)

Bring on week 5 :)

Ya I noticed that... Pretty funny... Surprised I've lasted this far to be honest...

I was away for week 2 actually in the US and couldnt get to a computer in time was going to pick PATs and see how it would take me :)

I was away for week 2 actually in the US and couldnt get to a computer in time was going to pick PATs and see how it would take me :)

Sounds like an excuse... ;)

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote:
    Sounds like an excuse... ;)

Well Im a Pats fan so i would have definitely stuck with them check my first pick :) And drinking in Wisconsin is more fun than logging on to the intranet :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

think tallaghtoutlaws you have to pick a different team each week, and you can only pick a team once over the course of a season.

The league I am in is over already. The bengals/browns game knocked out about 70% of people in it. And I was saving up for the Pats/Colts/Steelers/Packers, had used weak enough teams so far in it. San Diego at the weekend accounted for the last of the fallers, the Cowboys keeping me alive (after a last minute change from the Dolphins!)

Congrats to Orlaith's All Stars for winning.

Curses to San Diego for failing me! - Now where's that teams you hate thread!

Congrats to Orlaith's All Stars for winning.

Just wondering though whether anyone is interested in re-starting the Survivor league again for the remainder of the season ?

If anyone is interested, I have reset the Boards Survivor League, which has erased all members picks for all weeks. So it will start again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

WOO-HOO! I won the first round. Bring it on for the next round.

Advertisement